Blog #52

Guest -FW-Wolf

Guest -FW-Wolf

Hello and welcome to blog 52! Its been 1 year since i started writing these blogs and what a year it has been, but now for that blog.

BFD_Caladan

We have been doing alot of testing of our latest build and here some of what we have done on Caladan!

Hey, check out this video. I thought you might like to watch it.

BFD_Caladan

This video brought to you by Zack(MathK1LL) of Neo Games

Or watch it here.

BFD_SandTrap

Along with testing on Caladan we have been testing on SandTrap aswell, take a look at what we got up to!

Hey, check out this video. I thought you might like to watch it.

BFD_SandTrap

This video brought to you by Zack(MathK1LL) of Neo Games

Or watch it here.

Harkonnen Infantry

Scout

Description

The Scout is the fastest infantry on field, he can cover large amounts of ground in seconds. He is equipped with a pistol and binoculars (what more does a cheap scout need?). The Scout is also stealthed so he can survey the field without any hassel, and for that reason he does not have any C4. His binoculars are very good when it comes to spotting incoming enemies and can also see stealthed units.

How to use

The Scout is great for early lookouts and to check for those first dump rushes, their binoculars can see stealth, so just watch out for thos Atreides APCs and Fremen!

Light Infantry

Description

These troops are lightly armoured and nimble. Armed with a chain gun, pistol and timed C4 they are the standard infantry got the Harkonnen. Harded infantry from Giedi Prime, a industral waste land where they are only taken by power and strength. Where their armies ranks are raised by lower ranks killing their officers and captains.

How to use

The Harkonnen light infatry are best at close range due to their chain guns which just spray and pray, but are powerful, but can't really hit anything at a far range. Using your tanks to trap other infantry into infantry cover so you can move in and spray them to death.

Rocket Trooper

Description

The Rocket Trooper is very affective against vehicles and air craft, and fairly good against infantry. They are slow moving units having to carry around a large rocket launcher, but their rockets aren't as strong as the Atreides rockets but are able to move and shoot unlike the Atreides. They are you're best form of anti air aswell.

How to use

The rocket trooper is best for a tank ambuse in the middle of the dunes, using rock cover or just a dune itself to cover yourself from fire you can make short work of them. They are also great for hidding in your base and takig out incoming rushes and air attacks. They are also very good at slowing down your enemies money intake by killing their carryalls for their harvesters.

Engineer

Description

The Engineer is the main base blowing, building repairing, mine laying infantry. He is the base form of defence when it comes to it, repairing is a major part of gameplay. If you do not repair your base will die and the game will be over very quickly, simple as and its a great way of getting points and money. He is armed with 2 remote c4, 2 timed c4 and some mines for good measure. At the moment he is what will be repairing your infantry and vehicles aswell.

How to use

The best way to use your Engineer is to repair your base. Inside of the buildings and find the weakpoint/MCT (not decided yet either). You can lay mines inside your base and buildings as a form of defence to keep our tanks or infantry. His C4 is very good at taking out large structures at its weakest part, his C4 is handy against vehicles aswell. A good tactic is to have a APC rush with a few engineers in with some other units to try and take out a building, they are also really useful for healthing your vehicles and infantry.

Flame-Thrower Infantry

Description

The Flame-Thrower Infantry is armed with a flamethrower, pistol and timed C4. He is very affective against all kinds of infantry and does some desent damage against tanks. He is a slow moving infantry due to having heavy gas tanks on his back so he has plently of gas to burn his enemies with. When hes dies, his gas tanks explode and might kill near by allies and enemies.

How to use

He is very much like the Harkonnenlight infantry, great at close range, in a tunnel or even for rushing in after enemies that have just entered your building(s), the best way to clear them out is with your flamerthrower. It has burning affect aswell, so after you're clip is dry, pull your pistol and finish them off.

Some History

Well its been one since we set out and took over Battle for Dune and we have come along way in such a small amount of time.

It all started when cnc95fan took the mod over from laeubi, it was just sitting there unfinshed and open for anyone to download. Back then cuddling was a mapper for the mod, Aydeybek as a modeler, Bullet.Design as a modeler and semi skinner and I was PR. About a month later into the mod I was then made Leader along side cnc95fan and also started mapping. We were set but one thing was missing, we needed some sort of name for ourselves. So me and cnc95fan started to think about a Production name, then i suggested Final Warriors (seeing as i was/am in the Final Wariors clan) and it seemed like a good name so we stuck with it!

We started to get in touch with the guys over at Dune2k where the guys loved us and our models, we alot got asectio on MP-Gaming. Some other members had joined by then too, TruYuri (who left after some words were spoken), cuddling got too busywith other things and had to leave as a mapper but stayed on as a tester, wciow joined us but left wthout a trace but he helped us out A LOT (without him, we'd have no infantry at all.) R34ch also joined us as a mapper but his work over at APB got bigger and had to leave, but he is still a tester. reborn was our coder and a damn good one at that. I would like to personally thank One_Winged_Angel (Ben) for everything he has done for me over the years i have been in the APB community and started to follow AR, it has helped me in so many ways and I still need to repay the favor... Somehow lol.

Killakanz also returned from the past (he was one of the founders of the mod back in 2003) and has stepped in to help now and then and we owe him a lot, thanks man. Danpaul88 as helped us out too with some small things, but it all helps, LR01 has joined us a modeler and rigger aswell and we owe him a lot seeing as he has many so many models for us and not to mention made our vehicles work! Fluffly-Opossum as also helped us out with some texturing and modeling. -FW-White has helped us out a great deal with webhosting, FTP hosting, the name for our productions, our site, our current Ordos vehicle icons and a lot more gfx work.

We have been through a lot, losing so many skilled modders but also finding new ones that have helped us along the way. We have had a great, fun year and we have many more to come! I hope everyone who follows this mod will continue to do so and to have faith in us to deliver a true E:BFD FPS mod.

Thanks for all your support and for the comments on Moddb, it all makes us want to continue what are we doing more and to get this done faster to get it to you!

Another blog...

Well thats it for our 1 year blog, I hope you liked it and didn't get boed after way through, see you next week!