[GAME OVER- ATREIDES VICTORY] Battle for Dune Mafia 1

Killing_You
Message added by Jeod,

1 minute ago, Category 5 Hurricane said:

The PM you receive will assume that you targeted the person you think you targeted. The GM can't confirm who you actually targeted.

Louis has also contradicted this. So now you and Louis have two points of contradiction with each other.

1. The PM stating the name of the target (Louis says Jeod was named), versus just "target" without naming who the target was (Cat5 says the GM can't confirm).
  2. Louis says she targeted Jeod specifically, and Cat5 says she targeted Irishman specifically.

Ok, I'll go into GM mode to explain this.

Say Louis sends her action to target Jeod. So her character leaves her house and goes to where she thinks Jeod's house is, and takes away the person in the house. What happens if the person that was in that house, was not Jeod? Would she technically know that?

Just now, Category 5 Hurricane said:

Ok, I'll go into GM mode to explain this.

Say Louis sends her action to target Jeod. So her character leaves her house and goes to where she thinks Jeod's house is, and takes away the person in the house. What happens if the person that was in that house, was not Jeod? Would she technically know that?

I know this, and is the reason I asked her this specific question. Contrary to my expectation she doubled down and said it was confirmed to be Jeod. 🤷‍♀️

2 minutes ago, Louis said:

But all I know is that I targeted him. I do not know if it was redirected.

Ok, so it sounds like you are changing your answer to my question.

19 minutes ago, ChopBam said:

You were told specifically that you detained Jeod? Not just "target" or whatever?

16 minutes ago, Louis said:

Yes, specifically.

So instead of "yes, specifically." You meant "[no,] I targeted Jeod in my action but it could have been redirected."

Target was TheIrishman and Jeod. They switched places.

Okay, I can see where your point makes sense now and how if I did instead block Irish then the possibility is that I blocked him from doing a nk and not Jeod. 

But that also doesn't explain how fishy Jeod is being. 

Just now, Louis said:

Okay, I can see where your point makes sense now and how if I did instead block Irish then the possibility is that I blocked him from doing a nk and not Jeod. 

He could be partnered with Irish for a simple answer.

1 minute ago, ChopBam said:

Ok, so it sounds like you are changing your answer to my question.

So instead of "yes, specifically." You meant "[no,] I targeted Jeod in my action but it could have been redirected."

There was no way of me knowing if they were switched, I was sure that I targeted Jeod, but after hearing what Cat5 is saying, nothing makes sense now.

2 minutes ago, Louis said:

Glad to see you're on the same page as the rest of us now. :D

Wording is important, especially in answering clarifying questions.

Eh, it's part of the confusing rules, having to remember that sometimes, GM confirmed information isn't actually true.

I suppose it is possible that the GM actually used Jeod's name in the message receipt. It'd just be confusing, which I suppose lends credence to Louis' confusion. I am used to Verti60 games where he just says "target" and I have no idea who the actual target is, if there is a bussing action.

16 minutes ago, Category 5 Hurricane said:

I want to pressure him to talk, at least. Vote may come down to who we can agree on.

The reasonable question I would ask, is who can be partnered with Jeod?

Asking who could be partnered with Irish doesn't really have as many possibilities.

22 minutes ago, Category 5 Hurricane said:

I'm waiting for TheIrishman to start talking, because there is actually still more possibilities as far as what actually happened last night.

Well, I'm as convinced of Jeod being mafia as I can really get. 

18 minutes ago, Category 5 Hurricane said:

I mean, I don't think it's a bad read. Just don't make the mistake of getting so zeroed in on one target that you can't accept other possibilities.

I'm pretty certain this is the situation where you actually do need to zero in on the target and actually eliminate them though.

And the alternative situations are pretty far fetched, for example, my most likely worry would be that you're a mafia role, and I'm completely wrong about your role.

7 hours ago, Category 5 Hurricane said:

I know why TheIrishman admitted to it, I pushed him to do so. He probably wouldn't have otherwise.

I'm mostly busy until 2 or 3 am and just partially read through while watching tv or playing games with friends.

So Cat's a bus driver and redirected me and Jeod, thereby swapping everyone targeting me to Jeod and everyone targeting Jeod to me. How was Jeod jailed too? Copycat ability? But then they would've had to coincidentally target Louis and then me. Unlikely. As for 2 jailors, I doubt there'd be two in a game this small, but I'll get back to it. Now if he wasn't jailed, why would he lie and claim to be roleblocked and then change to being jailed? Because his nightkill failed, so he claimed to be roleblocked and later changed it to jailed after finding out Louis said she targeted him as a jailor. But how did his nk fail? Because he targeted me and then it was swapped back to himself. Why would he not die? Mostly likely one scum member would have a type of BP if there's a town bus driver in the game. Why would he think of a bus driver right away? Because his BP got used up. And why would he initially lie and say he was roleblocked if he knew he got redirected? Because he knew his ability was used on himself, but he can't properly explain away knowing he targeted himself with a NK. 

If he's telling the truth and there are 2 jailors, then Louis targeted Jeod and the other Jailor targeted me. With that the only reasons for no nightkill would be that it was protected or blocked (unless scum actually chose to do no NK which would be crazy). So the NK targets would've been either me or Jeod, but that's way too many people to only pick me and Jeod. Cat5, Louis, Other Jailor, and scum. 5 is too much. Although if scum can NK and use an action, then it's still a minimum of 4 people targeting me and Jeod. I don't believe the odds.

So if scum didn't attack Jeod or me, then they must've been roleblocked. Seeing as Jeod claims to be roleblock/jailed and I'm town, it must be him. 

So yeah, I'm feeling Jeod is scum.

This is all under the assumption the NK wasn't blocked by a doctor or some other means.

Cat5, were you waiting for me to type this out on my phone? I'm sorry for the strenuous wait.