• Vehicles trapping characters

JigglyJie
    • Assigned to: ChopBam Version: 3.2.2.8 BackBurner Severity: High Game Area: Other

As I spoke with Pushwall last night, there is a rather common issue where freshly made vehicles can trap your characters at the moment you're about to enter them. As I mentioned in last night's game, I bought a Medium Tank and proceeded to enter it but I got stuck when I tried to, I had no choice to use !killme (which apparently now has a delay of 5 seconds, I'm not too fussed about that as I only lost a Grenadier, BUT...), and upon doing that someone else's vehicle ate mine causing me to lose a total of $1100, including the Grenadier price of $200. Now that did hurt. Especially so because it was on a silo only map. I have posted this as a general reminder that this is a rather annoying and problematic issue that causes a lot of frustration, so hopefully others can verify and help track down this.

Reproduction Steps

1. There is no real way to 'reproduce' this other than just attempting to enter your vehicle but I do believe it may have something to do with entering them too 'fast' now you may say to not do so, it simply is impossible not to for gameplay reasons. ( for example, Soviets in particular have to get in their vehicles ASAP and prevent spies from grabbing them,and it would particularly suck if a Spy stole your Demo Truck because of it!)

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

This could actually be related to the issue we see pretty commonly on the server where certain players get their feet stuck in the ground, causing vehicles to get stuck on them (while they themselves are unable to enter the vehicles). The way to fix this is to get on a ladder and off again. Not sure if caused by a bad spawner or simply server lag. I haven't really experienced the issue but only once or twice in the last few years. Others experience it more commonly.