Blog 151 (25/09/09)

Guest ivan55599

You dare to say that RA2 speech > OWA?

Someone, call the Spanish Inquisition.

l dare :p

beware, what u want: torq2.jpgtorq.jpg

Edited by ivan55599

I lol'd.

Having some unit info on the installer might be cool. I mean, you only have to install once, right?

Indeed you do, unless you are a compulsive reformatter.

Ouch! I hope you recover from that foot injury swiftly OWA, it looks rather nasty =(. I just wanted to say that having the installer be all RA2-ish makes me wanna cry tears of nostalgia. Just seeing the pictures takes me back to the first time i installed Red Alert 2... ahh... such happy days.

Cheers Trev, I can walk again and have been active on my bicycle, but now I think I've got a dose of the flu :D

Just so I can get my memory straight, wasn't the RA2 installer also intentionally slow, so they could show off their awsome slide show?

That it was.

If you put the cool OWA voice talking while the installer goes on, I'd keep it to even 10 minutes :)

Haha Occult, you flatter me. :) I need to get a microphone first though.

After a long time.... Im back! So, hows the game?

And hows the chrono legionaire?

The game is coming together a piece at a time.

Also, the CLEG isn't being worked on at the moment, but he'll make an appearance after the first release.

Guest TankMaster

Just to make sure everything is straight, there will be two modes of installing (inside the installer itself).

Option A: Classic RA2 setup where it goes through the storyline then you sit and watch the pretty unit pictures. This option lasts about 6 1/2 mins (I timed everything to the second like in the original installer).

Option B: Regular install, shows the unit pictures still, but when finished installing, it goes on to the next step. This option varies (just depends on how fast your computer can extract the files :p)

So it is either 6 1/2 mins of watching the installer, or probably 2 mins of watching pictures with just the background music.

Now you choose which way you want to setup in the Options page, so don't go fast clicking or you might get stuck with the 6.5 min show when you want the 2 min show :p

• 2 weeks later...
Guest psych787

I'd prefer Option A, but with *the option* to continue to the next step once the file transfer is finished. That way we can all see the whole awsome installer, but don't have to on reinstalls.