Blog 118 (28/01/09)

good blog.

But if i remember in RA2 the statue was not holding an AK-47 but it looked like a mosin nagant.

yeah why would he be holding an AK-47... isn't it supposed to be a conscript? and well you are using the PPKM for conscripts

I'm making the statue hold an AK-47 to link back to Red Alert 1/APB. There was no Moisin Nagant in RA1 so the link cannot be made that way.

I think the statue soldier is for remembrance that's why he is holding the mosin nagant.

In rememberance of the first war, against the Allies, is my personal take on it.

yeah w/e I am no weapon expert..., but was AK-47 even present in RA2?

Not officially.

Guest Nod Guy

Still raises the question that in remembrance he is holding a AK-47 and yet in RA2 they use a older, weaker weapon.

Edited by Nod Guy

Still raises the question that in remembrance he is holding a AK-47 and yet in RA2 they use a older, weaker weapon.

Maybe so, but who says that the PPSH that the conscripts use, isn't some new dreamt up version that can keep up with modern assault weaponry.

Here at Bluehell Productions we like to kick reasoning and realism to the curb.

Guest A_Mustang

they used the PPSH because it be cheaper then AK....

not really... but.. the PPSH is easier to build in the vast numbers necessary for the start of RA2 without attracting allied attention. Of course, they mass produced MBTs so thats as weak argument. But it works with a little imagination.