Scripts 4.7 Update 3 is now available

jonwil

Scripts 4.7 Update 3 is now available.

I would like to thank Jerad2142 and Unstoppable for their contributions to 4.7 Update 3 (If I missed anyone else who contributed to 4.7 Update 3, sorry).

Changes made since 4.7 Update 2:

New scripts and fixes to existing scripts by Jerad2142.

Add "Double HUD" option in wwconfig, along with minor improvements.

New scripts by Unstoppable.

Fix a crash when exiting the game from Configuration Options menu.

Powerup pickup events are now displayed on the HUD for clients.

Add scriptable menu and popup dialogs (the details of how to use them can be found at https://www.tiberiantechnologies.org/wiki/index.php?title=Scriptable_dialogs)

Add new engine calls Display_HUD_Weapon_Grant_Player and Display_HUD_Ammo_Grant_Player to allow triggering HUD weapon/ammo grant indicator for a specific player.

Discord Rich Presence now displays max player count in servers properly, instead of 127 and correctly handles "gameplay pending" case.

Add Ctrl+A (Select All) support for edit box controls.

Fix an exploit that can cause SFPS drops and other glitching (not going into details for obvious reasons).

If you are running 4.7 Update 2 (or any earlier version) you will be automatically updated to 4.7 Update 3.

People wanting a full installer (to install from scratch or to do a full reinstall), a server download or a tools download can find them on the Tiberian Technologies website (www.tiberiantechnologies.org) in the downloads section. Appropriate source code for 4.7 Update 3 as well as the source files for the map fixes in 4.7 (which are the latest fixes we have) can also be found on the site.

People who need Dragonade will have to wait for a compatible version of Dragonade to be released.

Sever owners are strongly advised to update to 4.7 Update 3 as soon as possible due to the exploit fix.

Yeah so I have a question, I downloaded the new scripts, can't get it into a folder, its always greyed out. Also, when I told W3DHub where my game was located since I'm on an origin copy, it doesn't act right. Everytime I try to join a server it just opens game library on Origin. I don't know what to do or how to make the game work. 

On 5/20/2022 at 4:05 AM, Chief787 said:

Yeah so I have a question, I downloaded the new scripts, can't get it into a folder, its always greyed out. Also, when I told W3DHub where my game was located since I'm on an origin copy, it doesn't act right. Everytime I try to join a server it just opens game library on Origin. I don't know what to do or how to make the game work. 

Can you clarify what you mean when you say you "can't get it into a folder"? The other things you describe are what happens before the update is applied. Once you get the scripts update done, everything should work. You may have to reset the game on the W3D-Hub launcher afterward though, else it might not hit the correct executable.

You should just be able to run the update and put your game path in the blank.

When I say I can't get the scripts to a folder, it means everytime I go through the .exe , it is greyed out. Can't select anything, I've even manually browsed and told it where to put it which is the correct directory and still nothing. It's like the .exe fails to do it's job properly and can't understand even itself. I know my exact directory, I even tried cheating and extracting it into a new folder and copying the files to my correct directory, nothing. It's just a complete fail on it's end. I'm not sure how to resolve it.

14 hours ago, Chief787 said:

I even tried cheating and extracting it into a new folder and copying the files to my correct directory

This most certainly should have worked.

Send me a message here or on discord and we'll get this figured out. Only so many things it can be.

• 2 months later...