Blog 47 (19/09/07)

Heya guys and girls, welcome to this week's AR Blog. As usual, we have some cool stuff to show you :D This week's Blog is an all Soviet special!

<h3>Terror Drone</h3>

I made a few modifications to the terror drone to get the model you see below. The dome is slightly transparent to reveal the inner workings of the drone. I think it looks kinda like a Metroid now, lets see what you think.

td.jpgApocplusTerrordrone.jpg

I just had to put it with the Apocalypse Tank for coolness factor.

<h3>Soviet Ore Refinery</h3>

Merovingian has nearly completed modelling the interior to the Soviet Ore Refinery. This is going to be a nice structure to walk around because a lot of detail has been put into the features.

This structure probably won't have an MCT but a total of three building weakpoints which all have to be destroyed for building destruction. (Two furnaces and a key pipe section).

Here are some images of the new conveyer belt with a safety net for catching the ore and funneling it down to the furnaces.

SovRef09.png

SovRef08.png

<h3>Flak Trooper Reporting</h3>

I showed you the conscript last week bu with a few edits we can transform him into a Flak Trooper. Flak Trooper's need the visibility to sight the oncoming air units so they don't use a helmet. However, they are equipped with an eyeglass target system for making those precise shots to strike down Allied air units.

Flakman1.jpgFlakman2.jpg

Look familiar?

200pxccredalert2box8tm.jpg

<h3>Team Messages</h3>

The release of APB Beta was a huge success! There are a few nasty bugs, but that doesn't stop the new version of APB being a lot of fun :)

I've offered to help the Reborn team get their stuff up together. I'm currently doing the string table, so if you see a weapon name that you like, be sure to thank me :) I also recently got a Bluescreen on my computer, but Eggman891 helped me climb back fro it and I didn't lose anything. Big thanks to him for the advice.

APB's texture artist, mjfabian, has come to our aid and has started texturing the Soviet Flak Track. Be sure to stay tuned in for updates on that.

dtrngd has started working on a new infantry-only map, RA2_Rocky_Pass.mix. Expect to see some WIP shots of that in the coming weeks.

Soviet_Deso is texturing the Allied Chrono Miner and the Allied Grizzly Tank. Expect to see some work from him soon! At the rate things are getting done now, we should have a fully textured set of vehicles for the first release fairly soonish :)

AR is standalone, if you didn't know.

Tankmaster is making us up a new website. Expect to see that in action soon.

<h3>Home Time</h3>

That brings our blog to a close for this week. See you next week for more of this.

Hmm, interesting. I like the terror drone, looks really neat. The flak trooper looks kinda like some b-movie actor, not that this is a bad thing :p.

Also teh Betah has no Bugs :D

Nice Blog OWA.

The Terror Drone looks good at the moment. I need to compare it with RA 2 movies and pictures again.

The Apocalypse Assault Tank is just awesome. :D I like the proportions of the Terror Drone and the Apocalypse Assault Tank.

About the Ore Refinary I just can say Mero is a great guy and AR TV a great invention. :)

The Flak Trooper looks at the moment like he is blind on one eye. Remembers me at a pirate and at Alastor "Mad-Eye" Moody. Give him also a special eye that can see stealth (GAP) units and through walls? :p

WOW TERROR DRONE OMFG LOVE IT! and the flak trooper lol, would this map be inside the missle silo ? lol and a new site? cool

Great blog guys as always, can't wait till next wednesday!

Edited by -FW-Wolf

Guest tiberian tesla mutant!

Terror drone looks nice, although personally it doesn't look like a Metroid. Also, bag of dicks, my favorite breakfast item at eye patch. That could be hopefully fixed so that he doesn't look like a Commie Pirate (secret character maybe?)

Edited by tiberian tesla mutant!

terror drone looks great. i hope that the eyepatch will be chanegd into something more high-tech in the future, but that's just me. :D

cnc reborn: CNC REBORN AN OFFICIAL STANDALONE GAME!!!!!

AR:

AR is standalone, if you didn't know.

lol kind of funny.

edit: itd be neat if the flak trooper had his own hud/reticle

Edited by rako88

Guest Merovingian

AR TV (Apocalypse Rising TV) Aires from my computer when i'm working on it. If you hang out in IRC (irc://irc.n00bstories.com/apocrising) you will get notices that i'm working, what i'm working on and a link to view it in your internet browser.

great blog love the terror and AT and the inside of the ora Ore Refinery. is looking kick ass but as for the flak trooper im not to crazy about and i think the face that he doesn't have a helmet takes away from the RA2 feeling but thats just my feelings

great blog love the terror and AT and the inside of the ora Ore Refinery. is looking kick ass but as for the flak trooper im not to crazy about and i think the face that he doesn't have a helmet takes away from the RA2 feeling but thats just my feelings

Look closely at this picture.

flkticon.gif

The flak trooper could be wearing a helmet but it is hard to tell. We may hive him one of those synthetic russian army hats as seen on the left in this picture of Advnced Wars.

bmartlygeapc.jpg

your actully very right ...i just checked the pic out and it and after a second look it almost looks like he is bald wearing a doctors mask with like an eye patch or something....my foot is in my mouth :D but.... i just played it just to check and is head is the color as the cons. so that kinda says helmet to me and i also notice it was the same color as the testla troopers armor

Edited by WallyWooD

Guest MuadDib15

I think you should variable heads so that you don't have clones running around the battlefield since we have open heads and not closed in.

APB did that for the beta.

i dont really care if he has a helmet or not, because in Renegade for that matter it doesn't do any good except for making the Head that of a slightly bigger target, because it counts as a head.

Any way keep em comin, i hope to see a video soon of the Superweapons in action, yea even the Chronosphere. :D

Guest =NX=VinGummi2

Nice blog, about the Ore Refinery, if you fully desrtoy one of the weakpoints, but not the others, will it then be possible to the other team to reapirt that weakpoint too, or how would it work?

Well, currently my thinking goes as follows:

Weakpoints *can* be repaired, but ONLY before they are destroyed completely. Once they are completely destroyed they cannot be repaired.

Buildings may optionally lose some functionality as it loses weakpoints, IE: The refinery might produce less credits per miner load once it's lost one or more weakpoints.

Weakpoints health is completely unlinked to the buildings main health.

Killing all weakpoints = building goes boom. Similarly, destroying the actual building also kills the weakpoints (kinda obvious).