[GAME OVER- ATREIDES VICTORY] Battle for Dune Mafia 1

Killing_You
Message added by Jeod,

@ Category 5 Hurricane , a likely scenario is you're a second jailer because of your ability, and jailed Irish also.

That would necessitate, either you outing yourself as a secondary jailer, or claiming to have redirected Louis's jail action to Irish to hide the fact that two players had really been jailed that night.

Just now, Shade939 said:

@ Category 5 Hurricane , a likely scenario is you're a second jailer because of your ability, and jailed Irish also.

That would necessitate, either you outing yourself as a secondary jailer, or claiming to have redirected Louis's jail action to Irish to hide the fact that two players had really been jailed that night.

And if that really happened, then why did Jeod continue to say he was jailed?

Just now, Category 5 Hurricane said:

And if that really happened, then why did Jeod continue to say he was jailed?

To get himself lynched perhaps, to avoid someone asking the question I'm basically asking now.

On 5/10/2022 at 7:48 PM, Category 5 Hurricane said:

It's almost like Jeod is trying to get lynched instead of TheIrishman.

Here's a relevant post about your reaction to Jeod's claims that does support my theory.

Just now, Shade939 said:

Here's a relevant post about your reaction to Jeod's claims that does support my theory.

In what world does a scum member trying to get himself lynched over a town player make sense? To distance himself from the scum member that he leaves alone? At the beginning of the game before anyone has died? It as least makes sense if TheIrishman is scum as well.

5 hours ago, Louis said:

The only people i can see not off the scum list is you or FRAYDO

FRAYDO made a decent, independent case against Jeod regarding his changing story.

4 hours ago, FRAYDO said:

Seeing as we are lacking confirmation from ChopBam on this, this does not confidently place Irish as visiting Chop after all. If anything, this may be his best alibi given the circumstances.

Just to double confirm that the item thing was flavor, I refreshed my PM and I definitely don't have an item.

4 hours ago, Shade939 said:

Wouldn't a simpler answer be Louis roleblcoked Jeod last night hence why the NK failed?

And perhaps Category 5 roleblcoked Irish instead somehow?

One question I actually have is whether Louis is sure she really successfully blocked Retaliation, or if her target got swapped to someone else again. Before anyone objects to Cat5's claims about limitations, we can, in Cat5's own words, use our imaginations. Such as, I don't know, not being able to both bus and attempt a nightkill on the same night. His public lampooning of Jeod does give me pause, however, although he was really trying to still prioritize Irish's lynch over Jeod's.

2 hours ago, Category 5 Hurricane said:

And then as far as anyone else that eventually cased and voted for Jeod, if Jeod felt he was going down for some reason, any teammate could be directed to turn on him for town cred. That fairly applies to me, but at the same time it applies to anyone else.

I don't think this scenario applies to Shade or myself, who were pretty much going for Jeod since the start.

Just now, ChopBam said:

One question I actually have is whether Louis is sure she really successfully blocked Retaliation, or if her target got swapped to someone else again. Before anyone objects to Cat5's claims about limitations, we can, in Cat5's own words, use our imaginations. Such as, I don't know, not being able to both bus and attempt a nightkill on the same night. His public lampooning of Jeod does give me pause, however, although he was really trying to still prioritize Irish's lynch over Jeod's.

Call this midnight brain, but I just realized I suggested two simultaneous, contradictory situations of Cat5. Independently though I think they could stand. If he is a scum bus boy, the latter situation is more likely (unable to bus and attempt NK in the same night). Claiming limitations without explaining why is pretty convenient, especially when the only person that's died so far is scum, and town has a lot less risk now.

Full disclosure since it's gone. My Sonar Probe could sense if a player had any items, but said it had a sensitivity for things producing a Holtzman Field.

The problem with Louis being scum is it means that Cat5 is telling the truth about his ability. So the only way for me to be jailed is if she targeted Jeod. And Cat5 is lying about his ability, the only answer is that he's a jailor too.

I've thought a lot more about the possibilities and I think there is a roleblocker scum and they targeted me while Jeod tried to NK me. So he was RB'd by his teammate. Louis pressured him right away, like she knew something which probably made him feel nervous. Shade then suggested Jeod was roleblocked which made him feel more pressure so Jeod claimed he passed one of his items. It's like he wanted everyone to know he did something and wasn't RB'd. He even asserted that everyone shouldn't hop on a bandwagon if a player was RB'd. Then immediately backtracked only after Louis said she roleblocked him. Now he's caught in a lie, because he just said he passed an item and is being told he was roleblocked. He has no other choice than to admit that he "attempted" to pass an item, admit to being roleblocked and hope for the best because he "knows" his teammate roleblocked me. That's what I've gathered so far.

Louis is Town because she targeted Jeod.

ChopBam is Town because I checked him

Retaliation is Town because he was jailed as there was an attempt on Louis' life.

