About This File
What's New in Version 0.47 See changelog
Its been all of four and a half years since I last released an update to Asterisk! I feel like I just started this project yesterday. Wow.
Given the time since the last release, and the fact that I have been slowly working on this when I have time, adding a few things, trying to polish it a bit more, etc, I and a couple other people (namely @ ChopBam ) felt that it was time to let out another update.
ChopBam has been very helpful in shaping several of these new changes listed below. Many of them are the product of his request and/or suggestion.
- Shortened program title to "Asterisk Connect Tool".
- Changed window title from "W3D*" to "Asterisk".
- Changed program windows to open centered in screen instead of at a random default position.
- Changed cursor behavior, so that it will always be in the "Nickname" field at program start.
- Color palette is now "Dark", instead of "Dark, but confused".
- Colored Toolbar menu items now participate in the color scheme.
- Re-arranged some elements, and moved the "Add", "Delete", and "Edit" buttons from the "New" and "Edit" menus onto the main window.
- Removed "New", "Edit", and "Theme" menus.
- Updated Help -> "About" screen Credits and fixed some poor formatting.
- Updated Help -> "Report a Bug" screen message to correctly display the new forum URL, as well as the Discord URL.
- Fixed the incorrect version number displayed on the "About" and "Report a Bug" screens.
- Updated GSA Query window. The feature is still not complete, but it is slightly improved.
- Added option to remove Pre- and Post-launch application entries by clicking on the program path displayed in the menu. Also improved existing feature logic.
- Added option to configure the behavior of the Return (Enter) Key within text fields, such that it can launch the selected game, connect to the selected server, or simply do nothing (default).
- Added option to open wwconfig.exe for the selected game (if the wwconfig.exe file exists in the normal place for the selected game).
- Themes module upgraded from "kneecapped" to "disabled". Feature to be completely removed in favor of a single color palette, due to lack of user interest and added maintenance time cost.
- Compiling with a newer version of Visual Studio fixed the bug with the "Port" field, where the cursor would not always start at the beginning of the field.
- Cleanup - Removed some orphaned code.
In the future, I hope to not wait so long between releases. However, progress is solely dependent upon my spare time. Thanks for checking out Asterisk, and I do hope that you find it useful.