About This File
This is the current public beta version of the W3D-Asterisk Connect Tool - A direct connect tool built to be a spiritual successor to the legacy RenIP connect tool. This tool is compatible with all Renegade W3D-engine mods.
- A universal server connect tool, compatible with all Renegade-based mods on the W3D engine.
- A universal single-player game launcher. Save an entry for all of your W3D-based games and easily run them from here!
- The ability to save multiple server profiles for quickly changing between your various favorite games and servers.
- Multiple config options (with many more to come!) so that you can have things just the way you like them.
- An IRC !auth feature for players with protected nicknames. No more joining IRC just to run one command and leave, this will do it for you!
- Many features are still being developed. Stay tuned for updates!
Still to come!
- GSA query
- Themes (re-worked, better than before!)
What's New in Version 0.46 See changelog
- Added warning dialogs when deleting games, profiles, and IRC profiles.
- Added an extra confirmation step for some items in the Help -> Reset menu.
- Added code to force the names of Games and Server Profiles to be unique (disallow exact duplicates).
Design choice notes:
- For simplicity's sake, I have chosen to not attempt to disallow the user to delete saved items in the Games and IRC Profiles lists even if those items are currently associated with a Server Profile (this will break the associated profiles). There are warnings, but the user may do as they wish (since they can manually edit the file anyway).
- I have also chosen to not force uniqueness in IRC Profiles. Due to the way it is coded currently, this makes sense as these profiles do not have actual names but rather are identified by a concatenated string of all contained information, minus the password.