Blog 152 (01/10/09)

Hey guys, welcome to this week's blog. Slightly late again I'm sad to say, but I couldn't stay at my desk whilst my friend was celebrating his birthday. However, here it is now!

<h3>Oil Derrick</h3>

So our old Oil Derrick model was a bit... well.... old. So Guy with a wrench has made a new one! This will fit in line with the other tech buildings that he has done previously. Only the Secret Lab to go by my record :D

Take a look below.

OilDerrick1-1.jpgOilDerrick2-1.jpg

For those of you who haven't been keeping an eye on proceedings, the engineer character on each faction will be able to capture these special tech buildings that are dotted around the maps. They provide bonuses for your team. For example, the Tech Oil Derrick provides additional funds for your team. Tech buildings are handy, so keep an eye out for them. Also, it gives you more of an incentive to become an engineer.

<h3>Dumplings</h3>

Remember a few weeks back when I was showing you guys the War Miner? Well, now I have gotten the model to the stage where an ore dumping animation can be made. That's right! The War Miner will deposit it's lovely load of ore by tipping it out into the main pit ready for transport into the refinery itself.

Take a look at the pretty pictures I have below!

WarMinerDump-1.pngWarMinerDump2-1.png

WARGHMINERGH-1.jpg

<h3>So where do you suppose the War Miner goes?</h3>

dtrngd has been working on a few teaser screenies for you guys. I shall say no more and show only pictures...

refteaser_V-1.pngrefteaser_V2-1.png

<h3>Team Messages</h3>

So I actually started university again this week and it looks like this year will rock. Facial modelling, 3d animation, Advanced Unreal 3, 2d texturing and making a game in Unreal 3. the game is called Rift Hunter and it's about fighting a race of highly evolved wolves that are attempting to use the past to make the human race extinct. It's cool stuff.

cfehunter actually paid for megavideo.

dtrngd has been reffing all week.

danpaul88 has been going over the recent changes to scripts 4.0 (as listed in one of the last APB Blogs) and fixing any errors that may occur.

TheBeerinator has been doing something with Soviet pt's. Nothing has been shown yet since he is a busy boy.

Eggman891 has been finding his drinking limits.

The rest of the team are gearing up for a conflab.

Our buddies over at Renegade X released their first public beta yesterday. Version 0.35. Check it out here!

<h3>We're Looking For...</h3>

We are looking for extra staff members to join our ranks!

At the moment we are looking for:

<h4>2d Artists</h4>

<h4>3d Model Artists</h4>

What we are looking for in either a 2d or 3d artist, is someone who:

• is enthusiastic about working with the BHP Apocalypse Rising Team.
  • has spare time.
  • will be active in the foreseeable future (a.k.a we don't want you running off).
  • is competent at creating their own 2d textures or 3d models in 3d Studio Max/Maya.
  • is over the age of 16 (we overlook this if you are what we assess to be a mature individual. This rule is known as the TruYuri rule).

PM me with your application stating why you would like to join the team along with any past experience. Please provide example textures or models, if you have any.

<h3>OWA's Random Corner</h3>

Billy Mays orders McDonalds! Legend!

<center><object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object></center>

<h3>Til next Wednesday...</h3>

...providing something doesn't happen to keep me from typing.

That new Tech OD looks awesome, very nice work. The new miner looks even more epic with it's back dumping ore!!! And that Refinery just keeps on getting better and better.

Great one guys, keep it up!

Guest BigCheese256

/me captures an Oil Derrick

WIN! :)

j/k lol. Nice blog. And again, it will feel good to have AI controlled Ore Trucks shooting you. :D

Guest Michael_sama

Oil derricks, war miners, and screen shots--all right. You probably thought I was going to write something else, but I didn't.

The wait for the update was worth it though.