Hello and welcome to blog 73, sorry about no blog last week, i have been very busy with my new job.

Construction Yard

LR01 has been busy modeling up the interiors of our new Harkonnen Con Yard, its coming along nicely!

(Note: some textures are not final.)

U4-1241861602.jpg

And yes we are having HUD issues at the moment.

Sandy Pass

With Sandy Pass having such a large open area, i thought i would try something new with it, something i had always really wanted to do but wasn't too sure of.

Here are some new Dunes i have been working on!

U4-1241861776.jpg

U4-1241861849.jpg

As you can see they are not quite there yet.

Harkonnen Vehicles

I have given ChAoS our Harkonnen Vehicles to rig, he is almost finished with the Assault Tanks and has the Missile Tank and Flamer Tank to do, Along with the Inkvine Catapult.

Some of these should be ready for next week!

Team Notices

My new job is taking up much of my time but i still find time for BFD :)

cnc95fan has got regetta this weekend

LR01 is back to school next week but will still be able to help us

gtp0rong is back at school but will be finishing up some more 2D stuff soon

ChAoS is busy rigging up our Harkonnen vehicles!

I like pancakes...

But waffles are better!

Guest rs4015

i'm looking forward to that map

suggestion: depressions in the flat areas instead of dunes . and the walls/cliffs be a bit higher(the ones on the sides of the map , and then make another wall/cliff behind it to give it a cool feel

side note , can u make this map for reborn/scudstorm when you're done making it into something awesome for bfd?

Guest SGMax76549
i'm looking forward to that map

depressions in the flat areas instead of dunes

can u make this map for reborn/scudstorm when you're done making it into something awesome for bfd?

How about keeping dunes now, but adding rocks and explosion-tarnished ground in Reborn/Scud, explaining the depressions?

Guest rs4015

u ever seen a desert?, there is no such thing as flat ground, everything goes up and down, i am a bit afraid of the polycount that goes into making dunes

Guest Gork

Sure there are flat areas in deserts, but theyre not big nor are they frequent. Precisely the reason tanks dont really help on skirmishes in deserts :)

Now in max's idea of rocks does fit with dune because some of the maps in both E:BFD and the older Dune games had areas covered in rocky outcrops, take this pic for example: http://www.photos-libye.com/sahara-akakus/...rres-sable.html.

Ive never seen a more dune looking rocky area in another picture :D

Would be great to see a map like this sometime.