I'm Town because I'm the cop role.

Cat5 would have to be a jailor or had Jeod target himself for the NK which seems too unlikely.

So the only real suspects left are Shade and FRAYDO. I don't like how the suspects have shifted completely because it means I had a bad read before. 

I'm not sure I buy that FRAYDO is a real suspect. I mean I know I'm saying never entirely rule out anyone, but I think FRAYDO did the best case work, and is almost as clear town as Louis is.

Though if there were actually three scum to start, not two, I think I could believe it.

4 hours ago, Shade939 said:

Jeod's primary attribute was the three items he had, each one when activated would should allow him to counter an ability, since each one has to give him a limited passive.

And Jeod said he attempted to pass one, and low and behold he has two items. He was never jailed, so it was passed. Is this what he was hiding?

Fraydo and shade claimed vanilla.

ChopBam is vanilla town.

Cat5 is a bus with some item most likely

Louis is a jailor with BP

I'm a cop with an item search

Jeod had a scrambler and a seeker drone. Pretty sure the scrambler was to prevent investigations.

And I agree, that's why FRAYDO wasn't a suspect before. Although I also feel Shade helped quite a bit in getting Jeod. I kinda want to No Lynch so I can investigate first but I'd probably also die first.

7 hours ago, Category 5 Hurricane said:

My report is that I didn't swap anybody. I don't really want to give away my limitations, but I'll just say I can't do that every night.

@ Louis  Very surprising that you blocked Retaliation instead of TheIrishman. 

Shade said it correctly, I wanted to choose the most unexpected people, originally it was going to be FRAYDO, but I changed my mind to Retal because I haven't really heard from him. I knew there was going to be an attempt on my life so I use my item. In that way knowing I was attacked, Retal is clear to me.

6 hours ago, Category 5 Hurricane said:

Sure, that's possible, assuming mafia can't use it's abilities and kill at the same time. It's also possible that literally anybody else did it, including Retaliation, if he has a way to bypass a roleblock. It's also possible that Louis is lying about being attacked.

6 hours ago, Category 5 Hurricane said:

Irish isn't cleared himself, so why are you taking his word as golden? Louis is clearing Retaliation, but there are roles that allow unstoppable kills, so she could jail him and still get attacked by him. There are also roles that activate passively, though I guess whether a jailor would bypass those things would depend on the GM.

If Retal was scum, and could bypass my roleblock, he still wouldn't have been able to bypass my shield.

4 hours ago, ChopBam said:

In this scenario, if Cat5 were scum, I don't think he would have been able to switch anyone (as he's not claiming to either) because he probably tried to nk me. 

##vote Category Hurricane5

14 hours ago, Louis said:

Last night I was walking out on patrol, I caught Retaliation out and put him in jail. Then someone tried to attack me, although, unknown to them I decided to wear my rusty shield. In which case protected me and I left with my life.

I'll catch up on break but I was indeed jailed.

1 minute ago, Retaliation said:

I'll catch up on break but I was indeed jailed.

By the way, make certain you're here to vote this time, you might need to win the game for Town. :p

Also, I  might need your flavor knowledge of Dune to back me up.

5 hours ago, TheIrishman said:

I kinda want to No Lynch so I can investigate first but I'd probably also die first.

I was under the impression that your item was what gave you the investigative ability. Do you also have a built-in investigative ability in addition to the item you had?

Beyond the idea that bussing isn't really a town thing, Cat5 was able to distance himself from Jeod just enough in the last few days and even after outright calling Jeod scum, still tried to push Irish for the lynch anyway. I am curious to hear more about his abilities, however, especially these "limitations" he keeps bringing up.

10 hours ago, Category 5 Hurricane said:

If it comes down to it that I need to be lynched just to have my story verified, though, I'm fine with that. We likely have plenty of time, and my usefulness is pretty limited at this point.

If your usefulness is limited at this point, what harm could come in a roleclaim? You're still keeping things pretty close to the chest, even when asked about those things. Why keep it so close to the chest if the usefulness is limited? It could be keeping key parts of the puzzle out of the light. If you get lynched and die with your secrets, what use is it then?

4 hours ago, Louis said:

If Retal was scum, and could bypass my roleblock, he still wouldn't have been able to bypass my shield.

Which fits the result perfectly. Just saying he cannot be totally ruled out, when he's the only player who didn't really contribute to catching Jeod and didn't vote at all.

Which fits the result perfectly. Just saying he cannot be totally ruled out, when he's the only player who didn't really contribute to catching Jeod and didn't vote at all.

He would have needed to use one of Jeod's items wouldn't he? And he would have had to know that he would be targeted before he used it, instead of Irish?

Could be a natural part of his role, or used just in case. If he has an item or ability to counter Louis's role, why save it for after killing her?

He would have naturally had a duplicate item of Jeod's?