Installing W3D Hub on macOS

BukkitHead

Hi guys, I have an issue when I try to install W3D Hub Launcher on my 2019 MacBook Pro (running macOS Ventura 13.5). I was following the instructions found here:

https://w3dhub.com/forum/topic/417270-linux-and-wine-how-to-get-all-games-the-launcher-working/

but I've run into a problem that doesn't seem to be listed there. When I run the "w3dhub_launcher_0.14.0.0_installer.exe" file in wine (v. 8.0.1), all I get is a blank setup window:

Screenshot2023-08-10at12_11_48AM.png.3adcaa01436244daef9a0c3fc043861e.png

I realize that support here is mainly for Windows, so this may be a long shot, but any insight would be appreciated. Also, I would be interested in learning whether W3D could be got to work on the new M family of Macs.

Thanks.

The latest version of the launcher uses dotnet7, which is nominally cross platform, but currently uses the WPF UI framework, which is only officially available on Windows platforms.

While I have been looking into porting the UI to Avalonia, this will be a long term project and likely not something we'd be in a position to ship for quite some time.

As for the games themselves, I have no idea if they'll run on an M series Mac, but they'd certainly need to be emulated since we don't compile the code for non x86-64 platforms.

As for the installer specifically, I don't have any experience with WINE so not sure what to suggest. It's a fairly bog standard NSIS installer though.

You could try installing using the command line, but it's not something I've ever tried myself on a clean install

installer.exe /S /D=C:\W3D Hub\