Blog 29 (16/05/07)

Well I'm fresh out of a Computing exam and ready to write this blog. Here we are, lets tear it up.

<h3>Rolling Thunder!</h3>

I recently dug something up that I had been working on for some time. The mighty Allied Battle Fortress! This vehicle is going to be the Allies' answer to the Soviet heavy armour. Load up the troops and roll over the enemy!

Here it is. Model by One Winged Angel and Skulking_Ferrit

BattleFort.jpg

<h3>He is now ready to fly!</h3>

Check this out. rm5248 has finished the rocketeer off. The end results are sweet, check it out.

Rocky-1.jpgRocky2-1.jpg

Rocky3-1.jpg

Expect to see him flying soon!

<h3>RA2:AR and RA:APB Radio</h3>

Recently, both mods have been featured heavily on DJ Bloodmoss' show over at UO Radio. He is currently running a competition to see who can produce the best AR or APB advert to put on his show. As most of you are aware, I have entered along with TagDaze. You may have heard our adverts of sheer awesomeness. Here is the full story.

First off...

Well I'd like to let you all know that im a DJ on a net radio, called UOradio, which is a net radio for a RPG game called Ultima Online.

I dont have much to do with UO now but still DJing with them and I some times talk about other games I like or still play (ie TFC, HL2, all the C&C games and now APB).

But any how to the main point..

Now that you know im a DJ for a net radio and I have a 2hr time slot for my show and this where this post comes in..

On my show ive be doing it for APB and RA2-AR as in news and info and shout out and even ingame shows for you all and also play songs for people if you ask for them and more.....

I hope to see and hear from you all when I'm doing my show but here is the info for you all about how to tune in and the times I'm on air...

Times I'm on.

The times im on are Monday to Friday

8pm to 10pm sydney time

11am to 1pm GMT

6am to 8am U.S. EST

To Tune in here the info and links...

Windows media player High Stream and Low Stream

Winamp player High Stream and Low Stream

Real player Hight Stream and Low Stream

iTune Player High Stream and Low Stream

And here a link to my list of songs that I've got. There will be more added to list later on..

DJ Bloodmoss Track List

I want to see what people can come up with in making a add for APB and RA2-AR to help spread the word out to the people that listen to the net radio..

Put all of your submissions here if you wish to submit.

<h3>Competition Time</h3>

Here is the first contest from RA2:AR!

We challenge you, the community, to act some lines (of your choice) and try and impress us. TagDaze has already set the standard high. Lets see if you can better it! The best acting wins the prize. Go here for more info.

<h3>Closure</h3>

That is about it for this week's blog. Just a few quick notes before I wrap it up.

Merovingian is back and better than ever.

Chevy787 and Mick have finished unwrapping the drill.

I'm on exams.

Saberhawk has been working on a special project that stops people ripping things with XCC Mixer and that DX Ripper. No more grenades are being stolen :D

Thats about is. See you next week!

Guest cuddling

AGH! Coolrock! You stole my first post!

Nice Battle Fortress :D I'll like to see it crushing other tanks as it rolls along. My voice is crap though.. doubt i can enter :)

Good blog!

Guest Freak

Good work on both the BF and the Rocketeer. My first reaction to the BF is it looked to clunky, but then again it does run over other tanks. The only thing I don't get, though, is why it has gun turrets for each firing port when it can shoot not just guns but also rockets, etc. Will it actually look like what it is shooting? Otherwise I would suggest just a small window firing port, like the ones in BF2 on the APCs. The legs on the Rocketeer look kinda wierd but I understand it is a WIP still, but that should be adressed. Awesome stuff, keep up the good work, and plan on a submission from me for the competion :D

Guest Rufrky

If that is what the battle fortress is going to look like, that right there says, GET THE HELL OUT OF MY WAY I AM BIGGER THAN YOU.

I can't wait to see that thing skin it will look awesome.

nice rocketeer too

Guest leo`n

Its like looking at a mirror ( from red alert to RA:APB). Except that the only difference is that RA: APB is better!

very good blog ! :D also good job to every 1 who works on this mod

Guest Westy543

The BF looks nice, but something looks off about the front; like it comes up too much. That could just be me, but it looks like it should be a tad bit longer. Who knows, my memory could just be off.

Its like looking at a mirror ( from red alert to RA:APB). Except that the only difference is that RA: APB is better!

very good blog ! :) also good job to every 1 who works on this mod

...:D

Guest Cnc_Pwnr

Its like looking at a mirror (from Red Alert to RA:APB)*, except that the only difference is that RA:APB is better!

Very good blog! :D Also, good job to everyone who works on the mod.

Fixed. You're starting to get better, I didn't have to correct much this time. You get a cookie.

*- Didn't quite get what you meant there, though.

Quick edit: That topic cat avatar doesn't suit you, unless you're a hypocrite.

I'll have to get my mic ready and enter that voice contest. Blog wins as always.

Nice battlefortress very intimidating look how big is it compared to other tanks.

Nice rocketeer allthough the the guns look wierd in the W.I.P.

Guest Nod Soldier(BmLlK)

Nice! Really nice!

But I wish to see a bit more Soviet Armor!

.. show us what the Union throws on the Battlefield!

Besiedes..

Is there an Easteregg?

Guest TagDaze

Good stuff, too bad my voice sucks :<

Oh well, off to go update the Moddb.

There is no such thing as a sucky voice. There's only sucking at techniques, and those can be learned.

Guest ShadowGorrath

Nice blog ( late post , I know ) . The battle fortress looks great . Now , if it only would be textured , it'd be perfect .

About the rocketer , well , I didn't like the sqaure shape of him . Looks like he's made of cubes . However , it's still kinda nice .

One question : when will you make the Soviet conscript ? That's the one thing I want to see the most :D

Well , that , and the release . But it's kinda far for the release .

Guest Westy543
*- Didn't quite get what you meant there, though.

From Red Alert (the RTS) to Red Alert: A Path Beyond (the mod & FPS).