Blog 137 (18/06/09)

Welcome to this week's blog. sorry if I rush it a little, but I've got to jump on a bus soon and I didn't want to delay it any further.

<h3>The Return of BogdanV</h3>

BogdanV has returned for the summer! He had a few computer troubles as well as school, but now he is back and working on developing maps and such once more. To announce his return he posted up some screenies of his map project, Desert Assault.

Here are a couple.

DesertAssault1-1.pngBlockers-1.jpg

The blocking perimeter will be made larger as the map gets progressively bigger. This is shaping up to be a pretty well detailed map!

<h3>Tech Hospital</h3>

Guy with a wrench has been busy creating an interior for the tech hospital. Currently it has two floors inside which you can traverse as well as a roof level, this may be condensed slightly if it proves to be simply too big ingame. On one of the floors will be an area where engineers can capture the building for their team. We haven't decided what this area will be yet. It could be come sort of fusebox or terminal which the engineer has to rewire/hack. We'll see what happens.

Here are the screenies!

hosp1-1.jpghosp2-1.jpg

hosp3-1.jpghosp4-1.jpg

hosp5-1.jpghosp6-1.jpg

<h3>Team Messages</h3>

I came back from Download Festival broken and bruised, but with a big smile on my face as it was awesome! I didn't see Aido there, but he was also there somewhere. Slipknot are insanely good live, I recommend all of you to see them!

cfehunter has dropped off the radar. Maybe that whale came back...

dtrngd has finished all of his exams! Well done to him!

TheBeerinator is badgering me about the AK47. He'll get it once I fix 3ds Max :D

danpaul88 has been making code changes in preparation for new test build. This build will hopefully contain the Barracks for both factions!

BogdanV is back!

Nameme99 is also coming back! It's like a return of the AR oldbies!

<h3>OWA's Random Corner</h3>

Mix Daft Punk with The Fresh Prince and this is the result!

<center><object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8TEK9Fu55m4&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param'>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8TEK9Fu55m4&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8TEK9Fu55m4&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object></center>

<h3>Find</h3>

It

Guest Glaed

<h3>Find</h3>

It

Neat-o. What is "it"? It looks

like the soviet barracks interior?

That Desert Assault map looks good.

Edited by Glaed

Liking the map, really loving the amount of detail!

The Tech Hospital looks abit too big. But i love it and the internals, very nice work!

Another great blog, keep it up!

Guest GummiBear

cool blog love that mpa, and I ALWAYS wanted to see how those hospitals looked like inside, now I finally gonna get the chance :D

also found it and looks very nice

Guest Stormweaver
Haha

Mod privileges has it's benefits. I would never have found it otherwise.

...you fail somewhere.

*abuses the quote function to find it*

Found it.

that new map looks interesting, be nice to see how that develops. And hospital could be win. Is it staying true to it's RA size? because it was huge >.>

Edited by Stormweaver

Guest ivan55599

10 points for new map

people can get lost into hospitale while searching enemy with radar in every 3-4 levels :D . is that necessary that it is so big? if hospitale is big, how big "normal" ARgh maps will be?

Guest GummiBear

Haha

Mod privileges has it's benefits. I would never have found it otherwise.

lol no need to be mod to find it easy

tab FTW

dont even joke about that whale....

Anyway my coursework's all done and i've passed with MMM, (could've done better but it's 3 grades higher than i needed for uni)

I'll be seeing OWA and eggman at stafford later this year. oh and i'm back people.

Neat-o. What is "it"? It looks

like the soviet barracks interior?

looks more like some prison or detention center, but since there's none in RA2 so I suppose it is indeed barracks

Guest CeilingCat

looks more like some prison or detention center, but since there's none in RA2 so I suppose it is indeed barracks

Maybe Guantanamo Bay could be included as an objective mission, a sort of "free the cuban terrorists" mission?...

hospital is win...

found...

will there be my favourite vehicles ever: (Libyan) Demo trucks - A.K.A. "Coca Cola Trucks"

a substitute will do...