Score farmers

There are some players who sometimes play the game when nobody else is online, and keep destroying the enemy base to get lots of free points and recommendations.

I call this exploiting, because it is not properly playing the game if you can just destroy the entire enemy base without being obstructed by any enemy players. It's not that big of a problem, but players can exploit the ranking system with it.

What are your views on these players, and should something be done with them?

None and nothing because if the player count is too low (1-2 or 1-3, idk I'll ask rantanplan whenever I can find him) then matches don't count towards your ranking, so it's not a problem.

Who even cares about recs, I told rantanplan to ditch that system ever since achievements came out.

Weren't you the one clamoring for more Camos Canyon Bots because it contains easy kills that are even more exploity? :rolleyes:

Recommendations have always been a confusing and dated system, not to mention spammy and feeling out of place. Same applies to "platinum medals", I don't even know what those are. That's an entire line to be removed from those rank images as well, less text is good.

Highscore and achievement points should be the stats that matter.

Edit: I'd also remove the highest registered player count, that's not a number that players need to be bothered with all the time. Simply stating "player X is ranked #Y" is sufficient.

Edited by Raap

Medals are basically grind achievements. Like kill 2000 vehicles or whatever. I think they at least have the same player count reliance thing as score/kills/etc so they can't be farmed in empty games like recs can.

Oh yeah and to confirm about low player count games not counting towards ranking, sort the rankings by MVP. If someone is the only player in the game, they would be guaranteed to get the MVP award - you'd be seeing a lot more of those on new/poor/"farming" players if empty games counted on stats. (You may find people who've soloed on the server for a while and have MVP*3 under their name but that doesn't mean it's added to the stats.)

Also, since people tend not to play unless others are playing, it would be really self-destructive to "do something" about people who play when nobody else is online. Empty-game farming is really only a problem when the farmer uses the "Ransik technique" and drives players away.

I'm in support of maintaining reccomendations. Game feels more dynamic with more text pop-ups.

along the lines of IT'S HAPPENING~~!!1

moonsense715 [21:27]

nothing to worry about

playercount < 2 stats are deleted after every match

for proof:

http://www.w3dhub.com/ranks/apb/balancestats.php?nombre=0&signo=<&numplay=2&pagina=1

<2 -> no records (edited)

= 2 -> records:

http://www.w3dhub.com/ranks/apb/balancestats.php?nombre=0&signo=%3D&numplay=2&pagina=1

I remember asking for this because the match list used to be spammed with 0-player Allied base destruction victories on seamist :v

None and nothing because if the player count is too low (1-2 or 1-3, idk I'll ask rantanplan whenever I can find him) then matches don't count towards your ranking, so it's not a problem.

Who even cares about reccomendations, I told rantanplan to ditch that system ever since achievements came out.

Weren't you the one clamoring for more Camos Canyon Bots because it contains easy kills that are even more exploity? :rolleyes:

Oh, I see.

I wasn't looking forward to Camos Canyon Bots for easy kills, just for the fun of fighting along bots in multiplayer. Maybe make it so bot kills won't count towards score from now on?

I wasn't looking forward to Camos Canyon Bots for easy kills, just for the fun of fighting along bots in multiplayer. Maybe make it so bot kills won't count towards score from now on?

Will ask rantanplan about that, I feel like it shouldn't be too hard to do if it sums up all the kills that can potentially get added to the "top 10 most kills" column - since clearly players outside the top 10 do get tracked otherwise they wouldn't be able to make it onto the list - instead of just using the normal kill count.

Heh, i used to be one of those guys : P

It really doesn't amount to much, it's really just sad that people would stay up that late to play a lonely repetitive wasteland.

I see rank as just an extended commitment badge, it's the players who manage to kill you in every engagement that are scary!