Blog 40 (01/08/07)

Whoah, 40 blogs. Thats a lot. It is also my girlfriend's birthday today. Happy birthday Shannon, I love you so much <3 To commemorate these momentus events I have prepared some cool stuff for you to see and watch ^^

<h3>Grizzly Tank</h3>

cfehunter has valiantly been unwrapping and texturing the Grizzly Tank. Here are the results of two days of almost solid work. He stayed up all last night to get the texture finished so big big props to him. I think it has turned out really well and it is cfehunter's best texture so far :) Of course with APB doing camo variants we may as well follow suit so we have included four camo variants :o

GrizzlyX42-1.jpgGrizzlyX4-1.jpg

<h3>Ore Extractor Drill</h3>

dtrngd has been busy at work animating the ore extractor drill that will feature on most maps. The animation has been tweaked to a fine art and the sound fits perfectly (although more sound will be added later and timing for the drilling interval will probably be shortened). Take a look below. When I first saw this video I really couldn't believe how atmospheric the sounds made it. Check it out.

<h3>GI (Subject to Change) and Sandbags</h3>

Here is something that I have been keeping back for a while. From the Verge of Armageddon Assets, we have the GI. The GI is the basic infantry for the Allied Faction, he starts off with a Machine Pistol/SMG weapon which is not as good as the Soviet Conscript's PPSH. However, at the push of a button the GI deploys into some sandbags. He is immobile at this point but he is able to use a much more powerful weapon that has a greater range and pwer than the PPSH. This makes the GI deadly as they can fortify positions particularly well. Although the GI deploys, we are unsure whether we should allow a little bit of movement so that the GI is never totally stationary. Here is the model of the GI ( by the VoA team) and the sandbags (by our very own rm5248).

GI-1.jpgGI2-1.jpg

GIback-1.jpgGIside-1.jpg

gisandbags-1.jpg

<h3>Bluehell Group</h3>

There are only five more days to audition for Operation L.E.G.O! Audition here now or else you will miss out on this great opportunity!

<h3>Team Notices</h3>

I'm off to get my haircut today D: Also I completed rigging the Soviet Starshina for APB. Only the medic to finish off now :) I also joined the Taco Empire Clan :)

cfehunter has decided that overnight texturing may not be a good thing healthwise. :D

Ric suffered a PC meltdown but it has now been stabilised.

danpaul88 is helping APB by getting the tech scanner ready for use.

Eggman891 is rigging up rocket launchers like nobody's buisness.

dtrngd is away til Friday.

NeptuneUK hs joined us to compose som songs for use in AR. Expect some awesome tracks being played on our maps from the mastermind behind Hell March 3 and Act On Instinct 2.

Nameme99 is juggling APB rigging as well as managing the Scud Storm mod.

drunkill is going to try out some texturing for us, starting with the Ore Extractor Drilll.

Poggel is working on the Tesla Trooper's gun. It's looking great so far.

Chevy787 is unwrapping the IFV ready for texturing.

Soviet_Deso is texturing up the Chrono Miner for us. We should have a lot of stuff textured by the end of the holidays ready for testing. We need infantry though, I may have to resort to mishmashing what we have to make new infantry or even borrowing some of the APB infantry for placeholders. D:

<h3>We are done</h3>

Same time next week :)

Guest king23sun

awsomeness even though i dident read or watch anything :p

Edit:Read all everything is awsomeness just like i said b4 i read anything

Guest TruYuri

All the Grizzly textures look 100% fucking awesome, but the one with the number 23 (the whitish one) is by far my favorite. This is built and textured for ingame sex.

Extractor was great, that'll be a great asset so we feel more into the RA2 Environment. :D

GI obviously needs a bit of detailing, but otherwise it's great.

GI looks kinda funny, like some cartoony electricien.

The Grizzly looks great.

AR is going for a sort of comical approach, sort of like TF2, but not that obvious. Which i think is a very interesting direction for the mod which will set it apart from APB and reborn on the graphical levels, making it more interesting.

I've been awaiting a nice texture for the grizzly from the moment I saw the model, good job there cfehunter, keep up the work.

Guest idebo

AR is going for a sort of comical approach, sort of like TF2, but not that obvious. Which i think is a very interesting direction for the mod which will set it apart from APB and reborn on the graphical levels, making it more interesting.

I've been awaiting a nice texture for the grizzly from the moment I saw the model, good job there cfehunter, keep up the work.

Oooh, right... I missed that part. :D

Guest Iamrecognized

Great job.

And of course AR looks a bit more surreal and cartoonyish... thats the whole feel of RA2. If it wasn't that way, I would feel a bit annoyed.

Guest Chronojam

I really like the drill, the Renegade team dropped the ball with the blossom-tree-free tiberium fields all over, and animations that were not well thought out or implemented.

Guest Mendoza

That warning signal is so awesome, i can't wait to have infantry fights and tank battles around that!

As for the camo, good idea. White one owns.

The GI looks indeed kinda... funny :p

Question: When you are getting damaged, will you spout voice lines like the infantry did in RA2?

That warning signal is so awesome, i can't wait to have infantry fights and tank battles around that!

As for the camo, good idea. White one owns.

The GI looks indeed kinda... funny :p

Question: When you are getting damaged, will you spout voice lines like the infantry did in RA2?

The conscript will shout "Mommy!" and the Rocketeer with "There's too much flak!" etc.

Guest Nightmare24148

Those Grizzlies ARE pretty! The Desert and Urban schemes remind me of Eden and Plymouth from Outpost 2...dunno.

And I notice you guys already are using the DX9 shaders/etc :D.

Those Grizzlies ARE pretty! The Desert and Urban schemes remind me of Eden and Plymouth from Outpost 2...dunno.

And I notice you guys already are using the DX9 shaders/etc :D.

Of course. We have been using the shaders for a while now :)

Guest Westy543

Nice work on the Grizzly textures. My preference is in the top left one. They're all great though.

When you say limited movement... you mean like the GI puts down sandbags, and then he can move about 1-2 steps inside?