[GAME OVER- ATREIDES VICTORY] Battle for Dune Mafia 1

Killing_You
Message added by Jeod,

1 minute ago, TheIrishman said:

It says I check their roster for any skills, if any. So probably NK too

NK wouldn't be listed on their roster I'd assume, and as I'd suspect, Jeod's partner would have an ability to actually support Jeod as he made the NK and have an ability then.

5 minutes ago, Category 5 Hurricane said:

Nightkills are often considered a faction action, and not listed as an ability. So, in the case that TheIrishman actually has an ability cop role, and he checked a theoretically vanilla scum Chopbam, that would give the same report as a vanilla town Chopbam.

The purpose of his item could suddenly change context as well, because he might investigate a vanilla and detect the items they are carrying. I'm actually sorta starting to see how this could work.

1 minute ago, Category 5 Hurricane said:

Seeing that a vanilla scum might exist, given Jeod's three two items, that would seem to hamper the usefulness of an ability cop for town. Granted, seeing that my ability, if used correctly, is also a way to verify people as town, could be an ok pairing of weak abilities.

What ability is that again?

3 minutes ago, Category 5 Hurricane said:

Why don't you explain why you initially said Jeod had three items?

Didn't  correctly remember how many items he had based off the death message, and I thought it had listed three items. There are some downsides to being lazy about quoting previous post for reference.

He also said he tried to pass one of them to you as part of his dance. Is that where it is, Shade?

I think I would be far more likely to remember that it was missing from his inventory if I was actually holding onto it, and has to actually plan on how to use it wouldn't I?

Just now, Category 5 Hurricane said:

I'll even point out that three happens to be the number of town power roles there are, if Louis and TheIrishman are the other two. Did you not say that each item is geared to counter a power role? I'm not sure I buy that this is a coincidence.

So, what item would you theorize could be used to counter your ability?

How should I know? I do not know the lore. However, Jeod might have already told us, given his story about a "defensive jailer"

Shouldn't you list your own role already? Seeing as I must obviously be scum and have already been caught? Shouldn't that help build your case?

Mr. Alternate Universe Man, I know I gave you that name, but just because that is who you are now, doesn't mean I have to play by the rules of the alternate realities that you create for yourself.

No, this is the alternate reality you're creating for yourself.

Let's continue with it, and see if it matches up with our expectations of what happened in the game.

2 minutes ago, Shade939 said:

I must obviously know your ability already based off of the item I have since it would be made solely to counteract your role.

In fact, I would have known about it from the start of the game.

As established by other roles, the timing of the use of the abilities/items matters. Louis apparently doesn't live if she doesn't use her shield N2. TheIrishman maybe missed his opportunity to use his at the correct time. If Jeod was actually jailed, he failed to use it when he could have. Scum not knowing whether or not my ability will be used is an advantage I'm not giving up.

As established by other roles, the timing of the use of the abilities/items matters. Louis apparently doesn't live if she doesn't use her shield N2. TheIrishman maybe missed his opportunity to use his at the correct time. If Jeod was actually jailed, he failed to use it when he could have. Scum not knowing whether or not my ability will be used is an advantage I'm not giving up.

Do you expect the rest of Town to trust you while hiding your role from them at this stage of the game?

Exactly. And yet it seems that he did, didn't he?

Not at all, if I remember correctly, he wanted to steal an item from me based off of my day one joke post, by trading a spice container with me as his made up smuggler role claim.

Also, does this put us at at 50/50 then Category 5?

1 minute ago, Shade939 said:

Not at all, if I remember correctly, he wanted to steal an item from me based off of my day one joke post, by trading a spice container with me as his made up smuggler role claim.

Also, does this put us at at 50/50 then Category 5?

Frankly that is for others to decide. I'm not fully set on you, as it is. Your own arguments have actually been swaying me away from TheIrishman, but towards you. Remembering D1 and D2 though leads me back to TheIrishman in what I think is still a more logical case, outside of your potential slip on the number of items Jeod had. The lack of a kill N1 has still not be solidly explained, and TheIrishman was left to be capable of attacking N2.