[GAME OVER- ATREIDES VICTORY] Battle for Dune Mafia 1

Killing_You
Message added by Jeod,

13 minutes ago, Shade939 said:

We know Jeod was scum, based on everything else that happens, the most only players you can accuse are you and Irish.

Irish is clearing Chopbam, Louis is clearing Retaliation, Me and Fraydo were the first two players to vote for Jeod yesterday and kept our votes there the entire time. Louis role blocked Jeod.

Irish isn't cleared himself, so why are you taking his word as golden? Louis is clearing Retaliation, but there are roles that allow unstoppable kills, so she could jail him and still get attacked by him. There are also roles that activate passively, though I guess whether a jailor would bypass those things would depend on the GM.

4 minutes ago, Category 5 Hurricane said:

Irish isn't cleared himself, so why are you taking his word as golden? Louis is clearing Retaliation, but there are roles that allow unstoppable kills, so she could jail him and still get attacked by him. There are also roles that activate passively, though I guess whether a jailor would bypass those things would depend on the GM.

Irish must be telling the truth if there is one Scum role in game. He even used his starting item to make full use of his ability. Jeod's primary attribute was the three items he had, each one when activated would should allow him to counter an ability, since each one has to give him a limited passive.

2 minutes ago, Category 5 Hurricane said:

And then as far as anyone else that eventually cased and voted for Jeod, if Jeod felt he was going down for some reason, any teammate could be directed to turn on him for town cred. That fairly applies to me, but at the same time it applies to anyone else.

It's a matter of timing as you know, the earlier a vote on Jeod shows up the harder it is to justify them being his partner, since those votes are more likely to result in getting him lynched than later bandwagon votes.

On 5/11/2022 at 5:04 PM, Killing_You said:

You find that he was Bifar Skarsgard, a Harkonnen Engineer!

You also find the following items:
-Technology Scrambler
-Hunter-Seeker Drone

Here is Jeod's role and his listed items, two items for two abilities, not three as I said earlier.

You can actually figure out quite a few things about what Town roles are in game by comparing the role that is meant to counter them.

Just now, Shade939 said:

Here is Jeod's role and his listed items, two items for two abilities, not three as I said earlier.

You can actually figure out quite a few things about what Town roles are in game by comparing the role that is meant to counter them.

Why don't you tell me what they are, then?

Just now, Category 5 Hurricane said:

Why don't you tell me what they are, then?

I told you earlier about the Hunter Seeker Drones, they're literally assassination drones. I would assume they would bypass a role block, as you could use it while in jail.

The technology scramble, somebody with an actual ability can figure out if it counters it or not.

8 minutes ago, Shade939 said:

Irish must be telling the truth if there is one Scum role in game. He even used his starting item to make full use of his ability. Jeod's primary attribute was the three items he had, each one when activated would should allow him to counter an ability, since each one has to give him a limited passive.

I have no idea what you are talking about with regards to this.

2 minutes ago, Category 5 Hurricane said:

I have no idea what you are talking about with regards to this.

Mostly how Irish stating Chopbam is Town must be true, since Chopbam shouldn't be capable of fooling Irish's action based on the extra item used.

Just now, Shade939 said:

Mostly how Irish stating Chopbam is Town must be true, since Chopbam shouldn't be capable of fooling Irish's action based on the extra item used.

And the assumption that at most one of them can be scum.

1 minute ago, Category 5 Hurricane said:

What makes you sure the extra item exists or that TheIrishman did what he said?

If irish is lieing and is Scum, then that means Chopbam cannot be the last scum player.

1 minute ago, Category 5 Hurricane said:

How do you know anything about what Chopbam can and can't do?

If Chopbam is Scum, then Irish is Town with an investigative ability, he used his item to help out with his ability to find Scum. That would suggest it would counter anything Chopbam could do.

Mafia obviously tried to NK Louis last night to eliminate her role block ability, and she very wisely activated her shield.

That would be fine, except for she really did the unexpected and went for Retaliation of all players, allowing Irish to investigate the next most suspicious players other than Category 5?

I kinda washed over this claim of an item from TheIrishman because of how it couldn't be proven to exist. Let me take a closer look at it.

You can ignore that, flavor text mistake.

4 minutes ago, Category 5 Hurricane said:

You said that TheIrishman's item detects things that could be used for Shields? Like what may have happened with Louis?

Yep, although, you know what Louis doesn't have any longer, a shield since she used it up already.

5 minutes ago, Category 5 Hurricane said:

You said that TheIrishman's item detects things that could be used for Shields? Like what may have happened with Louis?

To be frank, that's one of those weird claim that sounds like it just might actually be true. I'd consider it to be a really good ability claim at the very least.

On 4/24/2022 at 8:34 PM, Killing_You said:

Previous Mafia games have also featured Items. They will make a return in this game, but with a twist. Rather than having a seperate action, they will provide passives when activated. All items can be activated alongside an action, but will expire after a single use. They will also be available to pass around.

This part here of the OP.

3 minutes ago, Category 5 Hurricane said:

I guess I was going to counter that you don't even know it was really an item, but I don't really want to dig in to whether Louis is killable or not.

Depends on who she role blocks. ;)

Also, I find it extremely difficult to picture Louis and Jeod being on the same team, so I can't really even entertain Louis being mafia.

From her viewpoint, she should have been claiming to role block Jeod when there was no NK at all.

2 minutes ago, Shade939 said:

Also, I find it extremely difficult to picture Louis and Jeod being on the same team, so I can't really even entertain Louis being mafia.

From her viewpoint, she should have been claiming to role block Jeod when there was no NK at all.

Hugh, nevermind, I can entertain Louis being mafia then...

Fairly easily then, Louis role blocks Jeod by targeting Irish.

Just now, Shade939 said:

Hugh, nevermind, I can entertain Louis being mafia then...

Fairly easily then, Louis role blocks Jeod by targeting Irish.

Sure, but we know TheIrishman was blocked, and because of Louis being presumed scum in this scenario, he would be town and not lying. There would have to be an alternate explanation for this to fit. Still not impossible, but requires a second unclaimed jailor. This second unclaimed jailor would be presumably town as well, and probably should be viewing Louis with suspicion.

No, I think the only way this works, is if Jeod was stopped from killing because of my swap, assumed he was actually blocked by Louis somehow, and suggested he be dumped for town cred.

Sure, but we know TheIrishman was blocked, and because of Louis being presumed scum in this scenario, he would be town and not lying. There would have to be an alternate explanation for this to fit. Still not impossible, but requires a second unclaimed jailor. This second unclaimed jailor would be presumably town as well, and probably should be viewing Louis with suspicion.

No, I think the only way this works, is if Jeod was stopped from killing because of my swap, assumed he was actually blocked by Louis somehow, and suggested he be dumped for town cred.

Good point, unfortunately, that is part of the reasoning why I suspect that you're Scum. And are really annoyed at Jeod as your partner and his claims.