Blog 179 (06/05/10)

Hey guys. I’m back! (Just like rumble features on a PS3 controller). I've been away doing various pieces of coursework that I can link to you guys in this blog if you're interested.

Many thanks to Chevy787 and dtrngd who have taken up the slack whilst I've been away; expect to see more blogs from them in the future :3

Anyway, you want content and I’m here to deliver. Cool story; at the time of writing this section, this blog is being written on a train from Peterborough to Birmingham New Street, since I’ve been to visit a friend and I now have a laptop! AR goes mobile! :D

I am a king of procrastination, so lets get to the content while we're still young.

<h3>Conscript Updates</h3>

The conscript is well underway now and, frankly, he needs no more introduction. Currently he's sitting pretty at about 4595 polygons. I've posed him a little differently to how I used to pose infantry that I made. This new pose is known as the “A” pose as opposed to the old “T” pose. It’s a bit of an experiment really, since I don't believe that anyone has tried rigging a w3d in the “A” pose before.

“But what are the advantages?”, I hear you say. Well, for one thing, the “A” pose is a lot more natural than the “T” pose, so the model starts out looking, overall, a lot more human. This also helps with the character is rigged, because you can essentially get more natural looking movements. When this guy gets rigged, we'll find out whether it has paid off or not.

I'm also thinking of re-working the gas mask shown in the image below, so any suggestions/images would be very welcome.

post-1484-1273185374.pngpost-1484-1273185443.png

<h3>Rocketeer Jetpack Update</h3>

Poggel has been modelling up the Rocketeer's jetpack and has posted a few updates since last week's blog. Some simple colouring has been done on the second image, but nothing final yet.

post-1484-1273188211.pngpost-1484-1273188226.png

<h3>Soviet Service Depot</h3>

rm5248 has been working on the Soviet Service Depot. The model is getting very near final, but it will require some accuracy-to-RA2 moderation (which will probably be carried out by dtrngd).

post-1484-1273190929.pngpost-1484-1273190940.png

<h3>Team Messages</h3>

I've been travelling around a bit. I won a Yu-Gi-Oh pre-release tournament in Peterborough which I was chuffed about.

cfehunter has disappeared, I haven't seen him in ages.

dtrngd took the reins whilst I was away and did a pretty good job. Cheers!

danpaul88 has a birthday on Sunday. Wish him well for then :)

rm5248 has been busy with school.

The rest of the team is gearing up for a productive summer!

<h3>OWA's Random Corner</h3>

Wallywood and a few other have been producing a machinima for APB. It's looking great so far, so stay tuned for the videos to come!

<center><object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object></center>

<h3>Finish</h3>

Congratulations you beat the lap record!

and check us out at

http://beyondthepath.cncfps.com/

for news updates and other fun promos

Err, that page just says;

Not Found

Sorry, but you are looking for something that isn't here.

Guessing your site still has some bugs to resolve? The visual design is nice though, well done on that.

Err, that page just says;

Guessing your site still has some bugs to resolve? The visual design is nice though, well done on that.

yeah were having a time with this one :) ....will be up and running soon :D

Guest BigCheese256

Nice photoshop job on the Rocketeer. Just remember that in RA2 the rocketeer is completely white, except for the house-colour areas.

Guest SnowStorm

OMG the conscript is SCARY !!!!

:D i cant wait to shoot him in da face!!

and also thanks OWA for the Shout out

Episode 1 is right around the corner :)

and check us out at

http://beyondthepath.cncfps.com/

for news updates and other fun promos

also

much <3 to Blue Hell Pro. :)

Lol@the radio part :) Nice episode!

Blog is epic tho ;d

Guest DoMiNaNt_HuNtEr

Nice, I can't wait to play this.

For the Conscript gas mask, try to make it look like the mask that the conscript wears in the RA2 sidebar cameo, which I don't think is a true gas mask, but just a cool looking mask, with like a visor and a grill for the mouthpiece; I just remembered it looked cooler than a normal gas mask, which is what you have.

:D

Guest AdrwIvrsn

This is actually the 2nd face out of a randomly selected three. The 1st is the RA2 cameo and concept art type.

Guest TSAR1

Nice job with the Conscript, he looks beastly!

I think a good alternative to the gasmask on the conscript is the PBF Gasmask.

Why? Because it looks pretty intimidating and I believe that it looks close to the Gasmask that the Conscript was wearing in the Sidebar.

But this is only my opinion, anyway keep up the Good Work!

Edited by TSAR1

Guest Xiphias6

I always thought the Conscript in the cameo was wearing a cooking pot as a helmet :/

Maybe you haven't eaten your breakfast/lunch yet :D