Blog 174 (15/03/10)

Hey guys. I'm late again with this one. But enjoy the content I have lined up.

<h3>Guardian GI IFV</h3>

dtrngd has been working on the Guardin GI's IFV turret. When you purchase a Guardian GI and use him with an IFV, it makes for a powerful anti-tank and anti-air weapon. Adjustments will be made to the turret to allow the barrels to pivot up and down for good anti-air capabilities.

Take a look at the new turret, sitting to the left of the normal rocket IFV!

post-2093-1271023185.pngpost-2093-1271022844.png

Rocket maaaaaan!

<h3>Staff Meeting</h3>

We had a meeting 10 days ago to discuss what everyone was doing. We've had these conferences before, but these are now taking a more structured form. We sorted some key issues out regarding what you can find below.

Take it away dt!

Date/Time: 6th March, 9pm UTC/GMT

Output:

• Soviet Service Depot model finishing by rm5248 was moved over to April.
  • Eggman is fixing the thumb on the fps hands. From there OWA will create the sleeveless and gloves variants, so proper rigging can begin!
  • Weapon rigging plans will be modified at the next meeting, as ChAoS does not have that much experience yet. Someone please join him to form the weapon rigging squad.
  • The Soviet Walls will be done soon and rigged for next version, according to Occult13.
  • Please upload the Rocketeer with its current jetpack and guns for Poggel. Poggel will use the concept art reference to correct/remodel the guns. In TPS: weapon doesnt appear, it's part of the character model.
  • OWA will finish the character base mesh soon, using that all infantry can be modelled nicely. A guideline will be needed for it! Also someone must team up with OWA for character modeling, he won't be able to do them all alone in time.
  • Guywithawrench's next texture assignment will be the Tokarev TT-33, as seen in the March projects!
  • GI MP5K is still at Chevy (unwrapping process) but if someone has more time, take it from him ASAP and texture it! (Chevy has very little time to work, that's why)
  • Sandbags setup: invisible vehicle-collision ramp leading up to the top of the sandbags, making a deployed G.I. squishable (starting deeper underground to fit slopes better), but it will still have problems. Can the script check terrain steepness and not allow deployment if it's too steep? (this would avoid floating sandbags too)
  • Rocketeer MUST be kicked from vehicles upon entering them! With a Host Message you can't drive vehicles while being a Rocketeer or something. (script). He also needs a cooldown timer for turning the jetpack on/off, so he can't abuse the fall-down speed to then turn it back on before hitting the ground and not die from the falling.

<h3>War Miner In-Game & Working</h3>

dtrngd has gotten the Soviet War Miner ingame now. This vehicle is the soviet's harvesting unit. Before we had it ingame as a prop to test the textures, but now it is rigged and drivable! The finished version will even have animations for mining ore and dumping it off at the refinery. This is a pretty big unit, so it has been scaled up to be bigger than the Rhino Tank. dtrngd is now working on getting the Chrono Miner ready for unwrapping.

Take a look at the screenie below for a peek at what will be ingame.

post-2093-1271022548.png

The texture will probably change a bit before release.

<h3>Team Messages</h3>

I'm bogged down with university work.

cfehunter is too.

dtrngd is back!

danpaul88 has been sucked into Final Fantasy XIII

Chronojam and Venompawz got married! Congratulations to you both!

rm5248 is making adjustments to the Soviet Service depot.

<h3>OWA's Random Corner</h3>

How is babby formed?

<center><object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w_RaPOOVX1Y&hl=en_GB&fs=1&color1=0x3a3a3a&color2=0x999999"></param><param'>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w_RaPOOVX1Y&hl=en_GB&fs=1&color1=0x3a3a3a&color2=0x999999"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w_RaPOOVX1Y&hl=en_GB&fs=1&color1=0x3a3a3a&color2=0x999999" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object></center>

<h3>Until...</h3>

...next time.

Guest MartinMb

I just need to play the terror drone... its so cute :D (I hope it's cruel too and that it can slaughter infantry just like in RA2 HAHAHAHAHA !)

The giant rocket IFV kicks ass !

Guest DCobb

I will be a terror drone or harrier every match. I can feel it already! (Or I'll be trying to jack IFVs with tesla troopers!)

AWESOME IFVS :)

Also, thanks for reminding me how babby is formed :D