[GAME OVER- ATREIDES VICTORY] Battle for Dune Mafia 1

Killing_You
Message added by Jeod,

7 minutes ago, TheIrishman said:

##vote Jeod

I assumed self defense jailor because you said you were jailed. Now you're back tracking and saying you were roleblocked instead?... Jeod I'm leaning way more on you being scum.

If you're not going to take the time to read anything then don't play. I haven't backtracked a thing. Even as scum I'd expect you to at least read.

Just now, Jeod said:

If you're not going to take the time to read anything then don't play. I haven't backtracked a thing. Even as scum I'd expect you to at least read.

I'm pretty confident I caught up on my break. Thanks. And the info you've revealed about your role makes me more certain you're scum.

Yeah, I'm not convinced. 

This has to be a short post as I'm at work, but Jeod's story doesn't make sense to me. I still think he is lying about something, but I don't understand why he's using the story he has. I guess we'll have to check TheIrishman after this.

##vote Jeod

Just now, Jeod said:

No point in hosting or playing mafia games anymore I see.

I'm okay with being jailed again or some kind of stipulation if you actually turn out to be Town. But I really don't see that as being likely. Sorry that it affects your feelings towards the game itself.

Just now, TheIrishman said:

I'm okay with being jailed again or some kind of stipulation if you actually turn out to be Town. But I really don't see that as being likely. Sorry that it affects your feelings towards the game itself.

I'm not mad at being voted, I'm upset that I've wasted a good part of my day playing with shade the punching bag and participating. If nobody else is going to have time for it, what's the point in putting forth the effort.

I mean step back and look at it in a general sense. If I flip scum, coasters are just going to give themselves pats on the back and convince themselves that they mattered and weren't just votes. If I flip town, coasters are just going to shrug it off and move on. My participation in this feels abused no matter how it's looked at.

Even worse is that when I do flip town my contributions won't even be looked at. These players all have a track record this game of selective quoting and casting weak votes.

Just now, Jeod said:

Even worse is that when I do flip town my contributions won't even be looked at. These players all have a track record this game of selective quoting and casting weak votes.

How many of your contributions haven't been directed at calling me scum?

From another point of view @ Jeod , we know you're Scum, and your arguments to convince us otherwise have all failed and actually convinced us even more that we should vote you up.

As much as you might try to convince us with effort, you do need to put forth better arguments, rather than trying to goad other players into distracting Town from you.

NIGHT TWO

zrIPRA9.jpg

As the day draws to a close, you decide to execute Jeod under suspicion of being a Harkonnen spy. After a quick search of his belongings...

You find that he was Bifar Skarsgard, a Harkonnen Engineer!

You also find the following items:
-Technology Scrambler
-Hunter-Seeker Drone

Relieved to have found a Harkonnen spy, you retire for the night. But there may be more Harkonnen spies out there...

Day Three begins in 24 hours.

FINAL VOTE COUNT

PLAYER VOTE
Jeod TheIrishMan
Category 5 Hurricane Jeod
Shade939 Jeod
FRAYDO Jeod
ChopBam Jeod
Retaliation  
Louis TheIrishman
TheIrishMan Jeod

Lead vote: Jeod (5)

I'm assuming that everyone basically agrees that there's only Harkonnen agent remaining, so Louis is going to roleblock Irish, Category 5 will do whatever it is he does.

And we'll probably just lynch Irish in the morning.

4 hours ago, Jeod said:

No point in hosting or playing mafia games anymore I see.

4 hours ago, Jeod said:

I'm not mad at being voted, I'm upset that I've wasted a good part of my day playing with shade the punching bag and participating. If nobody else is going to have time for it, what's the point in putting forth the effort.

4 hours ago, Jeod said:

I mean step back and look at it in a general sense. If I flip scum, coasters are just going to give themselves pats on the back and convince themselves that they mattered and weren't just votes. If I flip town, coasters are just going to shrug it off and move on. My participation in this feels abused no matter how it's looked at.

4 hours ago, Jeod said:

4 hours ago, Jeod said:

Don't @ me in this thread.

Can't tell if Jeod was just being in character for all of this or if he's actually being genuinely upset in the parts that claim "no point in playing or hosting," "wasting a good part of the day," and "participation abuse."

15 minutes ago, ChopBam said:

Can't tell if Jeod was just being in character for all of this or if he's actually being genuinely upset in the parts that claim "no point in playing or hosting," "wasting a good part of the day," and "participation abuse."

There are a couple of reasons why players like playing these types of games, Jeod likes the manipulation elements and back and forward communications, but he got caught in a situation where it was a question of actions and abilities, and so he couldn't use his preferred style of play.

It's also just a rough situation for Mafia to be in, since they generally can't get out of it no matter what they try to do. The entire game basically ended as soon as there wasn't a NK, and the entire game basically got railroaded into a specific script.

1 hour ago, Shade939 said:

There are a couple of reasons why players like playing these types of games, Jeod likes the manipulation elements and back and forward communications, but he got caught in a situation where it was a question of actions and abilities, and so he couldn't use his preferred style of play.

