Blog 38 (18/07/07)

Well well well. Today we have some treats for you :) Look below for the awesomeness.

<h3>Video full of goodies</h3>

This video is a taster of the type of things that will feature in Apocalypse Rising's future releases. This content has kindly been donated by TheKGBSpy, all of this is his work from RA2: Vengeance. These new additions will be put into the newer tests of AR to play around with :) This video also has something special for Chemwarss at the end of it <3

Remember, none of the unit setup, projectiles etc. applies to AR since this is a 3 year old test from RA2 Vengeance, a mod that is donating to us. None of the content in that video was made by the AR team.

<h3>Soundtrack</h3>

Thanks to NeptuneUK and Soviet_Deso, we now have an entire soundtrack of RA2-style songs to use in AR. Remember in the podcast I talked about having a "Hell March 3" song for the mod? Well, it is the background music for the video that is posted above along with another track called "Human Error". :) Expect to hear more of this wonderful soundtrack over the coming weeks.

<h3>Sidebar & Water</h3>

danpaul88 recently got the sidebar working ingame, with the help of jonwil. We have commandeered APB's textures until we get our own new shiny set from drunkill ^^

ScreenHunter_040.jpg

Now, thanks to all this great new stuff from TheKGBSpy, we have acquired a brand new water texture that literally screams RA2. Remember RA2 was not realistic at all and the game looked quite cartoony at times. To keep with this theme, I present to you all. RA2 water!

Apocalypse2007-07-1817-46-57-04.jpg

<h3>Jobs</h3>

Bluehell Productions are in need of Character and Weapon riggers right now. If you can do either, drop me a pm and we'll see if you have the talent we need to get our stuff ingame :o

<h3>Team Notes</h3>

I have a beautiful new girlfriend, so I am a very happy guy right now :o I have already lent her my APB disc :)

cfehunter quit World Of Warcraft but has now joined the ranks of Final Fantasy XI........

danpaul88 got his university results back and........

Highest mark was c++ programming 2, with 90%

Lowest mark was Professional Studies at 59%, but thats a load of bollocks anyway tbh xD

The other 4 marks were all over 85%.

So, since the pass mark is only 40%, it would appear that I have passed my first year with ease :D

Well done and good luck for the future my friend!

Merovingian is still out of action due to hardware failure :D

nameme99 was 16 yesterday. Happy Birthday!

Coolrock is still on vacation but should be back soon.

Ric is busy getting the Harrier ready to show to you guys.

Soviet_Deso has been busy working on the Chrono Miner texture, more on that later.

I did a podcast yesterday with Lord_Kane, Kushan and Duuude007 from "Tiberian Dawn" for C&C3. I'd just like to take this opportunity to say what a pleasure it is to be able to co-host these podcasts and plug AR at the same time. Any of you who are looking for an awesome mod for C&C3, go check it out as this mod is definitely going to be something special. Check it out here. I'd also like to thank Tocsin for his kind words from their seventh blog, it is really awesome to be where I am right now and I wouldn;t want to be leading any other project right now :)

<h3>End</h3>

See you next week for more awesome stuff :o

Guest EVA-251

2nd. Dang.

I love the Kirov, but it seems small, I mean, really small. It also seems to be overly manueverable, and has too low a flight ceiling. Besides that, I am looking forward to using it.

The water is nice as well.

As for the Siege Chopper, I think that it should have a ballistic weapon like the ARTY, not a straightshot cannon.

The last part was odd.

2nd. Dang.

I love the Kirov, but it seems small, I mean, really small. It also seems to be overly manueverable, and has too low a flight ceiling. Besides that, I am looking forward to using it.

The water is nice as well.

As for the Siege Chopper, I think that it should have a ballistic weapon like the ARTY, not a straightshot cannon.

The last part was odd.

None of this applies since this is a 3 year old test from RA2 Vengeance, a mod that is being donating to us. None of the content in that video was made by the AR team.

