Blog 140 (09/07/09)

Welcome to this week's blog. We are a little devoid on content again this week due to various factors, but hey; the show must go on.

<h3>Soviet War Factory Weak Point: Fuel Tanks</h3>

dtrngd has been adding detail to what will be the major weakpoint for the Soviet War Factory.

These are only some of the massive fuel tanks, housed in the War Factory, used to keep the Red Army's war machine running. Thick tubes pump the lifeblood of the diesel engines below to where newly constructed vehicles are fuelled up ready for combat. The fuel for these tanks comes from many other tanks housed in the war factory. However due to the sheer volume of fuel stored at the war factory, this stockpile is off limits to meager conscripts. Only the engineers, technicians and scientists that work within the Soviet War Factory can access them.

Anyway, here is a peek at what Allies should be looking to target if they want to shut down Soviet Vehicle operations.

GoTankGoTank-1.png

<h3>Rig Man</h3>

At the weekend, I sent my base infantry model to TruYuri to see if it would rig up correctly ingame. Compared to the rig time of some of the older infantry for APB, it knocked spots off it. Within a few minutes it was rigged and ready for game. There are a few mesh errors that need correcting but otherwise I can start modelling up some more characters. We are hopefully going to coax Eggman into porting the infantry rig into 3dsmax for ultimate control over the rigging process (and decent meshes!).

Anyway, here is rig man. His head took less than two minutes to model.

ScreenShot36-1.png

ScreenShot38-1.pngScreenShot39-1.png

<h3>APB Metal Music Mod</h3>

Since we've really got nothing else to show, I will enlighten you guys on a little project that r34ch and myself have been working out.

Basically, we want to provide an alternative soundtrack for APB for all of you metalheads out there. This means you could be rocking along to attack the Tesla Coil on Fjord to One by Metallica and raining some hellfire down on the Allies on Forest of Illusion, with your Flamer, whilst rocking to Raining Blood by Slayer.

We are working towards a full compilation for all of the maps that are currently in rotation on the MP-Gaming server. We choose our tracks for the atmosphere they create ingame, so for longer maps such as Keep Off the Grass, we'll choose something that starts pretty slow etc.

If you have any suggestions for trakcs, please feel free to pm me.

Here are a few examples of our tracks choices.

Map - Artist - Track Name

Menu - SOiL - Halo

RA_AS_Seamist.mix - Megadeth - Hangar 18

RA_Wasteland.mix - Machine Head - Clenching The Fists Of Dissent

RA_ClassicFjord.mix - Metallica - One

RA_ForestOfIllusion.mix - Slayer - Raining Blood

Once we have chosen all of the tracks, we'll be posting the minimod up, along with instructions on how you can create your own music mod :D

<h3>Team Messages</h3>

I've been at work all week. I'm self employed maaaan! Anyway, going to wetherspoons tomorrow for food, which will rock.

cfehunter is back and will be working again once I contact him.

dtrngd has been working with zunnie on a neat little co-op map for APB. He needs testers, so go and find him for information.

danpaul88 has been helping me drag the website back online. All that is left to do is re-establish the updated SQL database.

I've set the team on their various tasks now so there should be something to show for it in a bit :)

<h3>OWA's Random Corner</h3>

I'm the invisible man! (Just like my friend Marvin actually).

<center><object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ZK5hZu2UTY&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0x3a3a3a&color2=0x999999"></param><param'>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ZK5hZu2UTY&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0x3a3a3a&color2=0x999999"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ZK5hZu2UTY&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0x3a3a3a&color2=0x999999" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object></center>

<h3>Happy Birthday</h3>

You didn't think I'd forget you Dr Tesla?

No?

Good.

Guest rabbot

awesome i like the metal soundtrack idea might i suggest some?

Nuclear Assault - Stranded In Hell

Iron Maiden - The Trooper/Wasted Years

Blind Guardian - Battalions of Fear

D.R.I - Suit and Tie Guy

Sodom - Remember The Fallen

Judas Priest - Hell Bent For Leather

Slayer - The Final Command/Chemical Warfare

Exodus - The Toxic Waltz

Kreator - Storm of the Beast

just part of my collection :D

Guest HYBRID BEING

Great fuel tank.

