Blog 115 (08/01/09)

Welcome to this week's blog. We've got some stuff to show off to you this week that I think it pretty exciting. Keep reading to find out.

<h3>New Camoflages</h3>

TheBeerinator has been working on getting the camoflages for the soviet side finalised. This will make everything easier to texture later on. With this, the terror drone will be recieving some model updates a new texture, although it may just have one camo (urban) compared to the other units which boast four.

Here is an image of the newly fixed up camos, sported by the Flak Track!

flak-1.jpg

<h3>Allied Barracks Textured</h3>

TheBeerinator has also finished up the Allied Barracks! This building being completed signifies a major milestone in development as we actually have our first fully textured structure! Expect to see it in upcoming tests and such as well as in the final release.

Images below.

cabinets.jpgfusebox.jpg

trunk.jpg

<h3>Mystery Vehicle Revealed!</h3>

Remember the mystery vehicle from a few days ago? Well the wait is over, and I am happy to tell you that it is the base for our new IFV model, modelled by me.

The old model had quite a nasty mesh, so I decided to redo it. It's looking more like the RA2 IFV as well as featuring a fully-rotating turret now!

Image below.

NewStuff6-1.png

<h3>Team Messages</h3>

My pc is finally working as it should so I am back to normal as work goes. I'm back at uni on sunday.

cfehunter is back to college this week or next.

Lord_Kane and I will be attempting the podcast this week, if not next week.

Remember to vote on the moddb page!

Congrats to Chronojam who just had a really good job interview! Fingers crossed that it all shows up good. :D

<h3>OWA's Random Corner</h3>

The intro to one of the most rediculous animes known to man!

Fist of the North Star!

<center><object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9nnGDQYGBYg&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param'>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9nnGDQYGBYg&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9nnGDQYGBYg&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object></center>

<h3>Ka-Cha</h3>

Next week, my friends, next week!

Guest gtp0rong

The textures look a bit high-res. I think some people may have trouble with them.

It will be fine, that's what the APB textures look like on high graphics, also, great blog and looks like thebeerinator was worth the investment :D

Guest Deadpikle

Yeah, get those textured buildings ingame. Its hard to find your way around when its all gray xD

oh, and new ifv is =D

Edited by Deadpikle

Guest AdrwIvrsn

The IFV was tricky because you did not say you would add the piece inbetween the front and back tires, so we kept thinking of other things. :D

And congrats on finishing the Barracks! I can't wait to see the Soviet Barracks get finished too (or some other building if for some odd reason you decide to halt making the Soviet Barracks).

I also can't wait for the podcast, and learn about your tea drinking preferences.

Those new flak track camos look amazing, Beer has done it again!!!

New IFV model was needed and it looks awesome and no more back barrels stopping you lol

Love the barracks internals, very nice job!

Another great blog guys! Keep it up!

Guest Pyrodaimon

Excellent blog. Good to know Allied Barr is basically complete now. Any chance of fully seeing it both outdoors and indoors in the next blog?

Just out of curiousity, how many times have you guys done, undone and redone the Flack Truck's model and textures by now?

Be patient. :D

These will be your last moments.

Excellent blog. Good to know Allied Barr is basically complete now. Any chance of fully seeing it both outdoors and indoors in the next blog?

Just out of curiousity, how many times have you guys done, undone and redone the Flack Truck's model and textures by now?

These will be your last moments.

We redid the model once and now the texture once.

Guest Pyrodaimon

We redid the model once and now the texture once.

Well they certainly seem to be many more considering that the Flak Truck has featured several times in the AR blogs.

Well they certainly seem to be many more considering that the Flak Truck has featured several times in the AR blogs.

Updates don't account for re-hashes.