[GAME OVER- ATREIDES VICTORY] Battle for Dune Mafia 1

Killing_You
Message added by Jeod,

4 minutes ago, TheIrishman said:

Well I initially thought I was jailed and it was scum doing jailing action instead of a nightkill. But now idk

So you initially thought it was scum doing jailing action, till you learned Cat 5 did it, and now you're not sure whether it was scum doing jailing action? Connect these dots for me.

7 minutes ago, TheIrishman said:

Well I initially thought I was jailed and it was scum doing jailing action instead of a nightkill. But now idk

Considering how vague the term jailed is, I do need to ask for specifics. My assumption is roleblocked/protected.

5 minutes ago, Category 5 Hurricane said:

I said earlier, not yet. I've got more info to give, but there is a bunch to think about. There are complications.

Well, I already have my assumptions about your role and ability.

But I suppose the real question is does your ability contradict Louis's role block ability, or you didn't know it would effect Irish like it did?

11 minutes ago, Shade939 said:

But I suppose the real question is does your ability contradict Louis's role block ability, or you didn't know it would effect Irish like it did?

Does not directly contradict Louis's claimed ability, no. Not sure what that last part of the question means.

It specifically says jailed. So I assume jailed. And yeah, Shade, that's what I meant.

Chop, what? I didn't see Cat5 claim to be the jailor. I initially thought scum jailed me because after I read that there'd be vanilla roles in the rules, I assumed the game wouldn't be power heavy, maybe 3 or 4 powered town, a few items, and 2 scum. And since I was jailed and there was no nightkill, it was either someone who tried to nightkill me while I was in jail or the jailor themselves who went for nk feint. But I figured the odds of scum trying to kill me while I'm incidentally in jail would be lower than scum being the jailor. But now idk about my thoughts on the setup seeing as there's both a jailor and a roleblocker.

6 hours ago, ChopBam said:

To try, and fail, to get himself out of the spotlight.

I'm always in the spotlight. So much in fact it seems Shade got jealous of it and wanted to be on the other side of it. Unfortunately I don't have time to catch up properly because I've gotta get to work (longer commute now), but I will say that my role and action last night are both fairly simple and given the way Shade is controlling the day and making "predictions" I'm starting to wonder if he deliberately chose a no-kill.

5 hours ago, Shade939 said:

59 minutes ago, Jeod said:

I'm always in the spotlight. So much in fact it seems Shade got jealous of it and wanted to be on the other side of it. Unfortunately I don't have time to catch up properly because I've gotta get to work (longer commute now), but I will say that my role and action last night are both fairly simple and given the way Shade is controlling the day and making "predictions" I'm starting to wonder if he deliberately chose a no-kill.

Something weird is going on here... I believe I have a similar ability as Cat5.

On 5/8/2022 at 12:12 PM, Shade939 said:

I'm actually an Atomic Bomb that kills everyone in game if I'm lynched. ;)

So mafia have to NK me if they actually want to win.

This.

Irish and Jeod are both showing big red flags at to me at the moment, but it also doesn't sit right that we'd essentially have two role blockers in the game.

7 hours ago, TheIrishman said:

Chop, what? I didn't see Cat5 claim to be the jailor. I initially thought scum jailed me because after I read that there'd be vanilla roles in the rules, I assumed the game wouldn't be power heavy, maybe 3 or 4 powered town, a few items, and 2 scum. And since I was jailed and there was no nightkill, it was either someone who tried to nightkill me while I was in jail or the jailor themselves who went for nk feint. But I figured the odds of scum trying to kill me while I'm incidentally in jail would be lower than scum being the jailor. But now idk about my thoughts on the setup seeing as there's both a jailor and a roleblocker.

Maybe I'm misreading something but I am just as confused by your logic as I was before.

@ ChopBam  I don’t have dune knowledge so apologies if this would have been more helpful sooner. I’m a smuggler, my role has to do with items. I tried to pass the one I started with to Shade in exchange for what I believed he would be carrying.

Not a Fremen. Smugglers fall under Atreides, but boy does my role seem weird for being town. Hope that sheds some light for you.

1 hour ago, Jeod said:

@ ChopBam  I don’t have dune knowledge so apologies if this would have been more helpful sooner. I’m a smuggler, my role has to do with items. I tried to pass the one I started with to Shade in exchange for what I believed he would be carrying.

Not a Fremen. Smugglers fall under Atreides, but boy does my role seem weird for being town. Hope that sheds some light for you.

Just a hint Jeod, but vanilla roles don't have items.

6 minutes ago, Shade939 said:

Just a hint Jeod, but vanilla roles don't have items.

You wifom’d a potential bulletproof item. Naturally it would be more useful in my possession.

5 minutes ago, Shade939 said:

Why yes, for you it would be, because you'd be a mafia item thief.

You just keep on telling yourself I’m scum no matter what. I’m curious about this double-roleblocker thing going on, but haven’t been able to read through it at my own pace yet.

4 minutes ago, Jeod said:

You just keep on telling yourself I’m scum no matter what. I’m curious about this double-roleblocker thing going on, but haven’t been able to read through it at my own pace yet.

I'm assuming Category 5 will be forced to reveal his ability and it'll probably match up with my expectations exactly for it based on the settings.

That's why I'm comfortable with ignoring it.

So, Louis blocked me, and my PM says I attempted to pass my item. Irish was blocked, specifically jailed, and Cat5 either did the jailing (as chopbam assumes) or did something else to do with irish. Is that the gist of it?

Just now, Jeod said:

So, Louis blocked me, and my PM says I attempted to pass my item. Irish was blocked, specifically jailed, and Cat5 either did the jailing (as chopbam assumes) or did something else to do with irish. Is that the gist of it?

Yep, and there was no NK.

Just now, Shade939 said:

Yep, and there was no NK.

Correct. Now there are three reasons I gather that we lack a nk:

1. The killer was roleblocked/jailed

2. The kill target was protected (by being blocked/jailed)

3. There was deliberately no kill target

@ Louis  Shade will just guess anyway, since I’m fairly certain now that he’s scum, so I’ll go ahead and publicly state that my PM does say I was jailed.

We may have a mirror match, but I’m not going to rule out Atreides having two jailers. It’s clearly capable of causing enough confusion.

48 minutes ago, Jeod said:

Correct. Now there are three reasons I gather that we lack a nk:

1. The killer was roleblocked/jailed

2. The kill target was protected (by being blocked/jailed)

3. There was deliberately no kill target

@ Louis  Shade will just guess anyway, since I’m fairly certain now that he’s scum, so I’ll go ahead and publicly state that my PM does say I was jailed.

We may have a mirror match, but I’m not going to rule out Atreides having two jailers. It’s clearly capable of causing enough confusion.

That's why I'm confused, I have to ability to put someone in jail also, so Cat5 coming out saying he's also a jailer makes him look scummy.

It warrants some suspicion sure, but it’s not like he’s made a false claim. In fact, he hasn’t claimed anything and we’re currently only assuming he is the other jailer.

Jailers are protection roles with the drawback of blocking whoever they protect. Not usually a scum role over say, just a roleblocker.

13 minutes ago, Louis said:

That's why I'm confused, I have to ability to put someone in jail also, so Cat5 coming out saying he's also a jailer makes him look scummy.

Are you a jailer or are you a roleblocker? Those are not the same thing, do you also protect your target or do you just prevent them from performing any actions?