Reborn GDI opening game strategies

God damn GDI got wasted quite a few times in the early game cause Nod can deploy bike rushes right at the start of the match. Starting credits are about 600 bucks, right? Same cost as bikes. Maybe the amount of starting credits should be lowered.

On the other hand that's the easy way out. Think! WE MUST THINK! Disc throwers are 600 bucks, and they seem like a decent counter to bike rushes. Wicked fast throw with much longer range than before. Splash damage isn't much though so if you miss you're screwed.

Wolverines ain't bad to help out with defence turrets, though bike rockets take them out pretty quick. Still, better to lose your wolverine temporarily than to lose your defence turrets permanently.

Basically unless the Nod team is lazy, GDI needs to shore up some defences very quickly to stop the almighty biker gang rush. Any tips? I wanted to use the EMP tank but by the time you can afford it the bike rush has usually already happened. Plus the tank seems under performing. It's too fragile and it's attack too weak, slow RoF, but maybe I'm just not using it right.

Rocket soldiers are quite effective against bikes, as they mostly hit with the lock-on mode. But yeah, at the start of a match, GDI is always on the defensive side until GDI survived the buggy/bike rush and can mass produce titans/hover/juggernauts mrls.

My suggestion was to tweak the AAPC to a kind of 600$ early attack unit, to counter the bike.

5 hours ago, hunterX said:

WTF nobody's got anything to say? God damn this forum is deader than Elvis.

You can chill right out sir. While we do enjoy our forum that we pay to keep online, we also have other things that keep us from being present here 24 hours a day. If that does not suit you then that is just tough.

On a related note - you know we have an active discord right?

Posted (edited)

LOL I'm more chill than Elvis's corpse. Anyways I'm not demanding the devs say anything, I'm hoping other players say something. But alas, no players to be found here, so far. Also Discord is gay.

EDIT: Ahh, 1 player so far. Nice!

Edited by hunterX

22 hours ago, Timeaua said:

My suggestion was to tweak the AAPC to a kind of 600$ early attack unit, to counter the bik

That's not a bad idea, I had made a similar suggestion. It's grenade launcher isn't very effective versus vehicles though.