How did you get involved with Command & Conquer?

Since I said a bit in the other thread, here's the full story. When I was 5 or so I found the TD discs in a box we had that was like a 3 game combo pack, with 3D pinball and something else. It was too complicated for my parents (though they liked the pinball) so they let me have it basically (probably not even knowing, what it was, heh). That was my first video game really. I could never get past GDI 3 for the longest time, and then after that could never get past mission 8 or 9 in either campaign until I came back to the game later in life.

I discovered Red Alert because some friends parents had RA2/YR and I was amazed by the graphics. That's a very odd spot to pick up the storyline though, and it left me very confused for a long time (I did not know RA1 existed, nor the fact that the real World Wars were not vs the Soviets at this point :p )

I also had an old gaming magazine that has a big two page ad for TS, and I was always very much in awe of that. Something about being able to build a wall with gates really appealed to younger me, and the proliferation of lasers and mechs in the screenshots. It must have been a very early ad, as it said 'coming soon', and I think I found it in the same general location as I did the TD cds. I used to really like the TS preview video on the extras in TD too, watching that over and over.