Crash upon entering comms centre in mission 2 and insert disk prompt replacing cutscenes

I wanted to play Renegade again since I last played a few years ago so I reinstalled from my original disk copy of the game and now I keep facing the issue of the game crashing every time I try and enter the comms centre in mission 2. I've tried altering the settings to no avail. I didn't have this issue before on my previous install, the only thing different now as far as I can tell is a newer update of the patches and whatever updates windows has had since then. I'm on a lenovo laptop running windows 10 with an intel i5 processor and 4GBs of ram and have both the w3d and Tiberian Technologies patches installed, tried running as administrator and tried different compatibility settings but nothing changes the issue. The crash always happens at exactly the same moment right after entering the building and always brings up the box that says "renegade has encountered an internal error and cannot continue normally".

It is the same issue as what was described here: https://w3dhub.com/forum/topic/422632-internal-error-command-conquer-renegade-single-player/. jonwil mentioned in that thread that the crash would most likely be fixed in the update that would have been the next to release from then. I don't know whether there's been an update since then and whether the issue has been fixed or not so if it's still on its way I apologise but as I'm experiencing this issue on the latest version of the patch that's available from the website I thought I should make this thread asking for help just in case there's still something else causing it

I've included the crash dump files from the first time this happened and the most recent time in case that helps.

Also another issue I seem to keep having is that the video cutscenes between levels don't play, and instead when they are meant to play I get asked to insert a cd even though I have the patches installed and entered my cd key correctly when installing the game. When I press cancel the game just proceeds to start the next mission as normal, just without playing the cutscenes. Is there a fix for this?

Thanks for any help you could provide

crash dump files.zip

The reason the cutscenes don't play is that they are on the second CD of the original game (which is why its asking you to insert a CD)

As for the crashes, I know where its crashing but I don't know why or how to fix it.