Blog 130 (29/04/09)

Guest A_Mustang
Or just give it a gun like RA2. The real benefit is getting to the other base faster.

and give them a free IFV?

Ivan IFVs... Tesla IFVs... BORIS IFVs... (dunno what that would do though)

IFVs are too good to hand over to the enemy just to get a spy in.

IFVs aren't that much of a loss, they'll be fast but they will also have paper thin armour, don't try taking on a tank or a tesla trooper with an ifv.....

however if your playing against cuba..... just don't get out of your IFV unless you're right next to a pillbox or you may have super fast mini demo trucks on your hands.

Guest Pyrodaimon

Or just give it a gun like RA2. The real benefit is getting to the other base faster.

Then the spy would drop the IFV somewhere next to the door of a soviet structure. Isn't that too much like the Tanya+ranger tactic in APB?

I think the Spy-IFV should have the holo-disguise.

Edited by Pyrodaimon

Guest Black-Cloak

I have ideas on how the chrono legionier's wepon could work. (assuming this may be possible).

The weapon doesn't fire unless an enemy is within range,when your nuetron gun hits an enemy,both you and your enemy will be stunned. You will not be able to "unstun yourself" while erasing the enemy and you cannot stop the erasing process. (this prevents stopping and starting the process to hold back the war miner for as long as you want) After a while your enemy will be erased. The goal is to teleport in and destroy lone units,as you will be completely defenceless while erasing a unit. A killing a chrono legioneir erasing your war miner will be like disarming a C4 that isn't being guarded (except any unit can kill a stunned chrono legionier).

Stun weapons are possible as seen in CNC Reborn's Cyborg reaper net video,perhaps you can combine this with some kind of beacon that has 3 different explosions that work like this,first beacon 5seconds kills off most infantry caught in legioneir beam,second beacon 15seonds kills off V3s,flacktracks,along with thier pilots,ect.

Guest Pyrodaimon

We already showed a video of the CLEG gun working in a blog years ago, I went around and erased several enemy bots.

Requesting link, please.

Can't find the video now, I suspect it was one of the early ones hosted on the (now offline) LMSBC site and was never uploaded to ModDB. I know OWA has some of the older videos though, so perhaps he will upload it somewhere for you as I no longer have a copy of it.