Blog 30 (23/05/07)

Well, it is time for Blog 30. We have various updates and announcements to make, so take a look below :)

I'll start the ball rolling on a serious note.

<h3>RIP Nicholas Worth, our beloved Premier Romanov</h3>

romanov.jpg

Nicholas Worth, 1938 - 2007

From this day forth we dedicate this mod not only to our fans, but also to our departed comrade, Nicholas Worth, who was one of the key influences that is making this mod a reality.

Rest In Peace Comrade.

<h3>IFVs and a Gun</h3>

I have been busy fixing up the IFV ready to show to you all and I must say, I think it has turned out well.

I have the Rocket IFV and the Special IFV both pictured below

IFV.jpgIFVSpecial.jpg

Model by me, original model from the Verge of Armageddon Team.

Ric has been working on the Guardian GI's SMG. Below is an early WIP.

spectre01.jpg

<h3>Grizzly Darts!</h3>

Tester Westy543 has made a video for you to watch illustrating how the edit vehicle physics console command can be used in conjunction with the Grizzly Tank and some well placed ramps. This is a new found game called Grizzly darts. The rules are simple: See how many Grizzly Tanks you can stick to the wall :D

darts.jpg

Click on the dartboard for the video.

<h3>The competition so far....</h3>

The competition is into it's first week and we have 5 entries so far!

TagDaze with "Fall back to base!"

Jupiter with "This is Dr Eintein"

Iscream4pork with "Tanya in the Field"

Westy543 with "I'm Gone!"

TagDaze again with "Cillit Sniper"

And Iscream4pork with "The Humorous Spy"

Enter now for the chance to win a spot on our TESTING team and the privilage of your sound in the mod with your name on the credits list!

And now a word from our sponsors...

Act quickly! The competition ends on the 16th of June!

<h3>Thats about it for this week</h3>

Well thats it. Just a few notes before I wrap this up.

I have ploughed through my exams leaving only one subject left, wish me luck!

Progress with AR may slow down slightly due to the exam period and the fact that APB may request help from us to get their latest release out on time.

If you haven't already, go and check out APB's latest blog with all their Red Alert awesomeness!

See you next wednesday for another blog filled with RA2 goodness! Now in 3d!

Guest Evil Alex

R.I.P. Comrade Romanov, we shall never forget your loyality and nostalgia you gave us for you are the very person who made RA2 RA2!! :p lol It's true, without him I think RA2 would be very not like it is now! :D heh heh heh heh! Still, good blog again and a very funny video with ironic scenes, did you mean to do that intentionally with those tanks, was it a bug or just having fun I wonder? :lol: rofl! The voice entries are alright to me btw. :)

Guest Westy543
Still, good blog again and a very funny video with ironic scenes, did you mean to do that intentionally with those tanks

...maybe... :) Well, after noticing their jumping abilities (check prior blogs), I followed up the thought with "what if I cranked the speed up SUPER high!" and tried to launch them cross-map. Well, instead, the cliff thought that snatching my tanks was a better idea. So then I alt tabbed, pulled up fraps, and went from there.

Awesome work on the IFV, that's awesomeness!

Bye Nicholas Worth, the C&C community will miss you. :D ...well, maybe not the Ally-supporting part. :)

Guest Evil Alex

Very funny Sponser audio clip btw, very much like you hear on the radio but that was C&C style radio sponsering!! :) hee hee hee! How will the mines come with the Killer Mine layer? WIll there be anti-infantry mines or Anti-Tank Mines or hopefully two in one mine that handles both Anti-Infantry and Tank duties!! That would rock!!:D ROFL!!

Guest Bloodmoss

Nice Blog owa

love the vid is that tank that can stick to the wall going to be in as i got some idler on how to us it heheeh.

oh yer love the audio clip and im going to use it in my show hade me ROFL all over the place today..

any how keep up the good work guys

Guest =NX=VinGummi2

Very funny Sponser audio clip btw, very much like you hear on the radio but that was C&C style radio sponsering!! :) hee hee hee! How will the mines come with the Killer Mine layer? WIll there be anti-infantry mines or Anti-Tank Mines or hopefully two in one mine that handles both Anti-Infantry and Tank duties!! That would rock!!:D ROFL!!

I don't remember any mine layers at all in RA2 or YR

Guest cuddling

Lol! I was wondering whats this killer mine layer stuff. :p

Good blog, and we wont forget him :D Hope that its released soon

Guest Evil Alex

It is an APB joke.

Indeed! The sponser clip was refering to the mine layers of the RA series which I was also refering to as well of which mines would come included with the KILLER MINE LAYER!! :p LMAO!

Guest =NX=VinGummi2

Indeed! The sponser clip was refering to the mine layers of the RA series which I was also refering to as well of which mines would come included with the KILLER MINE LAYER!! :p LMAO!

Well I know it is an APB joke (hey I have even heard it from cat5 directly in a game over Teamspeak myself) but perhaps you should have expressed yourself a bit more clear you were going to talk about APB as we are in the AR blog section of the forum

Well I know it is an APB joke (hey I have even heard it from cat5 directly in a game over Teamspeak myself) but perhaps you should have expressed yourself a bit more clear you were going to talk about APB as we are in the AR blog section of the forum

Meh, we <3 APB. We may be separate mods but we are all on the same side :D You may get PR crossovers like this from time to time.

Guest =NX=VinGummi2

Meh, we <3 APB. We may be separate mods but we are all on the same side :D You may get PR crossovers like this from time to time.

yeah ofcause but as we are in the Blog section of AR I thought he had forgot that there was no minelayers in RA2, hmm... I wonder why both soviet and allies decided to scrap minelayers, they could be quite effective

Guest EVA-251

Another great blog, the Grizzly dart thing was quite funny.

And actually, they was a plan for a mine layer type unit in RA2.

Mole Minelayer

That got scrapped tho. I think it was because WW did not have the time to recode minelayer logic, and it would require a complex system of deploying buildings/vehicles. I dont quite remember how it worked in the few mods that added minelayers.

I like the IFVs, they are looking fun to use already. :D

bascily to do a minelayer in RA2 u'd make the unit place a building, the building has defence logic applied to it. Set fireing distance to 0 so it has to be driven over for it to fire. then set its weapon to a suicide weapon, like the terrorist or demotruck.