Guest u6795

You guys sure do like plain, bright non-textured textures! Your screenshots hurt meh eyes :D

It's all cool, though. I heart the video as always, poor old Vengeance.

Is Urimas still addicted to WoW? I may have to go rip him out of his chair (and then set him back in it) but change his... Priorities... to rigging weapons and stuff.

Is Urimas still addicted to WoW? I may have to go rip him out of his chair (and then set him back in it) but change his... Priorities... to rigging weapons and stuff.

Help with that problem would be much appretiated :D

Guest EVA-251

None of this applies since this is a 3 year old test from RA2 Vengeance, a mod that is being donating to us. None of the content in that video was made by the AR team.

*reads the first part of the blog*

Ah. Usually I skip down to the first picture or video link and start from there. :p

Guest Coolrock

I can't watch the video (dail up), but I did see the screenshot of it. Made me giggle a lot and want to show Chemwarss ASAP =P

Great blog as always.

Guest deadpikle

Lolz, sweet blog.

I like the taco car xD. Of course its not too "pretty," but it works. :D

Oh, and btw, I liked the song. Maybe a bit too "calm" at parts, but still good.

Guest C&C n00b

Aside from the Taco Car(which is an EPIC win), I think that the Kirov is the best. It'll be great to see the reaction from the puny allies when a huge rush(or not :)) of Kirovs comes floating over the horizon :).

(Allied players going through base, hiding in bushes and stuff)

Allied dude: Hmm.. Shall we get some prism tanks?

*sees 10 Kirovs float over the horizon*

Allied dude: HOLY SHIT WE'RE ALL GONNA DIE!!! GET SOME LIFE RAFTS :D!!!

Soviets: Look at them break and scatter. For Mother Russia! :)

Guest Allie29

Made of pure win. I'm assuming the siege chopper will have unlimited ammo? (Sucks for those poor mirage tanks, having one of those going around and spraying every tree and rock.)

Also, tacos. That is all.

Guest cuddling

Nice blog, i'll be checking out the video after i get home :D Will the side bar in AR be a PT or buy zones in Release 1?

Guest that1guy

Heh, can't wait to get my hands on a Kirov. :)

Well I know one thing for sure, that's some funky camoflauge. :)

I'd say the taco car is the bestest of them all!!:D:)

Is the taco car going to be avalible in the "Extras" for vehicles, like the Sedan/Pickup Truck for GDI in Renegade? :) I hope it will.

Nice blog, i'll be checking out the video after i get home :D Will the side bar in AR be a PT or buy zones in Release 1?

Currently the scripts have not been made, seeming the sidebar + zones were made for version 1 of APB. But I guess they'll be worked on for the initial AR release.

Guest TruYuri

Is the taco car going to be avalible in the "Extras" for vehicles, like the Sedan/Pickup Truck for GDI in Renegade? :D I hope it will.

The sidebar is built off of that "Extras" section, and currently, making another "Extras" section is not possible, or has not been done.

Guest sadukar09

Can we have the taco mobile drivable? :D Drive around the map and you get money!

:) AH!!! The relief wagons here!

:o *Tacoman* Here comrade taco for all!

:) Tacos....

:D *Tacoman* NOW Comrades! Bring in the Kirovs!

:) Mmmmm....Tacos....hmmm what?

:) *Kirov* Helium mix optimal

^^ Yummy...

:o *Kirov* Bombardiers to you stations.

:o AHHH W3 R 411 G01NG 70 D13!

:o We have destroyed those fat allied pigs!

:) NEVER trust the taco

Guest ghhyrd

First,

Trust me, it's Helium Mix Optimal. I thought it was 'Makes' to, but that would be jumbled speech and wrong and it just doesn't fit.

And...

TACO CAR FTW! F**K YEAH!

Guest r315r4z0r

<3 Music, <3 Water, <3 Kirov, <3 Siege chopper, <3 TACO CAR :D

About the Siege chopper... the Gun->Chopper animation needs a fix, but other than that I can't wait to fly that thing :)