Blog 40 (01/08/07)

Guest -SF-Ivan the Terrible

i never expected the ore fields to have so much detailed work put into. i will probably get entertained while playing by just staring at the drill.

Guest r315r4z0r

i never expected the ore fields to have so much detailed work put into. i will probably get entertained while playing by just staring at the drill.

ditto

Guest Raven

i cant wait for this, seriously, this is sex..... so uh, is the apb/ar team and the reborn team trying to wait for a tripple release or something? lol

Yuri's team is going to be an extra if we really feel like doing it, and there's 0% chance of it being in release 1

You won't see Yuri for a while, if at all. But the soviets do have a Yuri unit so you will see him in that sence.

Guest =NX=VinGummi2

You won't see Yuri for a while, if at all. But the soviets do have a Yuri unit so you will see him in that sence.

but IF you at any time do add a yuri side will you then remove yuri(along with the other buildings and structures he took with him in YR) from the soviet side?

but IF you at any time do add a yuri side will you then remove yuri(along with the other buildings and structures he took with him in YR) from the soviet side?

Of course.

Guest Xenon560

so i technically this isnt Yuris Revenge its just Red Alert 2 then y are there units tht were only in the expansion pack like the Batlle Fortress or Guardian GI

so i technically this isnt Yuris Revenge its just Red Alert 2 then y are there units tht were only in the expansion pack like the Batlle Fortress or Guardian GI

Thats Allies and Soviets, not Yuri's side. we are including the extra units for their relevant sides.

ok here's the (terrible) cover story:

The mod is set at the time just before yuri left the soviet union, all the new units have just been put into field testing and the yuri clones are still part of the soviet union.

The allies still have robot tanks because even tho yuri isnt his own army yet, soviet psychic forces are still a big threat.

Guest =NX=VinGummi2

and there is a little "hole" in that story, as yuri left that soviets in the last few missions of the soviet campaign but there soviet hadn't got any of those buildings they got in YR

Guest Xenon560

the story could be after the soviet mission but before yuris revenge where soviets could be researching all their new technology but yuri hasnt quite made his army yet and is still hiding.

the story could be after the soviet mission but before yuris revenge where soviets could be researching all their new technology but yuri hasnt quite made his army yet and is still hiding.

It's all correct in the canon of the universe but we don't need an actual story until we decided to do a singleplayer mode.

Guest =NX=VinGummi2

but as I said Soviet did NOT have any yuri's in the last mission(s) and they didn't had any new tech either.

Conclusion Soviet lost all form of Yuri BEFORE they got the new tech

Guest cmatt42

but as I said Soviet did NOT have any yuri's in the last mission(s) and they didn't had any new tech either.

Conclusion Soviet lost all form of Yuri BEFORE they got the new tech

I don't see how that contradicts what he said.

Guest =NX=VinGummi2

CnC Rules said the AR story could be After RA2 but before YR, but by having yuri it has to be before RA2 ends as they leave soviets in some of the last missions, where having the YR tech it needs to be AT LEAST after RA2 ends.

CnC Rules said the AR story could be After RA2 but before YR, but by having yuri it has to be before RA2 ends as they leave soviets in some of the last missions, where having the YR tech it needs to be AT LEAST after RA2 ends.

There is no mention in the Allied Campaign of this, only in the Soviet Campaign which isn't the one that leads to Yuri's Revenge.

Romanov gets killed in the Soviet Campaign, but not in the Allied one so the campaigns can't be interlaced either.

Guest nimbus

An idea for a cover story: New technology was brought in from the future using a chronoshpere. It was in such short supply that it had only reached the testing grounds before yuri split from the soviets. The scirmishes in Apocalypse rising was within these testing grounds.

I haven't really thought it through, but it seems a reasonable enough cover story.

Another one: The soviets capture one of yuri's cloning facilities.

Also, in RA2, it was called "Yuri", not a clone...

Guest Kakashi

Who cares for a cover story, it get's obsolete the second the yuri-faction get's ingame anyway. Also it's not important that it's 100% canon, it's just multiplayer. Canon is for singleplayer.