"Renegade has encountered an internal error and is unable to continue normally.

SniperDrew

I could use a little assistance from y'all if you have the time. I am new to this forum so please excuse me if there is a similar thread to this one. I was unable to locate one.

1) I recently reacquired all my games and recently downloaded all of Origin's Ultimate Collection. I have installed all the games from the collection and have followed C&C Communities guidelines to play singleplayer Renegade (not really interested in playing multiplayer). When I boot up the game, I get this error almost immediately.

2) No add-ons

3) Here are the following specifications of my computer:

HP Victus 15.6

CPU: Intel Core i5 - 12450H

GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 1650

RAM: 8GB DDR5

HDD: 512GB SSD (231GB Free)

AV: Basic Microsoft AntiVirus

DirectX: 12.0

4) As long as I've had Renegade installed (~3weeks?)

5) No

6) There is no file or directory like the one described

7) I've also attempted using the game.exe directly from the game folder itself instead of attempting to run it through Origins but to no avail.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

11-27-2022 Renegade Crash Error.png

19 hours ago, SniperDrew said:

I could use a little assistance from y'all if you have the time. I am new to this forum so please excuse me if there is a similar thread to this one. I was unable to locate one.

1) I recently reacquired all my games and recently downloaded all of Origin's Ultimate Collection. I have installed all the games from the collection and have followed C&C Communities guidelines to play singleplayer Renegade (not really interested in playing multiplayer). When I boot up the game, I get this error almost immediately.

2) No add-ons

3) Here are the following specifications of my computer:

HP Victus 15.6

CPU: Intel Core i5 - 12450H

GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 1650

RAM: 8GB DDR5

HDD: 512GB SSD (231GB Free)

AV: Basic Microsoft AntiVirus

DirectX: 12.0

4) As long as I've had Renegade installed (~3weeks?)

5) No

6) There is no file or directory like the one described

7) I've also attempted using the game.exe directly from the game folder itself instead of attempting to run it through Origins but to no avail.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

11-27-2022 Renegade Crash Error.png

Hello, could you send me the crash dump (the latest file with .dmp extension) from the following directory "%UserProfile%\Documents\Renegade\Client\debug" via PM so I can investigate what's wrong?

19 hours ago, The Unstoppable said:

Hello, could you send me the crash dump (the latest file with .dmp extension) from the following directory "%UserProfile%\Documents\Renegade\Client\debug" via PM so I can investigate what's wrong?

Is there anywhere else it may be? I don't have that folder in my documents section.

Usually with the scripts-update installed crashdumps get generated in the folder Unstoppable mentioned. We are in need of some more information in order to help you to the best of our ability, thus I'll just ask you a few smaller questions:

• Due to compatibility issues possibly present in the stock-version and as it's not obvious in your post: Did you install the Scripts-update? (https://www.tiberiantechnologies.org/downloads)
  • During Install through Origin, did you install the redist packages Origin recommends?
  • Does any program or your OS block the .exe? (If you do not know, please just say so)
  • Is DirectX 9 or 11 active?
  • Do the .exes in your Renegade-folder have admin privileges?

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/29/2022 at 11:29 AM, NoSoldier said:

Usually with the scripts-update installed crashdumps get generated in the folder Unstoppable mentioned. We are in need of some more information in order to help you to the best of our ability, thus I'll just ask you a few smaller questions:

• Due to compatibility issues possibly present in the stock-version and as it's not obvious in your post: Did you install the Scripts-update? (https://www.tiberiantechnologies.org/downloads)
  • During Install through Origin, did you install the redist packages Origin recommends?
  • Does any program or your OS block the .exe? (If you do not know, please just say so)
  • Is DirectX 9 or 11 active?
  • Do the .exes in your Renegade-folder have admin privileges?

Sorry for the delay in answering. Life was getting hectic.

1) Yes, I installed the scripts-update from Tiberian Technologies. And afterwards it initiated an update as well.

2) I installed through Origins and installed everything except the desktop icon.

3) I don't believe so, but I will admit I don't know for sure.

4) I seem to only have DirectX 12 active. How would I go about making sure those are active?

5) I haven't had any issues saying they don't have admin-privileges. How would I go about to make sure they do. I clicked on properties of all the .exes and it says they have all access. After trying to run one of the game.exe I did notice a new error pop up saying, "missing required file 'ssleay32.dll'" Would that be the issue?

image.png

On 12/10/2022 at 5:57 PM, SniperDrew said:

Sorry for the delay in answering. Life was getting hectic.

1) Yes, I installed the scripts-update from Tiberian Technologies. And afterwards it initiated an update as well.

2) I installed through Origins and installed everything except the desktop icon.

3) I don't believe so, but I will admit I don't know for sure.

4) I seem to only have DirectX 12 active. How would I go about making sure those are active?

5) I haven't had any issues saying they don't have admin-privileges. How would I go about to make sure they do. I clicked on properties of all the .exes and it says they have all access. After trying to run one of the game.exe I did notice a new error pop up saying, "missing required file 'ssleay32.dll'" Would that be the issue?

image.png

Don't worry, we all know that life can be hectic.

4.) DXDIAG should report your supported levels (just type in dxdiag into your commandline.)
5.) Open your Renegade-folder and check for every .exe under Properties the Compatibility tab. (You've got "running with admin privelege there) Also, please check whether installing DirectX 9.0c (https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/directx-error-90-or-higher-issue/81c28e00-0a4b-45d4-ba58-98c2a73da63e) or 11 (https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=17431) helps.

Also found these two posts about ssleay32 which might be worth trying: