[GAME OVER- ATREIDES VICTORY] Battle for Dune Mafia 1

Killing_You
Message added by Jeod,

1 hour ago, TheIrishman said:

Well I wasn't jailed last night. I visited ChopBam and can confirm he's town so Retaliation must be scum. Probably should've picked Retal in hindsight but it works. From my PM, it sounds like I left you my item but I'm not sure as it was a one time use. I wonder what prevented the nk this time.

The jail claim seems to match up with Louis' later statement. I would suspect ChopBam as Jeod's scum partner but Irish here is confirming him as Town. My suspicion of him was based on not believing his vanilla claim. However, this may clear ChopBam.

46 minutes ago, Louis said:

Last night I was walking out on patrol, I caught Retaliation out and put him in jail. Then someone tried to attack me, although, unknown to them I decided to wear my rusty shield. In which case protected me and I left with my life.

Seeing that Retaliation was jailed yet there was still an attempt on Louis' life, I believe we can rule out Retaliation as scum.

Scum suspects at this time:

Irishman - "Confirming" ChopBam as Town and supposedly left an item for him at the same time.
Category5 - No report as of yet.

Anyone else having trouble posting on the forums? I'm logged in on this current page but when I visit the other pages in this thread I get logged out. I noticed it when I was quoting the posts above.

4 minutes ago, FRAYDO said:

The jail claim seems to match up with Louis' later statement. I would suspect ChopBam as Jeod's scum partner but Irish here is confirming him as Town. My suspicion of him was based on not believing his vanilla claim. However, this may clear ChopBam.

Seeing that Retaliation was jailed yet there was still an attempt on Louis' life, I believe we can rule out Retaliation as scum.

Scum suspects at this time:

Irishman - "Confirming" ChopBam as Town and supposedly left an item for him at the same time.
Category5 - No report as of yet.

Yep, that's my assessment of who it's between also.

Most of yesterdays confusion was due to Category 5 ability.

Which Irish confirmed he was role blocked and placed in jail.

Jeod is the actual one who said Category 5 was a bus driver, and then Category 5 went along with it.

One investigative role and one protective role is what I was expecting this game.

That's Irish and Louis, since Category 5 is another power role, that also makes him the odd player out, especially since he's going with a bus driver claim.

Now there is one situation where it would kind of make sense, but I'll let Category 5 role claim to support that theory or not.

I'm not sure I'm comfortable yet with a vote on Category5.

18 minutes ago, Shade939 said:

Jeod is the actual one who said Category 5 was a bus driver, and then Category 5 went along with it.

Seeing the order of events, this is true.

On 5/10/2022 at 6:26 PM, Jeod said:

@ Category 5 Hurricane  Who we’re your bus targets again?

On 5/10/2022 at 6:28 PM, Jeod said:

Never mind it was me and Irish. So in the end I still ended up visiting shade.

On 5/10/2022 at 6:35 PM, Category 5 Hurricane said:

Wanna tell me how you worked that out?

Of course, this came with suspicion as to how Jeod found that out.

This brings me back to Irish supposedly being that investigate role that you believe him to be, Shade.

On 5/10/2022 at 8:49 PM, Category 5 Hurricane said:

Target was TheIrishman and Jeod. They switched places.

Soon afterward though, Category 5 did go ahead and roll with it. I wonder if he was lying after all, but as Town!Category 5 this could have been to goad mafia into killing him rather than our claimed Jailer.

If Irish is indeed that investigative role, this may explain Jeod's knowledge other than him piecing it together himself. I wouldn't think Jeod would carelessly slip like that.

Another point (and emphasized) -- I don't see a Scum!Category 5 bussing one of his own Scum teammates.

On 5/10/2022 at 7:47 PM, Category 5 Hurricane said:

Yeah, I'd really like TheIrishman to get in here and talk. Jeod's baffling blabbering is becoming bothersome. As far as I'm concerned, if the NK was stopped by something, TheIrishman is suspect #1.

The whole discussion revolving around Jeod and his story constantly changing was something we did nail. Being the vocal person that he is, it did generate a feeling that Category 5 was able to put into words for me.

