APB wont load

Portalpine

On 2/15/2021 at 8:45 PM, Portalpine said:

Hi

I'm trying to load A Path Beyond and the game just won't launch. Reborn and Imperial Apex work fine but APB just sends me straight back to the hub launcher.

Have you tried running it as Admin and/or compadability mode by chance?

1 hour ago, Threve said:

Have you tried running it as Admin and/or compadability mode by chance?

The launcher already runs as admin (since we haven't been able to decouple the install process yet and it's almost impossible to launch a process with lower privileges from one with higher privileges). Compatibility mode is not necessary. I'm betting on anti-virus blocking it for whatever reason (particularly AVG seems to dislike our game).

@Portalpine Have you had any luck getting your game to run? If your AV software is not the problem, then start by trying to launch the game in Single Player and see if it runs that way. If not, that narrows down the possibilities. Also look in the C:\Users\USER\Documents\W3D Hub\games\apb-release\debug folder and see if the problem is creating crashdumps. If so, please compress at least one of them into a zip file and upload them here so that we can investigate further.