It's also just a rough situation for Mafia to be in, since they generally can't get out of it no matter what they try to do. The entire game basically ended as soon as there wasn't a NK, and the entire game basically got railroaded into a specific script.

The really confusing part to me is that Jeod walked himself into this by claiming he was jailed, when he almost certainly wasn't. Even if he actually was, he never had to admit to it. He could have stayed quiet and not gotten nearly as much suspicion as he did. This had to be an attempt to cover for something.

I don't quite have the answer for the late Bifar Skarsgard as to who his partner may have been, but I like to think our remaining scum suspect has been narrowed significantly with today's reveal. I also think it likely we'll all be here tomorrow, so see you all then!

FRAYDO and Louis are basically clear in my book. FRAYDO's thorough analysis was a defining piece in nailing Jeod. Louis targeted Jeod with a jailing ability so she's obviously town. Shade is most likely town too because I just couldn't see Jeod and Shade arguing with each other quite like that while still working together. The only way I could see Cat5 as scum would be if he targeted Jeod and me to protect Jeod from investigative roles. But that doesn't explain the nk failing unless cat5 targeted Jeod to kill me or Jeod targeted himself. Meh, it'd be a clever way to throw people off their trail but if that's the case it doesn't make sense for Jeod to claim to be roleblocked when he'd know of Cat5's ability, therefore he'd know that Louis was redirected to me instead. So Cat's probably Town too.

I realize I'm a bit suspicious since I feel lucky Jeod claimed to be roleblocked. But now there's probably 6 town to 1 scum so I'm fine being jailed. I was initially mad that I was jailed since I wanted to learn more info and felt wasted and immediately suspected it was gonna be used as a ploy which was gonna end up with me being D2 lynched since a jailed player with no nightkill is the most suspicious. An idea for Cat5 would be to target Louis so that our jailor can safely get through the night. I'm assuming whoever is scum would prefer to kill her and blame it on me as it'd be an easy lynch. 

After rereading Louis and Jeod's interaction one more time, I'm pretty sure his nightkill failed from him targeting me and it being reflected backed to himself and was voided. Him confirming he was roleblocked and then jailed is a clear sign he was adapting to the moment since he knew that his NK failed but maybe it didn't say why and he didn't know how to describe it without making it obvious. 

By process of elimination, Retaliation or ChopBam are my main suspects.

8 hours ago, ChopBam said:

I'm gonna go metaposting here for a moment. I understand that changing anyone's mind was a slim chance, but that was all genuine. Maybe it really was that folks had their minds set in stone and couldn't be persuaded, but then again most of the players here have had issues with participation in the past. That's why we started a participation/post count rule, and why we ended up having more CYOR games than anything else--because if there were no vanilla roles then everyone would have a reason to participate.

Seeing this continue after months of no mafia games at all though, that's telling me that it's not about having abilities. It's about passion for the game. Mafia is, in the end, a game of words, conversation, and deduction. There's a reason we have "famous names" in mafia here--Jeod, Category 5, OrangeP47, Shade939, etc. It's because those names are generally the most passionate about the heart of the game. Now what do you think might happen when a passionate player puts forth such effort only to be met with apathy? It's contagious and demoralizing. I'd hoped for better after months of silence.

2 minutes ago, Jeod said:

I'm gonna go metaposting here for a moment. I understand that changing anyone's mind was a slim chance, but that was all genuine. Maybe it really was that folks had their minds set in stone and couldn't be persuaded, but then again most of the players here have had issues with participation in the past. That's why we started a participation/post count rule, and why we ended up having more CYOR games than anything else--because if there were no vanilla roles then everyone would have a reason to participate.

Seeing this continue after months of no mafia games at all though, that's telling me that it's not about having abilities. It's about passion for the game. Mafia is, in the end, a game of words, conversation, and deduction. There's a reason we have "famous names" in mafia here--Jeod, Category 5, OrangeP47, Shade939, etc. It's because those names are generally the most passionate about the heart of the game. Now what do you think might happen when a passionate player puts forth such effort only to be met with apathy? It's contagious and demoralizing. I'd hoped for better after months of silence.

Sorry, I wasn't gonna be convinced no matter what because if you were telling the truth about being blocked, it meant two people were blocked and I know I'm town, so it practically had to be you. Everything else was just was just added kindling.

I'm not trying to coast or be silent, I'm just mostly active around midnight to 7am which is a pretty quiet time unless I want to talk to myself a bunch. And I tend to get a good portion of my thoughts into one big post unless I'm answering questions, trying to joke, or prodding for some type of info. As for passion? Kinda, but mostly because my favorite mafia game is a CYOR type with 10 players minimum. Things usually get wild and pretty fun then because there's so many possibilities, you never know what to expect. And I'll be up for more games into the forseeable future. 

1 hour ago, TheIrishman said:

By process of elimination, Retaliation or ChopBam are my main suspects.

Yeah buddy I just spent the whole game bussing my partner. :raise:

39 minutes ago, Jeod said:

It was so outlandish (and mixed with desperate town claims) that I just wasn't sure. Thanks for clarifying.