Creating Basic Emitters

moonsense715

Author: Genocide

Skill level: 3

Emitters serve purposes such as the smoke trail for the Rocket Launcher and Tiberium Dust.

Creating a successful emitter is easier than you would of think, all you need is the Renegade Mod Tools which if you dont have you can get here: Renegade Public Tools

After you have got that, browse for the mod folder, which generally is: C:\Program Files\RenegadePublicTools\W3dView, after that you will see W3dview.exe, open that and you should see the following:

image-24-EM01.JPG

After the program is open, select the Emitters tab located at the top menu then choose, Create Emitter, when that happens the following window will open where you will edit all your settings:

image-24-EM02.JPG

Here you shall name you emitter anything you wish, I suggest if you are making a smoke Emitter you leave the Particle Lifetime to 1.000 Secs, for future reference, the longer the Lifetime the longer the Particle Trail.

I have changed the Rendering Mode To: Quad Particles

Now we are going to add a texture to the emitter, you can do so by going to browse and search for a .tga file extension file. (If you have a texture and want to convert it to a .tga file then download advanced paint programs such as Jasc Paintshop Pro, and Adobe Photoshop)

After Selecting, the best shader for a light Smokey texture would be Screen, after selecting that the texture we need to move to the Emission Tab where we will change the Density of the Emitter this is what I have done by editing the Particles, Rate And Creation Volume :

image-24-EM03.JPG

Now, Notice the more dense the emitter has got, now time to move to the Rotation tab, I have skipped a few tabs because they will not necessarily be needed when creating a smoke Emitter, here I have edited rotation to make the emitter look more realistic:

image-24-EM04.JPG

Now we are finished with the Very Basics of creating an emitter , I suggest playing around with this program to find out just what amazing emitters you can make, even ones that have sound attached to them! , I hope I have entered you well into the world of emitter creation, after playing around some more here is my finalised smoke emitter :

image-24-EM05.JPG

Thanks for reading my tutorial and I hope that you become a great emitter creator,

Genocide.