Blog 53 (31/10/07)

Ok lets hit into our second year of blogs! Before I begin I would like to wish everyone a happy halloween.

Now for updates!

<h3>Flak Track</h3>

Aside from the terror drone, the soviet's fastest land unit is the flak track. This unit acts as an APC, as well as filling anti-infantry and anti-air roles. The flak track can carry one driver and four passengers bringing the total to 5. It's flak gun can fire an arced shot for taking out ground units or a high velocity shot for taking out those pesky harriers and rocketeers.

The talented Mjfabian has been working away on the texture for this unit and the base detail has been put down. The colour is only a temporary fixture and the final unit will come in a flavour of four differant camos, much like the V2 and Tesla Tank on APB.

post-1735-1193590458.jpg

<h3>The Allied All Seeing Eye</h3>

The allied spysat uplink, in RA2, revealed the whole map. We are not sure how this will work in AR but we'll give it a good go. It may end up turning out like the spyplane but better, who knows at this stage. Anyway, here is the model by Sven and Ric (combo mambo by me).

Spysat.png

<h3>Germany's Can Opener</h3>

Are the soviet tanks getting you down? Having trouble with that superior armour and massive firepower? You are? Well never fear, for the Germans are here! Utilising their gun making prowess, they have managed to put a monsterous anti-tank cannon onto a normal tank chassis to create a soviet tank commander's worst nightmare. These mobile guns have been known to tear even the toughest of units apart, even the mighty Apocalypse Tank has fallen to a squad of these ferocious units.

With strength comes weakness and this unit is no exception. Due to the special shells, designed to penetrate tank armour, the tank destroyer is useless against the bricked-up structures of the soviets. It is also completely useless against infantry. Since the gun is aimed forward the tank destroyer is vulnerable against anything that isn't a frontal attack. This also limits the aiming capabilities of the unit, forcing it to use the terrain to it's advantage.

Model by Sven and Retrocide (combo mambo by me).

Tankdestroyer.png

<h3>Mapping on the Move</h3>

dtrngd has been mapping as usual and he has pulled out two new screenshots of his latest map, Rocky Pass. Check 'em out!

53_1.png

53_2.png

<h3>Team Messages</h3>

Oh noes! Coursework! Wednesday next week is going to be much less of a rush, that's for sure.

cfehunter has linux (could be kubuntu).

Tankmaster is getting our website ready. We should probably have it by christmas. :) I'll have to check about the forum theme though. It looked awesome when I last saw it though. A screenshot of the website can be found here.

[FW]Wolf has been appointed as a tester. Well done to him!

A Path Beyond and to a lesser extent, Apocalypse Rising were featured on the latest episode of battlecast primetime. APB was on for about 3 seconds then a screenshot of the website was shown (with a render of AR on the front page) along with Apoc pretending to cry about the nostalgia or something. Anyway, the footage they used isn't a patch on the newest trailer, due to release soon.

Talking about releases, patch 2 for APB Beta is to release very soon, this is going to be quite a significant patch so make sure to get it when it goes live.

<h3>OWA's Community Support Shed</h3>

C&C Reborn is drawing ever near to completion. Will it finally be released? What will become of the dev team after? Will I shutup now? Find out on the next saga of C&C Re-ball Z

[FW]Wolf informed me that him and cnc95fan have acquired the old Battle For Dune mod from Leaubi and have restarted development. I think this will be good if it is completed as BFD would make quite a nice FPS. I mean who doesn't want to rip round in a Harkonnen Buzzsaw?

CMDBob has restarted his Homeworld 2 mod after a period of abscence. The test for this was pretty fun, not to mention the crazy aircraft physics.

That's it for now, more from the shed next week. (Yes! I had more w3d based coverage than Apoc's community corner!)

<h3>End</h3>

"That's a wrap! :D"

"Roger that! :)"

Flak looks awsome, love the spysat and tank destroyer models so much <3 and that map is just pwnage.

Ty for the tester place :D and thanks for the mod shout

Another great blog guys, n1.

Guest deadpikle

I love the spy sat model. Not so much on the flak track; but that's probably because of the color. I'll wait until I see the texture before I say anything more.

Nice blog =D

Guest r315r4z0r

They didn't promise anything.. and he couldn't of made it anymore clear. They said they want to get it out within 30 days (today) but no promises.

Other than Reborn, however, everything sounds great. Hopefully that short advertizment for APB will draw some C&C3 fans to (or back) to Renegade and onto APB and AR and Reborn (when they come out)

You were thinking of me when you posted the German Tank Destroyer werent you :D

Ok lets hit into our second year of blogs! Before I begin I would like to wish everyone a happy halloween.

Now for updates!

and may there be a many more to come, (but hopefully not to many, i want to play this mod ASAP. :) )

Like the look of the tanks can't wait to own the Tank destroyer by raming its side.

Website looks great reminds me just how bland and plain A Path Beyond forums are.

Edit: CRAP lagzors...........................

Please delete the repeats...............................

Edited by LCM

sadly, ive learned not to trust reborn with beta promises. but since this is a new developer (dante) i think we should give him a clean slate.

dante isn't really a new face (since he used to lead APB when it was renalert), but he should get the results that Reborn have been wanting.

You were thinking of me when you posted the German Tank Destroyer werent you :D

Indeed.

Nice to see the progress continueing. With things looking so smooth, hopefully we can start playing this ownage mod in december.

I don't think we'll make december.

i hope the tank destroyer is really maneuverable.... or else it will be one of those units no one buys.....

It's not in release 1 anyway, you will only get it on a 1/5 chance when it is released, and it's so powerful people WILL buy it for the lolz when they smash apoc tanks to smithereens :D

Guest r315r4z0r

awww OWA... Failure is not an option. Stalin orderes you to do better :v

Stalin is dead, Kane killed him.

Edited by r315r4z0r

Guest sadukar09
[FW]Wolf informed me that him and cnc95fan have acquired the old Battle For Dune mod from Leaubi and have restarted development. I think this will be good if it is completed as BFD would make quite a nice FPS. I mean who doesn't want to rip round in a Harkonnen Buzzsaw?

MUST_BUY_SARDAUKARS