Blog 114 (04/01/09)

Welcome to 2009 comrades! I have a feeling that this year will be really productive.

Basically, this blog is late due to new years and all of that kind of stuff. I didn't have much to show but now I have a few things to update you guys on.

<h3>Camoflage Changes</h3>

TheBeerinator has been working on the Allied Barracks, but has also been working on getting the camoflage for each faction's vehicles to look unique in their own way. He has a made a pallet for the camos which will be posted up on wednesday when it has been finalised. Basically we are going to be making the soviets less blue and more grey in terms of urban camo, but then maybe using the RA3 soviet greens for the forest camo and darkening the desert and snow camos.

More on this on wednesday.

<h3>Q&A Podcast & Moddb Awards</h3>

Lord_Kane and I have decided that the podcast will be recorded next week, so all your burning questions will be answered! Bearing in mind that I may not be able to answer some of the questions, since I don't fully know some of the answers myself yet xD

dtrngd may also be joining me, so you'll get two AR devs, in the firing line, for the price of one.

Also, the moddb awards have started, so make sure you pop over to our moddb page and help us move towards the top!

I'm just gonna recycle the campaign image that I've been using since ever :D

Apocalypserising_iwantyou.png

Whilst you are there, don't forget to vote for our mighty sister project, Red Alert: A Path Beyond.

<h3>New Model</h3>

I've begun to model something new for Apocalypse Rising, but I'll leave it up to you guys to guess what it is :)

NewStuff-1.png

<h3>End</h3>

You'll get a proper sized blog on wednesday with all of the relevant sections, but here's something to keep you going until then. :)

Guest Lt Albrecht

Reminds me of the TS amphibious APC so I'll go for some sort of APC.

Other stuff:

Epic blarg

APB and AR FTW

No stupid RA3 schemes please, greens like that ok, just make it not too silly

Guest Deadpikle

Yeah, that doesn't look like a normal RA2 vehicle that I can think of. I need to play ra2 again, I've been too busy with apb and RA3 :p

It does look like some sort of APC.

I voted =D

Guest Glaedr

I think its a new IFV. I think I remember hearing something about the current model needing to be replaced for some reason, but I could be wrong. Plus, an IFV is the only thing in RA2 that had a wheel set-up like that, IIRC.

Guest AdrwIvrsn

Did I hear camouflage?! I love to make camouflage, and am (or was) trying to develop ones practical for real life. I would have loved to help but Beer's doin' it.

Anyways, here's an example of one of my designs:

Woodlandcamo3aflecktarned.jpg

As for the RA3 green, I think what he means is a bright olive green color that is common with communistic countries. It looks like this color.

Last, that looks like an IFV, but I bet you're trying to pull a surprise.

Edited by AdrwIvrsn

Guest Glaedr

Of the "new" units that were released with YR, you can dis-count all of them. Off of the top of my head, they were the Battle Fortress, Siege Chopper, all of Yuri's vehicles, Robot Tanks, and the Spy Plane. The Spy plane can be counted out, along with the Siege Chopper, because they fly. Robot tanks hover, and have no wheels. The Battle Fortress is tracked, not wheeled. Yuri's faction is not gonna be in this mod from what I remember, and the only Yuri units that have wheels that I can remember, the Gatling tank and the Chaos Drone, have one too many or one too few axles respectively to be that model. In fact, the only units in the game that have three axles and 6 wheels set up with one axle set kinda apart from the others like that are the Allied MCV and the Allied IFV. That model seems too short to be the MCV, so it has to be the IFV.

New IFV because it has the back for it and the jumbo wheels... Or it could be a Battlefortress :x

Will the Flak Trooper work like the Flak Track? Will he get any other secondary Abilities?

Will the planes fly like the scud storm planes? ( i know they won't be fixed wing due to verticle take off)

Guest cnc95fan

The only problem with it being an IVF is that it has no metal plate in between the 1st and 2nd wheels...

ivf.jpg

I personally think it might be the back part of a V3 :D

Guest Tsumetai

The only problem with it being an IVF is that it has no metal plate in between the 1st and 2nd wheels...

ivf.jpg

I personally think it might be the back part of a V3 :D

Thank you. Now I'm convinced it's the IFV. First off, it's a WIP, so he probably hasn't gotten to that plate yet. There is, however, a gap between the first and second wheel, a pattern only the IFV has.

Guest Lt Albrecht

Meh, maybe it is an IFV after all.

More importantly.

Will there be any guardian GIs?

Allies need AT infantry.

GI=AP/standard

Dog=100% AP

Rocketeer=partially AP, shoddy against anything but Kirovs vehicle wise

SEAL=100% AP

Tanya=100% AP

Chrono legionaire=High tech, same-ish against tanks and inf, more health=more erase time.

Edited by Lt Albrecht

Guest Kakashi

Guardian GIs are in for all I know (since they use Yuri's Revenge as base for the tech tree). Also Tanya cannot just blow buildings, but vehicles as well (with special anti-vehicle C4).

Guest Lt Albrecht
Err... forgetting about blowing up buildings are we?

No, I never made any mention of anti-structure benefits of any of them :p

And Tanya can only C4 Tanks in YR, not standard RA2, it'd also be a bit unbalanced.

I hope there are guardian GIs, I want to use assault rifle and Bazooka (inis say it's same as GI's weapon, ingame it looks like a GI deployed MG).

No, I never made any mention of anti-structure benefits of any of them :p

And Tanya can only C4 Tanks in YR, not standard RA2, it'd also be a bit unbalanced.

I hope there are guardian GIs, I want to use assault rifle and Bazooka (inis say it's same as GI's weapon, ingame it looks like a GI deployed MG).

Read up on the blogs you will find that this game uses all the YR tech for allies and soviets and pretty much any features as well.