Blog 74 (26/03/08)

Guest Steppo

Fucking HELL, OWA! I told you that AR should be cel-shaded. Now you've done gone and TEASED us with cel-shaded RENDERS followed by less-than-awesome in-game TEXTURED SCREENSHOTS.

Fucking OWA!!!!!! :D:) :)

Fucking HELL, OWA! I told you that AR should be cel-shaded. Now you've done gone and TEASED us with cel-shaded RENDERS followed by less-than-awesome in-game TEXTURED SCREENSHOTS.

Fucking OWA!!!!!! :D:) :)

Haha Steppo. I'm kinda thinking of putting forward the option of having two differant clients that will work with each other. One with the cel shaded textures, one without. So people could choose what they wanted.

Guest Kakashi

That's a nice idea, but how does ren take cel-shading? I mean even if it works, don't we have to script it in again? Would take a lot of resources ingame, wouldn't it? I wouldn't mind that of course, if you can make it I'm all for it.

That's a nice idea, but how does ren take cel-shading? I mean even if it works, don't we have to script it in again? Would take a lot of resources ingame, wouldn't it? I wouldn't mind that of course, if you can make it I'm all for it.

If it's not doable via 3dsmax materials, it's doable via textures. This will have no affect on FPS as it will not use any graphics scripts.

What exactly is cel shading actually?

Cel shading is a comic book/cartoon style of 3d graphics which focuses on blocks of colour edged with big black outlines.

Guest =NX=VinGummi2

Cel shading is a comic book/cartoon style of 3d graphics which focuses on blocks of colour edges with big black outlines.

yeah well I found it at that link glaedr gave, but thanks anyway