Now that you showed us rigman he must take cameo in game)

Speaking about music. Several blogs ago, you showed us a video of soviet barracks walkthrough. It featured a RA3 Soviet Battle Theme remix. Damn, it was great. Hope you won't forget to include it in AR) And who's the author by the way?

And video is hilarios :D

Guest Trppmdm

Apocalypse Rising Team,I want to tell You That A Prism Tank will Lose Against A Deployed and Heroic(3-star)G.I.

That is if The Prism Tank Fires First(Because It Has More Range)The G.I.Will Undeploy(if it's)And The Prism tanks Fire Again(Now The G.I is almost dead)Then The G.I repairs itself,Deploys And Destroys the Prism Tank!

Really!That's Truth!Try It If You Want To see(remember Heroic(3-star)G.I.)!

Really Strange :D !And Will You Use that Strange Thing?

Guest TruYuri

Apocalypse Rising Team,I want to tell You That A Prism Tank will Lose Against A Deployed and Heroic(3-star)G.I.

That is if The Prism Tank Fires First(Because It Has More Range)The G.I.Will Undeploy(if it's)And The Prism tanks Fire Again(Now The G.I is almost dead)Then The G.I repairs itself,Deploys And Destroys the Prism Tank!

I'm not going to try and argue with what you're saying because really I have no clue what the hell you are saying, but don't post with every word starting with a capital letter. Just don't.

Guest Lt Albrecht
Slayer - The Final Command/Chemical Warfare

Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't Chemical warfare a track by the Dead Kennedys? IIRC it was on 'Fresh fruit for rotting vegetables' back in the 80s :p (not that I was around, I just happened to find the album one day)...

For Maiden Longest Day or These colours don't run would be good too.

I don't think GI's will be able to do as much damage to vehicles as they did in RA2 even when elite, It's just something that does not fit into a FPS correctly

Guest rabbot

Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't Chemical warfare a track by the Dead Kennedys? IIRC it was on 'Fresh fruit for rotting vegetables' back in the 80s :p (not that I was around, I just happened to find the album one day)...

For Maiden Longest Day or These colours don't run would be good too.

No it isn't and isn't a Cover that was done by Slayer,I'm not a very great fan of Dead Kennedys so I'm not sure if they even came out with a song called "Chemical Warfare".

• 2 weeks later...
Guest iambryan1234

I don't think Metal Music should be implemented in APB for these reasons

1. Annoying piece of crap

2. Does not fit

Anyone else care to disagree with me, I don't give a shit about it. That's my opinion, not yours and it will stay the same.

Guest TruYuri

I don't think Metal Music should be implemented in APB for these reasons

1. Annoying piece of crap

2. Does not fit

Anyone else care to disagree with me, I don't give a shit about it. That's my opinion, not yours and it will stay the same.

Whoaaa there buddy. It's just an optional download.

Guest iambryan1234

if it's just an optional download, then i'm fine with that. I would seriously hate to be forced to listen to annoying metal music.

if it's just an optional download, then i'm fine with that. I would seriously hate to be forced to listen to annoying metal music.

It's better than the RnB shit on the radio today :D

Guest Occult13

It's better than the RnB shit on the radio today :D

I agree, but AR isn't a radio :)

What will be AR soundtrack? Chicajo remixes?

Guest Foley

lol, Chicago remix... I can just imagine, playing on The Alamo listening to You're the Inspiration :p

I would prefer Linkin Park and RA2 remixes :)

Nice work on the fuel tank, can't wait to defeat the soviet war machine in one go :D

Edited by Foley

I agree, but AR isn't a radio :D

What will be AR soundtrack? Chicajo remixes?

Of Red Alert 1 tracks?

Hell no!

I've got a stockpile of tracks from NeptuneUK, the guy who is working on the Tiberian Dawn mod's soundtrack, to use as extras.

No, I didn't mean about RA1 tracks, but that kind of remixes (RA2 songs remixed). :D

AFAIK Chicajo hasn't worked on any APB stuff in over a year.