Kapitan speed

des1206

Since the Kapitan currently has less dps vs. Officer (I know it's intended to compensate for weaker Allied infantry), in the interest of fairness can we let the Kapitan run a little faster than the Officer? I mean, those trench coats look pretty heavy.

If you really want to make things interesting you can lower the Kapitan's health by a tiny amount too and boost his speed a little more. Soviets want speed to catch those fast Allied vehicles/infantry while Allies want more firepower/survivability vs. heavy Soviet armor/infantry!

Edited by des1206

Since the Kapitan currently has less dps vs. Officer (I know it's intended to compensate for weaker Allied infantry), in the interest of fairness can we let the Kapitan run a little faster than the Officer? I mean, those trench coat look pretty heavy.

If you really want to make things interesting you can lower the Kapitan's health by a tiny amount too and boost his speed a little more. Soviets want to catch those fast Allied vehicles/infantry while Allies want more firepower/survivability vs. heavy Soviet armor/infantry!

The idea is that since Allies have a much narrower variety of field infantry than Soviet, their equivalents of Soviet infantry are just better (in most cases).

Captains get more DPS, but may do a little worse in close quarters compared to Kapitans who get more chances to hit. The same applies to Allied/Soviet rangers.

Rifle Soldiers get marginally more DPS than Soviet ones, and more chances to hit due to throwing out more bullets, but the difference is not as significant as the Captain vs Kapitan.

Sergeants' secondary fire is arguably less situational than Starshina's.

Rocket Soldiers don't get projectile drop and have a scope on their AA launcher, unlike RPG Troopers.

Sniper is less visible in most circumstances than the Soviet sniper (most maps are temperate/forested)

Soviet infantry really don't need the help (except flamethrowers as you mentioned), especially since the bug with their weapon ready times is getting fixed (currently most of them take twice as long to be usable after exiting sprint mode as Allied weapons).

Making the infantry too different means too much more stuff to balance.