Vehicle stealing --- is team hampering (and ill response from moderator about the sitatuion).

HELLO MODERATORS, PLEASE DELETE THIS POSTING.  i AM STILL UPSET ABOUT IT BUT AFTER I HAVE 'COOLED DOWN' IT DOESNT SEEM TO BE AS IMPORTANT AS IT WAS WHEN I WROTE IT,  i WOULD DELETE IT MYSELF BUT COULD FIND NO OPTION TO DO SO.  IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS PLEASE LET ME KNOW.  THIS MESSAGE IS NO LONGER IMPORTANT ENOUGH TO POST,  THANK YOU IN ADVANCE AND BEST REGARDS.

I was playing a Renegade multiplayer game on [W3D.hub] Interim Apex (Tuesday March 5, 2024 at about 23:15 hours).  I had bought a Gap Generator (not sure if that's the proper name for it or not) and had parked it so that I could get a repair vehicle set up but during that time a player named Abuaker (not sure about the spelling) took the vehicle without asking and then within a couple minutes he had lost it to the other team (at the moment that he took it I tried "LOCK" and "kick" but it didn't work for whatever procedural error was on my part). So after it was taken by the other team I put a message to the team: "I need 1800 credits to replace my gap gen" (it was only us 3 players) and Awxyde replied "No you don't". And as I was discussing the situation with him (or attempting to do so) he swapped me to the other team (which certainly makes no  sense at all to me, since there were only 3 players in the game by now;  of course I just quit because I was too bent out of shape to even want to play).

I've spoken to Awxyde who said that taking other peoples vehicles without permission isn't against the rules (and I believe that it certainly should be). Nevertheless just taking someone else's vehicle isn't in the spirit of respectful team playing and its just sociopathic, despicable.  I also have the thought that it is against the rules because it is the very epitome of "TEAM HAMPERING" (stealing vehicles from people on your team and instantly losing them to your opponents seems to be the very definition of team hampering). Whether the Administrators of this server believe that taking team member's vehicles is just fine, good and ok, I don't.  It certainly should be against the rules but nevertheless it is a terrible way to play this game.  I also believe that a moderator should at least discourage the act of taking a team members vehicle without permission and certainly shouldn't be an enabler of it. I'm really disturbed about the situation. Its not the 1800 credits, its the point of taking someone else's vehicle without permission and without giving a hoot about the person who bought it. Its absolute disrespect, right in your face. And the secondary issue of a moderator posting impulsive and unprofessional reactions towards what I would define as a wronged player while in game.  And what in the world is the message being sent by switching me to the other team when it certainly had nothing to do with a balance issue?

Usually I just brush these things off with the realization that its a game and of course things are going to be annoying because its a game, its the nature of game playing.  But I'm going to post this in the hopes of actually having the issue addressed or am I going to have to put up with some sort of petty, juvenile retribution or other abuse of moderator authority because I've said something about it. I'm putting this post out here in order to try to eliminate something that is extremely frustrating to game players and not to start some sort of coordinated retaliation towards myself for speaking out.  I mean if that's what happens then so be it but I hope that you folks are above all of that.

In conclusion I will say that I am frustrated by this situation and that much is clear. But I also would like to take this opportunity to say that as moderators it would give people a better impression if moderators would handle situations like this professionally. Moderators should respect their position and not act like ill behaved school children at recess; moderators should hold themselves to a higher level of conduct. I mean in this situation a moderator clearly took the side of someone who was in the wrong.  It doesn't take some sort of degree in morals and ethics to see that taking someone's vehicle in game and for whatever reason losing it to the other team is messed up. And for a  moderator to leave the impression that the moderators are just "the good 'ol boys network' is very intimidating and off putting to people and they don't want to play on a server like that.  

You can handle this as you see fit but I just would like to say that to 'make a difference' you have to make a difference. I certainly am interested in seeing how this is addressed and I believe that it is important and relevant.  People just want things to be reasonable and not have to be subjected to childishness and wrong doing at every turn, while trying to have a good time playing a game.  Do you know what I mean?

PS I hope that "Awxyde' isn't assigned to reply to this.  I really am not interested in hearing how he justifies all of this messed upness to himself or hear a boat load of excuses.  I was doing nothing wrong and was wronged and that's all there is to it. Its the kind of thing that drives people away from this server and I can absolutely attest to that.  I am also not interested in having someone apologize, etc.  I want the situation to be corrected so that people don't have to deal with this sort of complete unsportsmanlike behavior.

Edited by Solarsails
grammar, spelling, etc

We have reviewed the logs of what happened in the incident that you describe. Our concensus is that the whole thing could have been avoided if you understood how the vehicle locking feature works and had employed its use properly. Taking an unlocked vehicle is NOT against the rules for a few different reasons - primarily because unattended vehicles inside your base are a hazard because enemies can steal them (locked or not), but also specifically because the lock feature exists - wanted vehicles are supposed to be claimed by a lock. If you leave a vehicle unlocked and it is taken, that is how the game has been played for 20+ years. No compensation for said vehicle should be given nor expected. Lock your vehicle if you want to keep it.

We are still waiting to hear from Awxyde directly about a question that we have regarding this matter, but ultimately we feel that no action is necessary from us in this case. After your edit, we are glad to see that you agree.

We will consider this matter closed.