Blog 97 (03/09/08)

Guest AdrwIvrsn

I'm imaginating that the Ivan IFV should have a wide cannon, primarily to launch any explosives, from dynamite to pipe bombs and even to the catoony cannonball bombs. The type of bomb launched would be random, so that it has the disadvantage of the driver being unable to estimate when a target would be eliminated becase the different types of bombs vary in strength.

How do you think of that idea?

(yes, I'll keep bugging you with suggestions)

Guest sadukar09

hmmm... maybe mobile nuke launcher?xD

Ultra prism cannon...

IFV + Techy = (Suggestions Please)

Weld torch IFV? Can do some good damage to vehicles if it can get close?

Mobile spy detection thing? Or detect any Soviet/Allied infantry (If Radar is turned to friendlies only)

Guest r315r4z0r

I don't think the technician should do anything to an IFV. Make him the only character that doesn't transform the IFV. Or perhaps, allow it the ability to slowly regenerate the IFV's health. That way the normal default version of the IFV wont be totally eclipsed by all the better versions and people would still consider using it (even over the guardian IFV).

This way people can choose:

Do I want a powerful rocket launcher or a normal rocket launcher that I can heal my own damage in?

Do I want the ability to switch between a machine gun/tesla turret/sniper turret/flack turret/super rockets and the normal rocket launcher (with the ability to regen my damage if i kill enough stuff to become elite) or only the normal rocket launcher that I can heal my own damage in?

Fixed

Guest r315r4z0r

No, not fixed. I was pointing out choosing between the default rocket or the GGI's rocket. How does a machine gun emplacement come into the choice when you are wanting to use an explosive projectile?

Basically from what I've seen the GGI's IFV is basically an advanced version of the default IFV, correct? The choice I was referring to was if the player wanted to go full out more damage with the advanced system, or keep to the normal system with the ability to heal themselves (without veterincy). The machine gun, sniper, flack, tesla, ect, have nothing to do with this choice.

It isn't a question of becoming veteran enough to heal yourself because the obvious advantage would be self heal without having to gain experience. Possibly, as you gain veterincy you could heal yourself faster.

Anyway, it is just a suggestion.

Edited by r315r4z0r

Guest lawmakerex

Lol in AR, if Soviets get their hands on an IFV, the allieds are in deep shit Imagine an elite apoc with an engi IFV repairing it while it cleans the field( in RA2 i could easily defeat the AI with 1 apoc and 2 IFV repairing all the time), or a demo that only cost about 300(forgot the terrorist price, an almost TT for 500. The bad thing is choosing one of those would be a difficult thing to do.

As for the techi thing, i think it should be just like the engineer but slower, or a self repairing IFV which can repair tanks only but at a slower repair rate but faster regen rate that an elite unit. The spy one...jamming radar could be nice, and even better if when the radar is jammed the enemy wont be able to see their team logo. But then the spys are one of the most important units for the allieds, staying in an IFV all day may help a little.

I don't think the technician should do anything to an IFV. Make him the only character that doesn't transform the IFV. Or perhaps, allow it the ability to slowly regenerate the IFV's health. That way the normal default version of the IFV wont be totally eclipsed by all the better versions and people would still consider using it (even over the guardian IFV).

Do I want a powerful rocket launcher or a normal rocket launcher that I can heal my own damage in?

Did you consider the fact that the GGI IFV is only better at taking down vehicles and aircraft? The basic IFV is still better at taking out buildings and infantry. Check Yuri's Revenge, since it's true.

Guest EVA-251

IFV

[HoverMissile]

Damage=25

ROF=50

Range=6

Burst=2

Projectile=AAHeatSeeker2

Speed=40

Warhead=HE

Report=SeawolfAttack

MinimumRange=1

[HE]

CellSpread=.5

PercentAtMax=.5

Wall=yes

Wood=yes

Verses=100%,100%,100%,70%,70%,35%,75%,40%,20%,80%,100%

Conventional=yes

Rocker=no

InfDeath=2

AnimList=XGRYSML1,XGRYSML2,EXPLOSML,XGRYMED1,XGRYMED2,EXPLOMED,EXPLOLRG,TWLT070

Deform=10%

DeformThreshhold=300

Tiberium=yes

Sparky=no

ProneDamage=70% ; Presumes air burst

IFV with GGI

[CRMissileLauncher]

Damage=30

ROF=40

Range=8

Burst=2

Projectile=AAHeatSeeker2 ;AirToGroundMissile

Speed=30 ;40

Warhead=GUARDWH

Report=GuardianGIDeployedAttack

MinimumRange=1

[GUARDWH]

Wall=yes

Wood=yes

Verses=20%,20%,20%,100%,50%,100%,10%,10%,10%,100%,100%

Conventional=yes

InfDeath=3

AnimList=XGRYSML1,XGRYSML2,EXPLOSML,XGRYMED1,XGRYMED2,EXPLOMED,EXPLOLRG,TWLT070

ProneDamage=50%

There, do the math.

