[GAME OVER- ATREIDES VICTORY] Battle for Dune Mafia 1

Killing_You
Message added by Jeod,

1 minute ago, Category 5 Hurricane said:

Frankly that is for others to decide. I'm not fully set on you, as it is. Your own arguments have actually been swaying me away from TheIrishman, but towards you. Remembering D1 and D2 though leads me back to TheIrishman in what I think is still a more logical case, outside of your potential slip on the number of items Jeod had. The lack of a kill N1 has still not be solidly explained, and TheIrishman was left to be capable of attacking N2.

What about if I asked if you had the ability the change a players alignment to be part of the mafia?

Actually reminds me of a game I played on another board with Allie29, and we were both absolutely convinced on the other and attacked each other relentlessly. In the end we both agreed that someone else was scum, still primarily sizing each other up, and was surprised when the game ended when that person was lynched.

Just now, Shade939 said:

Not really, you remember that other game KY hosted where Jeod was a cyborg cult leader...

Yeah, I guess. At which point you'd be looking for someone who used to be town aligned, but isn't anymore. And you do that by looking for unnatural changes in arguments.

But mostly I'm going to say that's unlikely, because the assumed 2/6 scum/town ratio is already pretty high and adding another on top of that. You could argue that Jeod was alone and recruited me, I guess. But then does it matter?

12 minutes ago, Shade939 said:

What about if I asked if you had the ability the change a players alignment to be part of the mafia?

That seems ridiculous and seems Ike you're searching for things that aren't there

6 hours ago, FRAYDO said:

Interesting. @ ChopBam r u 100% Vanilla?

Yes

6 hours ago, Retaliation said:

Chopbam knew what shade meant when Shade claimed light infantry so he's either vanilla town or scum.

Vanilla scum who voted Jeod both days, and prioritized Jeod's lynch when there was at least one other viable choice.

Very well, since Category 5 said his ability has a one night cool down, can I propose a simple test then, based on the assumption there are not three mafia now?

Shall we lynch Irish, see if that'll end the game, and if not @ Louis will role block Category 5 so he couldn't convert anyone?

13 minutes ago, Shade939 said:

So, @ Category 5 Hurricane , have I given you sufficient reasoning to claim your role and ability now, to counteract the possibility of you having an ability to say make Irish part of the Mafia so he could claim to be jailed when he wasn't?

22 minutes ago, Category 5 Hurricane said:

But mostly I'm going to say that's unlikely, because the assumed 2/6 scum/town ratio is already pretty high and adding another on top of that. You could argue that Jeod was alone and recruited me, I guess. But then does it matter?

##Vote TheIrishMan

That'll work for me for various reasons then, I'm pretty certain that Irish wanted to see about getting Retaliation lynched with his ability, so assuming a conversion has happened that does exclude Louis from the equation. And I think we've already gone through why no one else is likely to be scum.

I mean, proving I have the role I say I do shouldn't change anything with regards to my own suspicion, and your reasoning for lynching the claimed cop in TheIrishman is the most flawed thing I've seen all game, especially given that better reasons for doing so exist. But I'm not against the result in particular.

I know ChopBam has no abilities or items which is basically the whole point of my role. And the scrambler sounds like the only item that could've countered me. My role would be dumb and borderline pointless if a zero read on both things gave him the option to still be scum. And with Jeod having no apparent abiliity then the last remaining scum has to have one, orherwise the balance is bad.

If I wanted to be dishonest to keep things simple, I would've just claimed a standard cop.

Cat5 and Shade are my current suspects. I'm more suspicious of Shade but I'd rather lynch Cat5 so we can jail shade during the night phase. If there's a nk, feel free to lynch me for being wrong. There'd still be FRAYDO, Retal, Chop, Louis, and Shade, minus one, so 4 town vs 1 scum should still be an easy victory as FRAYDO would the last possible culprit (Shade being jailed, Retal being jailed, and Chop being cleared).

7 minutes ago, Category 5 Hurricane said:

I mean, proving I have the role I say I do shouldn't change anything with regards to my own suspicion, and your reasoning for lynching the claimed cop in TheIrishman is the most flawed thing I've seen all game, especially given that better reasons for doing so exist. But I'm not against the result in particular.

To be fair, can you picture a way for Mafia to win this game other than a conversion ability?

Just now, Shade939 said:

To be fair, can you picture a way for Mafia to win this game other than a conversion ability?

Now that you mention it, the mere fact that the game is still going is pretty weird. Given no NKs so far, I wouldn't have been surprised if the remaining member conceeded. But I don't stretch the logic there to that extent, I more consider it a result of the confidence of whoever is left. Whoever remains must be confident their game position is strong enough to win from, otherwise why spend the time?

7 minutes ago, Category 5 Hurricane said:

Now that you mention it, the mere fact that the game is still going is pretty weird. Given no NKs so far, I wouldn't have been surprised if the remaining member conceeded. But I don't stretch the logic there to that extent, I more consider it a result of the confidence of whoever is left. Whoever remains must be confident their game position is strong enough to win from, otherwise why spend the time?

You'd still have obvious signs of someone being scum from when Jeod was lynched. Three mafia members are far better than two.

I'll restate this for the last time, the idea that there was a alignment change is too outlandish to be considered, just for a game setup standpoint. Allowing a conversion role in a game of this size would result in a possible 37% mafia size, and a game that could end at the start of Day 2. The game already stood to be alarmingly short as it is.

10 minutes ago, Category 5 Hurricane said:

I'll restate this for the last time, the idea that there was a alignment change is too outlandish to be considered, just for a game setup standpoint. Allowing a conversion role in a game of this size would result in a possible 37% mafia size, and a game that could end at the start of Day 2. The game already stood to be alarmingly short as it is.

Especially when you're the one being accused of having the ability. ;)

16 minutes ago, TheIrishman said:

Oh, I can see this being used against me because I could choose not to NK if I was scum. So you can lynch me after Cat5 either way result. Then shade after in case I'm wrong on Cat5.

I'd be willing to consider it, but I'm just one vote.