Hey there and welcome to blog 109! We've been working very hard over the last two weeks and this is what we have to show for it!

Atreides Repair Tool

For awhile now we have been talking about how Engineers would work, in terms of repairing, capturing and other things. Well we knew we'd use his case for one of these things and with some brainstorming with Eeevil we've come up with something we are all happy with.

The Atreides case concept art.

BFD-CA-ATR_Repair_Kit_Variant_1c-1.png

You pull the plug-thingy out of the briefcase, stick it into the building, open the briefcase and start manually repairing it.

And here are a few WIP renders of it!

ARTRepairToolWIPScreens.jpg

Now while you are hooked upto the building repairing it you won't be able to move or your movement will be very limiting (undecided) otherwise the connection will be lost and you will stop repairing the structure.

Harkonnen Light Infantry

Now we showed off the Harkonnen Light Infantry ingame in the last blog but he was untextured. Thanks to Kiory who modelled him in the first place, he's gone back over the model, cleaned up the mesh and textured this badass! So here is the Harkonnen Light Infantry and I think that Kiory has done an amazing job as always on his guy!

A picture speaks a thousand words, so what does a video do?

Hey, check out this video. I thought you might like to watch it.

Harkonnen Light Infantry

With this guy now textured, we finally have all of our first release infantry finished which is a major milestone for us at Battle for Dune!

Normal Maps

Now LR01 has prepared something for this blog about normal map textures, so here he is!

LR01: At some point, we already used normal mapping but we focused more on other stuff so left it out, now we took a look at them and decided to use it. With the "newest updates" on the engine it is possible to use it, of course it just a option.

Now, how this it looks then?

normalx.jpg

On the left the normal map is applied. Besides normal mapping we also going to use some other effects, like bloom. Just a bit of it though :

normal2s.jpg

Of course, we are working on this so don't worry if it doesn't looks good.

Team Notices

My left wrist is a lot better but still not 100% there yet, also I return to work from a 2 week holiday tomorrow!

LR01 has been busy rigging up the finished Harkonnen Infantry.

cnc95fan is back and able to work.

Fz007 is working on the Atreides Pistol.

Eeevil is busy with the Atreides repair case!

Safety Dance anyone?

An awesome song with an epic video, who doesn't like this?

Hey, check out this video. I thought you might like to watch it.

SAFETY DANCE!

• 4 months later...

Wow I like the Atredies Repair Case. Wish I had one of those for my apartment. The maintenance staff here sux (and steals my panties)

Ha ha ha, that's a great quote right there. My brother does maintenance in apartments, and I doubt that, realistically, you could use a laptop to solve anything. From what I've seen you mostly you need a blowtorch and your hands.