Blog 110 (03/12/08)

Welcome to this week's blog. A little late, I know. But I have my reasons.

<h3>Soviet Barracks</h3>

dtrngd has been modelling up the office in the soviet barracks. What's that on the desk? :)

Also he has produced a new hammer and sickle logo to put on the soviet sctrutures which have them. Check out the images below!

hammer_n_sickle_final-1.jpg

desk_apochack1-1.pngofficeshot-1.png

<h3>More Props</h3>

Poggel has been working on producing more and more props for use ingame. Check out these familiar objects below.

We have a post box, some pipes an fountain and a merry-go-round. There's also a video of the fountain as well :D

mailbox21jl3-1.pngpipesgg3.png

fountain1jr5-1.pngmerrygoroundiw4-1.png

<center><embed width="448" height="361" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" src="http://i124.photobucket.com/player.swf?file=http://vid124.photobucket.com/albums/p34/Ultimako/Apocalypse%20Rising/Blog/Fountain.flv"></center>

(Our water obviously won't be this pretty, but it's still nice to see the fountain in action).

<h3>Team Messages</h3>

I am up to my neck in university work right now. My first semester is nearing a close and the hand-in date is looming. It's time to work like crazy. I'm glad that I picked the course that I'm doing now xD

dtrngd is working with me to get that soviet feel in the barracks. It's going well :)

TheBeerinator has a treat in the pipeline for the budding modders out there.

Conflab on saturday when we will all catch up and discuss things.

Apparently some people don't like my blogs. If you feel the same, please, feel free to lodge a complaint for me to not care about :)

<h3>OWA's Random Corner</h3>

What would happen if Battlefield crossed over with Nintendo?

<center><object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object></center>

<h3>Rawr</h3>

*Goes back to coursework*

Guest Stormweaver

Epic mini-apoc. Please say that will be in there in the final version as a funny easter-egg.

QFT

For some reason, i just got a brainfart, linking the mini-apoc to FOI ghosts...

give the mini-apoc some AI! just the turret or something <3

Guest Kakashi

How about a remote controlled Apoc that follows you around and (uselessly?) shoots at enemy units? Allies could have a mini-mirage that does the same (and hides itself as bush).

Guest Deadpikle

Ah, not to worry about the blogs OWA. You'll have more to post about on varying weeks. I don't know why people are complaining though; last couple weeks with the allied bar have been awesome =D

Soviet bar desk should be covered with papers. Aka messy.

Props=good. Make it feel much more ra2-listic and realistic.

Water/battlefield videos = fancy :3

Guest ivan55599

That would be funny. A mini-apoc as a defensive turret inside soviet buildings.... Epic WIN!

good idea...l have inspration! l will draw a comic from that today

Guest Billy Joe Bob

I'd like the mini Apoc to randomly drive off its stand and roll all over the desk, then it returns to its stand so someone who just sees the end of it would go :D.