Blog 71 (05/03/2008)

Guest =NX=VinGummi2

I dont want to start with a war.Yet if you just mention the word Reborn in APB server,it is a instant flaming.People of APB come to Reborn forums,critising for each and every small thing.Also on IRC.

We should be supporting eachother.Both these mods,are keeping the Renegade community fresh and alive.Renegade is one of the expanded modding communitys of them all.

it is also just that even the team reject outright in pretty rude manners most time every single little suggestion people come with it seems to me, doesn't really make people less likely to do start those wars. I do try to stay out of it myself, and keeping to the facts.

Guest MuadDib15

So yeah, MuadDib15, just because we don't want AR to be like renegayde, it doesn't mean that we want it to be a carbon copy of APB. There is still a lot of uncharted territory out there.

AR is the dark horse here.

1. I really don't see the difference. The seal looks as realistic as the APB guys, while the GI looks cartoony. Same goes for Ivan, he looks like an APB guy. Infact, the GI is the only guy that looks like the "cartoony style" you people say that AR has.

2. I beg to differ on "dark horse" part. You flamed Reborn in blog 72. Also, I saw you playing on MP-Gaming's Reborn server at about 3 (GMT-6) today. So if you hate it so much, why are you playing?

Edited by MuadDib15

1. I really don't see the difference. The seal looks as realistic as the APB guys, while the GI looks cartoony. Same goes for Ivan, he looks like an APB guy. Infact, the GI is the only guy that looks like the "cartoony style" you people say that AR has.

Cartoony like that?

alliedsoldiers.jpg

2. I beg to differ on "dark horse" part. You flamed Reborn in blog 72. Also, I saw you playing on MP-Gaming's Reborn server at about 3 (GMT-6) today. So if you hate it so much, why are you playing?

1. Cartoony isn't always graphics. I could be a cartoon character if I wanted to be, but still look like a regular person. Let me tell you how. Exaggeration. So, going by what you are saying, the rhino tank is more of a realistic vehicle, even though it has a recoil that could score a perfect game of ten pin bowling as well as the tank itself which speeds around the battlefield faster than it really should. Realism much? I didn't think so. And OH MY GOD IT LOOKS REMOTELY LIKE APB THEREFORE IT MUST BE A CLONE OF APB!!!!! k.

Gameplay > Graphics

2. I flamed Reborn by saying it wasn't my cup of tea? Riiiight. So I'm not allowed an opinion any more, is that it? Metaphor time, RA2:AR is in the comfortable position of being the middle child in the TC mod world. APB being the older child, who looks down on the attention seeking Reborn (the youngest child). Essentially RA2:AR is the dark horse because we always get left out of the fray when APB and Reborn go at it.

(Nothing of this has to do with the mod's physical age though. It's just a metaphor).

I played today because Mammutpanzer, [FW]Wolf and dtrngd were having a game. Never has a game got me more annoyed (a lolstealth sniper headshot my character, in my own base, when I had just bought a beacon). Don't bother arguing against that one, it's absurd. So yeah, Reborn have done a good job on the graphics side of things, but the gameplay leaves a lot to be desired (and I mean a lot).

Guest MuadDib15

Okay then. I'm just tired of seeing people nitpick over things that have been said before. If people kept saying the same thing over and over again, youd get anoyyed too.

By cartoony I meant the face of the GI looks slightly cartoony while the seal and Ivan look absolutly normal. And yeah dtrngd, that is an example of cartoony, 2 chains of bullets forming an X on the torso, huge ass guns, and the body armor. Just sterotype a little is what I'm saying, even if its just the face it will help a lot in my eyes.

I swear it wasn't me sniping in the base on drought. I was sitting on the huge rock overlooking the tiberium field (as a stealth sniper) trying to keep the GS whores away. Unfortunity, since the scope is really screwed up, I couldn't really do much.

Edited by MuadDib15

Okay then. I'm just tired of seeing people nitpick over things that have been said before. If people kept saying the same thing over and over again, youd get anoyyed too.

By cartoony I meant the face of the GI looks slightly cartoony while the seal and Ivan look absolutly normal. And yeah dtrngd, that is an example of cartoony, 2 chains of bullets forming an X on the torso, huge ass guns, and the body armor. Just sterotype a little is what I'm saying, even if its just the face it will help a lot in my eyes.

I swear it wasn't me sniping in the base on drought. I was sitting on the huge rock overlooking the tiberium field (as a stealth sniper) trying to keep the GS whores away. Unfortunity, since the scope is really screwed up, I couldn't really do much.

If people kept saying the same thing over and over again about a certain aspect of the game. I'd fix it.

With the characters, just wait until they are running round with their weapons. The SEAL was one of the only semi serious characters in the game and the asset was completed before we decided to go with a more omgcartoony style. He still fits though.

I wasn't accusing you so no need to defend yourself there.