Blog 31 (30/05/07)

Hi there. Welcome to another edition of the AR blog typed by yours truly. As per usual we have some stuff to show you. Two new models, an update of the contest and some other cool stuff. Look down for infos.

<h3>New Grizzly Tank</h3>

Me and Nameme recently had a modelling competition in which I was the victor. The challenge was to model a new turret for the Grizzly Tank. Here is what I came up with. Enjoy.

Grizzly.jpggrizzlyloads.jpg

<h3>Guardian GI's Spectre Sub-Machinegun</h3>

Ric has been hard at work on the Guardian GI's Spectre Sub-Machingun. The results are hot and to top it all off, it is unwrapped and ready for texturing. Big ups to Ric for that.

spectre03.jpg

<h3>Radiation Test</h3>

This was done ages ago but I dont think that it was ever formally anounced. Yes! Apocalypse Rising has proper radiation for the Nuke/Demotruck/Desolator. This is all thanks to BogdanV! The innovative genious that is always coming up with new ways to make the w3d engine perform properly.

Get the video here. RadTest2.wmv

<h3>General Infos</h3>

Here we go!

I have an exam next Friday :X I also have various things to do model wise, that includes sprucing up some of our older content.

cfehunter is texturing the drill. It is a Bosch! No doubt about it! Although we may have to change the name due to copyright.

Merovingian is back! Give him a warm welcome back readers!

Nameme is starting work on Ric's Nighthawk Transport this Friday, finishing it up and adding little details that will make it look awesome.

Expect the race of the century to occur soon. Flak Tracks vs IFVs who will win?

This means more games of darts and hopefully a costom map for playing darts on.

Ackart has been and taken loads of photos of the Alamo so expect our Alamo model to be really accurate when I set Ric on it soon.

We have been coming up with a team name for the whole APB and AR dev roster. Expect this to be announce soon.

DJBloodmoss has been pumping out the tunes on N00bstories Radio, go listen to it! For great justice!

Oh.... and in case you didn't hear it....

That was dedicated to drunkill for his leet signature that he puts up from time to time.

Expect more updates than this during summer when everyone is finished with School/College/University.

<h3>The Contest So Far</h3>

The competition is into it's second week and we have 12 entries so far!

TagDaze with "Fall back to base!"

Jupiter with "This is Dr Eintein"

Iscream4pork with "Tanya in the Field"

Westy543 with "I'm Gone!"

TagDaze again with "Cillit Sniper"

Iscream4pork again with "The Humorous Spy"

chaos1219 with "Awaiting Orders"

Godlord with "Mind Control"

Iscream4pork again with "Want Flak with that?"

Iscream4pork yet again with "Tanks and Vodka"

TagDaze again with "Hayulp!"

And CMDBob/MartynM with "CMDBob Rations"

Enter now for the chance to win a spot on our TESTING team and the privilage of your sound in the mod with your name on the credits list! 17 days til the competition is finished, get your entries in now!

<h3>Finish!</h3>

Thats it. See you next time for more stuff!

Guest Coolrock

I've said it already, but I'll say it again! That Grizzly Tank is awesome, One Winged Angel ^.^

The Spectre Sub-Machinegun looks great, also. Can't wait to see it with a texture :)

Guest rako88

i always thought that the guardian GI had a pistol because he did so little damage...oh well.

edit: the video wont work for me....the quicktime icon with a question mark pops up

Guest Merovingian

edit: the video wont work for me....the quicktime icon with a question mark pops up

If your on OSX and the Quicktime icon is in the dock then the OS can't find Quicktime. Otherwise Quicktime doesn't play WMV's unless patched to.

Guest Evil Alex

Also forgot to say that the voice entries are very alright and I just loved the Kremlin Fried Chicken Advert indeed! For the great motherland justice dear comrades!!

Guest Chronojam

I look forward to these especially because I don't write them, and it's a nice way to recap everything and get a look at some prepared media like the videos and renders that get drummed up just in time for blog day. Nice work.

Guest =NX=VinGummi2

I look forward to these especially because I don't write them

I LOL'ed when I read that :lol: :lol:

I look forward to these especially because I don't write them, and it's a nice way to recap everything and get a look at some prepared media like the videos and renders that get drummed up just in time for blog day. Nice work.

Funnily enough, that is exactly how I feel about the APB blog. :D

Guest Evil Alex

I always thought the Guardian GI had an assault rifle...

He did but when he is deployed he has a rocket launcher instead of the machine gun. :p

Awesome, thanks Steppo :)

As if it wasn't enough to have Chronojam talking about his mod, One Winged Angel (and his mulletted manliness) has posted a blog update on his Renegade-to-RA2 mod: Apocalypse Rising.

:D

I rofl'd.