On 5/10/2022 at 7:48 PM, Category 5 Hurricane said:

It's almost like Jeod is trying to get lynched instead of TheIrishman.

Additionally, we have today's confusion around Irish's claimed nightly activities.

1 hour ago, TheIrishman said:

I visited ChopBam and can confirm he's town so Retaliation must be scum. From my PM, it sounds like I left you my item but I'm not sure as it was a one time use. I wonder what prevented the nk this time.

1 hour ago, ChopBam said:

Left me an item? I don't think I received anything..

Seeing as we are lacking confirmation from ChopBam on this, this does not confidently place Irish as visiting Chop after all. If anything, this may be his best alibi given the circumstances.

You may keep your vote on Category 5, Shade, as I would like to hear him speak up and report. I will be sticking to Irishman myself.

##vote TheIrishman

If cat5 is scum, it would've required Jeod to target himself as the nightkill, have it swapped with me and had the NK fail and Jeod claimed RB in confusion. Feels a bit forced because I don't think Jeod would've slipped so easily and I would've been an easy push. But yeah, Cat5's claim might help. He'll be on in an hour or two. 

FRAYDO, I didn't leave an item, it was just flavor. And my investigative role didn't find out anything N1 because I was jailed.

7 minutes ago, TheIrishman said:

I'd say the violent outburst from Cat5 against Jeod being jailed made me think he was telling the truth about his ability because I was jailed too and 2 jailors seems to be too much.

I think that was about Jeod saying he was jailed to be precise.

30 minutes ago, FRAYDO said:

Seeing as we are lacking confirmation from ChopBam on this, this does not confidently place Irish as visiting Chop after all. If anything, this may be his best alibi given the circumstances.

2 hours ago, TheIrishman said:

I've just been informed that leaving it in your room was just flavor, which makes sense since it was a one time item.

Here's the clarification this at least by the way.

On 5/11/2022 at 6:39 AM, Jeod said:

I find it hard to believe there are two jailers in the setup at this point. I'm going to go through the thread again today and collectively summarize what narrowed me down to Shade being scum, as well as why TheIrishMan is probably his partner.

On 5/10/2022 at 11:06 AM, Jeod said:

Correct. Now there are three reasons I gather that we lack a nk:

1. The killer was roleblocked/jailed

2. The kill target was protected (by being blocked/jailed)

3. There was deliberately no kill target

@ Louis  Shade will just guess anyway, since I’m fairly certain now that he’s scum, so I’ll go ahead and publicly state that my PM does say I was jailed.

We may have a mirror match, but I’m not going to rule out Atreides having two jailers. It’s clearly capable of causing enough confusion.

Oh yeah, here's a interesting post from Jeod about two Jailers, and one where he even puts me and TheIrishMan on the same Scum team.

Now, I don't recall him accusing Category 5 Hurricane over the course of this entire game though?

38 minutes ago, TheIrishman said:

If cat5 is scum, it would've required Jeod to target himself as the nightkill, have it swapped with me and had the NK fail and Jeod claimed RB in confusion. Feels a bit forced because I don't think Jeod would've slipped so easily and I would've been an easy push. But yeah, Cat5's claim might help. He'll be on in an hour or two.

Seems too convoluted for my liking. A self-target NK to be swapped, only for this plan to fail because you were jailed and therefore protected.

38 minutes ago, TheIrishman said:

FRAYDO, I didn't leave an item, it was just flavor. And my investigative role didn't find out anything N1 because I was jailed.

Noted.

9 minutes ago, Shade939 said:

Now, I don't recall him accusing Category 5 Hurricane over the course of this entire game though?

Re-reading, it appears Jeod has been careful not to do so. This isn't mutual though.

On 5/10/2022 at 6:15 PM, Category 5 Hurricane said:

Assuming Louis's role claim is real, TheIrishman was jailed. That does not make him town. Actually it makes him suspect #1.

Category 5 had accused Irish of being suspect #1.

On 5/10/2022 at 6:17 PM, Category 5 Hurricane said:

I don't know what the hell is going on with Jeod. I think he's suspect #2, because what he is saying does not match up.

