Blog 160 (25/11/09)

Hey guys! This week we have been doing lots and lots of stuff! So here comes a big treat!

Look below for some stuff!

<h3>Allied Barracks Minor Weakpoint: The Fusebox</h3>

danpaul88, Occult and dtrngd have been hard at work scripting, rigging and adding emmitters to the minor weakpoint for the Allied Barracks, the fusebox.

When the fusebox is destroyed, infantry purchases and refills will become unavailable until it is repaired back to full health again. This could be used to counter allied advanced infantry when you are attacking the allied base.

For example, you are in a rhino tank attacking the pillbox, but there is a pesky Guardian GI respawning to constantly attack you. A crazy Ivan walks into the barracks and destroys the fusebox for a quick temporary solution to the Guardian GI that is camping the base, since that player won't be able to re-buy the GGI until the fusebox has been repaired. This game mechanic is in place to stop the home side from having too much of a home advantage.

Anyway, here is not one, but two videos of the fusebox in action ingame and it's emitters respectively.

<center>

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

The minor weakpoint scripts in action as set up by our very own danpaul88!

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Emitters for the fuse box. Set up by Occult and dtrngd!</center>

<h3>Allied Pliers</h3>

Need to disarm a bomb? Not to worry, cfehunter has the solution for you! The Allied Pliers will be standard issue for all Engineers and Technicians. It has been reported that some bold technicians have actually used their pliers beyond the grounds of bomb disposal, with lethal consequences. So don't let them get to close soviets! You may be in for a nasty nip!

All you need to figure out is whether it's the red wire or the green wire...

<center><embed width="600" height="361" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowFullscreen="true" allowNetworking="all" wmode="transparent" src="http://static.photobucket.com/player.swf?file=http://vid38.photobucket.com/albums/e136/cfehunter/pliers_ani.flv">

Snip Snip Snip</center>

<h3>Grizzly Tank is Done!</h3>

Guy with a wrench has completed the Grizzly tank's texture! Expect to see it ingame soon! That's all I can really say! I'm loving exclamation marks in this particular section!

Here's a picture!

Grizzlyisdone-1.jpg

Textured Grizzlyness!

!

<h3>Lolwut Miner</h3>

I'm currently unwrapping the Soviet War Miner. While I was doing this I hid a few parts of the model and this was the result.

The Soviets have obviously been thinking about the combat effectiveness of their War Miner, so they've stripped it of all it's mining equipment and turned it into a fast attack vehicle (with chequered flag paint to make it go-faster). This is one of the many prototypes being worked on in the soviet union today. God bless the USSR.

lolwutminer-1.png

A marvel of modern soviet engineering.

<h3>Team Messages</h3>

I've been trying to balance my work between AR and University, but expect it to balance more towards uni for a few weeks now. I also got Fallout 3 GotY edition, and it's ace!

cfehunter has been texturing the pliers. Awesome!

dtrngd and Occult have been working on the fusebox. dtrngd has also been working on the IFV and has totally redesigned the rocket turret. More on that next week!

danpaul88 has been working on Alpha 8 patch 3 for the testers. It's gonna rock!

TheBeerinator has been texturing the RPG for APB. It's looking nice.

Guy with a wrench is now moving on to texture the Allied Beretta.

The rest of the team have been working on small bits and pieces.

<h3>We're Looking For...</h3>

We are looking for extra staff members to join our ranks!

At the moment we are looking for:

<h4>2d Artists</h4>

What we are looking for in a 2d artist, is someone who:

• is enthusiastic about working with the BHP Apocalypse Rising Team.
  • has spare time.
  • will be active in the foreseeable future (a.k.a we don't want you running off).
  • is competent at creating their own 2d textures.
  • is over the age of 16 (we overlook this if you are what we assess to be a mature individual. This rule is known as the TruYuri rule).

PM me with your application stating why you would like to join the team along with any past experience. Please provide example textures, if you have any.

<h3>OWA's Random Corner</h3>

A message to game developers everywhere.

If you're not indie....

<center><object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="

type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object></center>

<h3>There we go!</h3>

I'm loving the exclamation marks here too!

!!!!

Guest EVA-251

Nice work. Its too bad the original color scheme (clean steel blue) wasn't among those chosen but oh well.

I guess the Engi pliers will disarm faster than the Techy pliers? (and you aren't serious about pliers being weapons, right?)

Guest MartinMb
It has been reported that some bold technicians have actually used their pliers beyond the grounds of bomb disposal, with lethal consequences. So don't let them get to close soviets! You may be in for a nasty nip!

OUTCH ! Imagine getting killed with a small cutter like that...

Grizli texture is AWESOME so does pliers and fuse box ! LOL at the lolwut miner !

Guest BaneOfSorrows

I can't even begin to tell you how much I love the original RA2 color scheme on that grizzly tank. It makes a world of difference. I will be using that color scheme on every map, 'cause camouflage is overrated.

Guy with a wrench has completed the Grizzly tank's texture! Expect to see it ingame soon! That's all I can really say! I'm loving exclamation marks in this particular section!

Here's a picture!

Grizzlyisdone-1.jpg

Textured Grizzlyness!

!

EPIC Grizzly Tanks!!! :D

Looks like they can just jump out and steamroll over some soviet troopers :)

Edited by ScorchEMD

I guess the Engi pliers will disarm faster than the Techy pliers? (and you aren't serious about pliers being weapons, right?)

You're right. also yes, The pliers will have a minor attack.

cool stuff, bro.

I just wonder - how often this page is updated. I am not noticing any changes for a long time :D

That page is updated every so often, but there is still lots to do before I can start changing the numbers.