Steam Deck + C&C Renegade + latest patch

Go to solution Solved by dblaney1,

Hello everyone.

Anyone had any luck playing C&C Renegade multiplayer/Online

I got the game to run, but no luck installing the w3d luncher+ the latest w3d patch.

https://cncnet.org/renegade

Anyone had luck getting it to work?

• Solution

@ P4L-DK

Hey I have a solution for you if you have the steam version of renegade. Go into desktop mode. Download this file 

https://drive.google.com/file/d/14GemV6x33iVC-1_JmRfjwUuArt-pG7L1/view?usp=drivesdk

Extract and then copy the files. 

In steam right click renegade and click browse local files. Paste and overwrite/write into all the files. Then you can go back to game mode and the game should be good to go. Once you open the game it will automatically download a few updates to get to the latest scripts version. Just click through the installer that comes up. 

For controller settings there is a profile I made called Renegade W3D Hub. You can find it in community layouts. 

Please let me know if this worked for you.

8 hours ago, dblaney1 said:

@ P4L-DK

Hey I have a solution for you if you have the steam version of renegade. Go into desktop mode. Download this file 

https://drive.google.com/file/d/14GemV6x33iVC-1_JmRfjwUuArt-pG7L1/view?usp=drivesdk

Extract and then copy the files. 

In steam right click renegade and click browse local files. Paste and overwrite/write into all the files. Then you can go back to game mode and the game should be good to go. Once you open the game it will automatically download a few updates to get to the latest scripts version. Just click through the installer that comes up. 

For controller settings there is a profile I made called Renegade W3D Hub. You can find it in community layouts. 

Please let me know if this worked for you.

Just so that I understand, is that package just a diff of a pre-installed TT updated environment?

4 hours ago, Einstein said:

Just so that I understand, is that package just a diff of a pre-installed TT updated environment?

Sort of. I had to do a few tweaks to make it install dot net 8.0 the first time you run the game. But yeah overall its just the files from the installer extracted. It will automatically update as normal. 

5 hours ago, dblaney1 said:

Sort of. I had to do a few tweaks to make it install dot net 8.0 the first time you run the game. But yeah overall its just the files from the installer extracted. It will automatically update as normal. 

Gotcha.