And we know that suspect #2 was right on the money with Jeod's reveal.

On 5/11/2022 at 5:04 PM, Killing_You said:

FINAL VOTE COUNT

PLAYER VOTE
Jeod TheIrishMan
Category 5 Hurricane Jeod
Shade939 Jeod
FRAYDO Jeod
ChopBam Jeod
Retaliation  
Louis TheIrishman
TheIrishMan Jeod

Lead vote: Jeod (5)

At the end of the day too, Category 5 left his vote on Jeod. A Jeod-Category 5 scum team would likely have played this better and got the vote pushed onto Irish instead. We could always look back into this final CVC and see if there's something new we can learn or something that we may have missed earlier.

15 minutes ago, FRAYDO said:

At the end of the day too, Category 5 left his vote on Jeod. A Jeod-Category 5 scum team would likely have played this better and got the vote pushed onto Irish instead. We could always look back into this final CVC and see if there's something new we can learn or something that we may have missed earlier.

it didn't matter what Category 5 voted there, we had four votes on Jeod including Irish, and Retaliation didn't look like he was going to show up to vote. Here's the time stamp for his vote.

On 5/11/2022 at 4:21 PM, Category 5 Hurricane said:

Yeah, I'm not convinced. 

This has to be a short post as I'm at work, but Jeod's story doesn't make sense to me. I still think he is lying about something, but I don't understand why he's using the story he has. I guess we'll have to check TheIrishman after this.

##vote Jeod

24 minutes ago, Shade939 said:

it didn't matter what Category 5 voted there, we had four votes on Jeod including Irish, and Retaliation didn't look like he was going to show up to vote. Here's the time stamp for his vote.

I'll forgive the rest of this case, because it's fair to consider alternatives, but please consider that the timing of the vote might have to do with when I'm sleeping and when I'm at work. I slept on the case, went to work, and then finally voted when I was on break and had to make a decision between going for the logical case on TheIrishman or the behaviorial case on Jeod. Voting isn't a race. I generally only vote when I have to, or there is no uncertainty in my case.

Just now, Category 5 Hurricane said:

I'll forgive the rest of this case, because it's fair to consider alternatives, but please consider that the timing of the vote might have to do with when I'm sleeping and when I'm at work. I slept on the case, went to work, and then finally voted when I was on break and had to make a decision between going for the logical case on TheIrishman or the behaviorial case on Jeod. Voting isn't a race. I generally only vote when I have to, or there is no uncertainty in my case.

My main complaint, is FRAYDO arguing that vote distances you from Jeod, which it did not for the reasons I specified.

On a more important note, could I get a full role claim from you?

Just now, Shade939 said:

My main complaint, is FRAYDO arguing that vote distances you from Jeod, which it did not for the reasons I specified.

On a more important note, could I get a full role claim from you?

No, you aren't getting more details about my role. I just stated I'm not listing my limitations.

1 minute ago, Category 5 Hurricane said:

You have a severe lack of imagination. 

There isn't anybody I see that can be absolutely ruled out, just on a logical case. This isn't a open setup, you do not know what is possible.

We know Jeod was scum, based on everything else that happens, the most only players you can accuse are you and Irish.

Irish is clearing Chopbam, Louis is clearing Retaliation, Me and Fraydo were the first two players to vote for Jeod yesterday and kept our votes there the entire time. Louis role blocked Jeod.

19 minutes ago, Category 5 Hurricane said:

My report is that I didn't swap anybody. I don't really want to give away my limitations, but I'll just say I can't do that every night.

@ Louis  Very surprising that you blocked Retaliation instead of TheIrishman. 

Also, an obvious point to bring up in response to this is did you not perform your action because you had to make the NK instead now?

6 minutes ago, Shade939 said:

Also, an obvious point to bring up in response to this is did you not perform your action because you had to make the NK instead now?

Sure, that's possible, assuming mafia can't use it's abilities and kill at the same time. It's also possible that literally anybody else did it, including Retaliation, if he has a way to bypass a roleblock. It's also possible that Louis is lying about being attacked.

Having been last to report, I also could have said anything else, if I wanted to lie about it.