Blog 169 (18/01/10)

Guest thepcman

I don't have a mac; that's a screenshot of thepcman watching a video I made on youtube.

Erm.. So... Is the kirov gonna have 2000HP? If so, then it will be seriously OPed :v

Erm.. So... Is the kirov gonna have 2000HP? If so, then it will be seriously OPed :v

Just because the kirov had that much health in a test video don't mean anything. They haven't put it ingame and balance tested it, so nothing involving its health is final. And the health/armor number is only half the story, because there is also a setting for what type of health/armor the unit has. The kirov could easily have 2000 health and lose it all in one shot from a patriot missile for all any of us non-staff have seen of it. Edited by Glaed

The w3d engine works with health values and armour types.

The health values determines how much physical health a unit has and the armour type determines what weapons will do the most (or least) damage vs that unit.

This way, you could have a terror drone that is invincible to cannon-type weapons, heals from tesla weapons, but is really weak against prism beams.

It's a really nice system for doing armour types if you ask me. If you want to know more, take a look at Renegade/APB's armor.ini

Guest thepcman

The w3d engine works with health values and armour types.

The health values determines how much physical health a unit has and the armour type determines what weapons will do the most (or least) damage vs that unit.

This way, you could have a terror drone that is invincible to cannon-type weapons, heals from tesla weapons, but is really weak against prism beams.

It's a really nice system for doing armour types if you ask me. If you want to know more, take a look at Renegade/APB's armor.ini

OK, thank you! but lets hope you don't "balance" it untile it can be shot down by 2 IFVs :)

and that allies acheally need TEAMWORK, not 1 Good player to bring that thing down! :D

Guest Pelikan132

Grizzly is ingame, check a few blogs back.

I did and i havent found the answer for the question:

Can a soldier take cover in the empty space between the belts os the tank? :D

Patriot Missiles, GGI's , Rocketeer's , almost anything can bring down a Kirov given its speed.

The best AA in RA2 is the Aegis Cruiser, it brings Kirovs down pretty fast, even alone. However Naval units and water must be present on the map for that.

I did and i havent found the answer for the question:

Can a soldier take cover in the empty space between the belts os the tank? :D

Grizzlies can't take that much damage to stay stationary for infantry covering. They will be using their speed and manuverability to win a combat, so basicly even if infantry could hide there, there are two possibilities:

-The driver is an idiot, trying to absorb all the damage it gets with its low health to defend an infantry unit.

-You are the idiot, hiding behind the Grizzly, then the driver simple moves away, because he knows he'll die fucking quickly when stationary, then you are left without cover.

And as rm pointed it out, worldbox doesn't let you hide there anyway.

Guest thepcman
As I watched one of your trailers on youtube I had a thought... who are the lucky testers? :D

lol :)

Not me! D:

Edited by thepcman

Guest Pelikan132

Do you plan to make an mod add-on with usage of the Yuris Revenge datadisk? It could be interesting with the Battle Fortress... :)

Oops :) forgot about the GGI and the siege chopper...

As I watched one of your trailers on youtube I had a thought... who are the lucky testers? :)

It wont be me right? :D (Doesnt count testing the first official release)

What a dumb thing quoting myself :)

Edited by Pelikan132

Do you plan to make an mod add-on with usage of the Yuris Revenge datadisk? It could be interesting with the Battle Fortress... :)

Oops :D forgot about the GGI and the siege chopper...

And Boris and Robot Tanks, Spy Plane and whatever else... as stated both on moddb and the official website:

This game features all of the units and structures for the Allied and Soviet sides from both RA2 and the Yuri's Revenge Expansion.

Please post non-blog related stuff to the FAQ thread in the General Discussion forums.

Guest Pelikan132

And Boris and Robot Tanks, Spy Plane and whatever else... as stated both on moddb and the official website:

Please post non-blog related stuff to the FAQ thread in the General Discussion forums.

Robot tanks!!! :D I want to see that! :)

Guest BigCheese256

You mean Robot Control Centre.

Hm. What will happen when the Control Centre is destroyed? Do they just turn off, your interface with them just cut or what?

Also, what would happen to your Robot Tank if you disconnected your interface to it to repair the Control Centre? :D

Hm. What will happen when the Control Centre is destroyed? Do they just turn off, your interface with them just cut or what?

Also, what would happen to your Robot Tank if you disconnected your interface to it to repair the Control Centre? :D

You either become gelatinous in form, or you get turned into soup. I prefer the latter.

Guest Pelikan132

Not really, you can have terror drones without a radar (there are a few controllers in the war factory), but you can have more drones with a radar (extra controller terminals).

How many of them will be? :D

Guest theta123

Why not to use M249 SAW? :) Better ROF...

The FN Minimi has a ROF of 1150 the SAW has 1000

Basicly, the M249 is just a Minimi with a Heatshield and a diffrent stock. But americans insta brand it "AWESOME 100% US designed and made weapon)

Same goes with the FN MAG.2-3 small changed, and its branded M240 and pure american

And beside, the M249 is only used by the US army. The FN Minimi is used by 21 Countries, with more countries planning to aquire it.

I hereby bow, and salute, to the AR dev team, for taking sie FN Minimi wich i suggested. If their is anything i can do to help, you let me know :D

Edited by theta123

Guest Pelikan132

The FN Minimi has a ROF of 1150 the SAW has 1000

Basicly, the M249 is just a Minimi with a Heatshield and a diffrent stock. But americans insta brand it "AWESOME 100% US designed and made weapon)

Same goes with the FN MAG.2-3 small changed, and its branded M240 and pure american

And beside, the M249 is only used by the US army. The FN Minimi is used by 21 Countries, with more countries planning to aquire it.

I hereby bow, and salute, to the AR dev team, for taking sie FN Minimi wich i suggested. If their is anything i can do to help, you let me know :D

Good speech, too bad we already solved this :)