On the Verses= list it is like this

1st % = None, used for infantry

2nd % = Flak, used for medium infantry

3rd % = Plate, used for Tesla Trooper and other heavy infantry

4th % = Light, used for light vehicles

5th % = Medium, used for ore miners

6th % = Heavy, used for heavier vehicles

7th % = Wood, used for buildings

8th % = Steel, used for defenses and random civvy buildings

9th % = Concrete, used for special buildings.

10th % = Special_1, used for projectile missiles

11th % = Special_2, used for terror drones

Guest Alexandy

I am intreged,

All this time I thought that these "AR blogs" as you call them were for APB!

CRAP!

Tell me, I am an idiot with new games.

How can I get on AR in less than 4 hours?

Legally.

Edited by Alexandy

Guest r315r4z0r

Did you consider the fact that the GGI IFV is only better at taking down vehicles and aircraft? The basic IFV is still better at taking out buildings and infantry. Check Yuri's Revenge, since it's true.

All the better, I say. But still, it was just a suggestion off the top of my head.

Having it repair buildings just doesn't seem like the best thing to do. Sure, it would work, but there could be better options out there. :D

Guest r315r4z0r

OMG! If a dog enters an IFV, the IFV just sits there, undrivable, and looks like an open vehicle.

So when an enemy soldier comes by to try and swipe it, they get mauled by the dog inside. :D

Guest Kakashi

And until then the IFV and the player being the dog sit uselessly in front of the allied War Factory as the dog can't move it away...

How about the IFV can take up a dog (but no other inf) as co-driver, besides being able to take the dog with them as self defense when invading the enemy base the dog could possibly detect nearby units for the driver and announce them by barking.

Of course, if the driver jumps out of the veh the dog is kicked out as well.

Edited by Kakashi

Guest r315r4z0r

I was thinking about that, but then I realized, why would someone buy an IFV, tell a dog to get in it, and just abandon it. I think it would need to be a team-effort thing to pull off. But you have to admit, it is very Allied like to set a trap like that. (Ie. Mirage tank)

Guest Alexandy

I agree.

Teh doggie sits there just waiting in the back, then a Soviet gets in and starts hotwiring the IFV then the doggie attacks, minutes later some dude comes in to let the dog out only to find him sitting on a dead Soviet.

Genius!

Guest AdrwIvrsn

The dog IFV trap reminds me of a tactic I theorize (and tested a similar tactic on Renegade) would work (just for enjoyment) is to leave a demo truck in the middle of an open field and plant anti-tank mines underneath and around it. Then watch as an enemy soldier enters the demo. BOOM!

Anyways, can you give more info on what the Crazy Ivan IFV does, because I haven't even heard a responce on how you thought of my suggestion:

I'm imaginating that the Ivan IFV should have a wide cannon, primarily to launch any explosives, from dynamite to pipe bombs and even to the catoony cannonball bombs. The type of bomb launched would be random, so that it has the disadvantage of the driver being unable to estimate when a target would be eliminated becase the different types of bombs vary in strength.

How do you think of that idea?

(yes, I'll keep bugging you with suggestions)

Edited by AdrwIvrsn

Anyways, can you give more info on what the Crazy Ivan IFV does, because I haven't even heard a responce on how you thought of my suggestion:

The BHP development team value each and every members input, and reviews each suggestion thoroughly. To date, your idea (I; 68025) has been inspected, evaluated and investigated at length. So far the BHP Development Team has 'modelled the air cannon' for 'launching dynamite', and it is nearing its final stages of completion. The following stage is currently under review, and we would like to get back to you in a subsequent blog shortly on its status.

Thank you for your patience,

BHP Development Team.

Guest Zarconium

IFV+Techy=Slow mobile repair IFV

IFV+Dugan=Laserpewpew IFV

IFV+Spy=Dirty Harry IFV

IFV+Ivan=Explosives IFV(Delayed detonation, grenade-style)

Edited by Zarconium

Guest GummiBear

The dog IFV trap reminds me of a tactic I theorize (and tested a similar tactic on Renegade) would work (just for enjoyment) is to leave a demo truck in the middle of an open field and plant anti-tank mines underneath and around it. Then watch as an enemy soldier enters the demo. BOOM!

waste of credits really, just do it with a minelayer or any other low cost vech really

Guest Gibbletsb

IFV + Techy should be able to repair buildings as fast from the outside as a techy pointing at an MCT inside the building. Thereby avoiding anti-inf infantry camping inside the building, buying time until a proprer unit comes by to dispose of the camping Infantry.