Blog 28 (09/05/07)

Well it has been quite a busy week filled with coursework deadlines and other such nuisances, but never fear! The blog is here! With some new eye candy for you to gaze upon. :)

Also today is a special day for one of our team members. Thats right! It is Danpaul88's birthday! Happy 19th my friend, have a good one!

<h3>I can go anywhere!</h3>

Thats right, we have a Rocketeer in development right now thanks to rm5248! Here are some previews.

rocketeer6.jpgrocketeer7.jpg

rocketeer8.jpgrocketeer9.jpg

This isnt final yet, just some proportions to modify and a visor to remove, exposing the face.

<h3>AR Front End</h3>

cfehunter has been busy coding up a shiny new frontend for the mod. This will basically check for patches, maps and other nice things that we decide to put on it. It will also link you to the APB/AR main site so you can check the news. How cool is that eh? Here is an early WIP.

frontendja9.jpg

<h3>Stuff what we is doing now... k?</h3>

Well, I'm doing some new sounds and fixing up the IFV.

cfehunter is working on the front end and some texture work too.

danpaul88 & BogdanV are busy with other matters until the summer.

Ric is working on a new weapon for you to see along with some new gun hands.

Soviet_Deso is texturing Ric's Chrono Miner. Let RA2 fans everywhere rejoice!

rm5248 is finishing off the Rocketeer

Nameme is working on the level edit core and the Nighthawk transport.

Coolrock is doing PR as usual. :D

Merovingian is deciding whether he wants to continue today. I'll update this later.

We have a new team member! Big round of appaluse for Poggel! He has joined us recently to do some 3d work. One of his renders is hidden in this blog. See if you can find it :)

That concludes the blog for this week. See you next week after my first exam D:

First (hopefully) :)

nice blog OWA and the pic with Poggel 3D work is nice. Hope we see the final rockeeter soon (nice done rm5248) . Waiting for the next blog and new stuff to test.

Edit: Dammit freak was a little bit faster :D

Guest Coolrock

Glad to see Poggel joined ^.^

Everything is awesome like always :D

*goes off to update the Moddb*

i've done alot more work on the frontend since last night, it now checks for updates and shows you the latest maps, with pics and download links. I'm thinking of adding in a map pack subversion so that if you're out of date with the map packs you can download them all at once. The patches download via the program, but i've made it so the map download buttons open in your web browser. i may change this later

Guest Iamrecognized

Looks great. Does this mean that APB and AR will not share the front end? Because that could be useful...

Guest Westy543

Happy birthday Danpaul88! That rockateer wins, rm5248! The guns for some reason look a bit big on the bottom, but that could just be me.

Guest Evil Alex

Very good blog indeed, I like the new iron curtain, flak cannon and the new rocketeer as well, I also like the nw frontend for AR! Keep up the good work and good luck with other future updates for the mod AR Team! Also welcome to the AR Team Poggel! :D heh heh heh

Guest Godlord

lol now I know what an easter egg is in the blogs. First time I tought that it was in the pictures. I readed the blog and found and underlined dot. Then I passed my mouse over it and I saw it was a link to a picture :D. But still nice blog and the rocketeer looks nice so far still far from finished but nice. The Iron Curtain and Flak Cannons are also awesome.

Godlord.

Guest Loyal2NES

Ahh, so that's how Rocketeers work. I could never figure out how they could fly and shoot at the same time.

Very nice. And I like the Flak Cannons.

Thumbs up.